Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Rossfan on February 07, 2018, 09:56:57 AM
Does anyone go to D3 or D4 games?

Not sure if there was an actual figure published, but I'd have estimated the attendance in our opening fixture at home to Sligo as close to 4,000.

Feckitt

Quote from: Feckitt on January 29, 2018, 11:15:17 AM

There was a good article in The Irish News today from John McEntee who was giving out about the lack of coverage of the National League from the BBC and that they still put the radio coverage on MW where half the people cant get it, and the other half get it on a poor reception.

Above are the average attendances for all Irish soccer clubs.  For the Northern clubs an average of 6948 fans would attend the entire league programme on a Saturday.  Meanwhile in Omagh 9465 attend just one match.  Guess which code gets their own 30 minutes highlights programme every week on prime time telly?

Rossfan

As I often said before time GAA people in the North stopped paying TV licences until they get Parity of Esteem.
Any chance "Slippery Dodger" could give us football figures as well as the hurling ones?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Eamonnca1

Where are you getting the figures from, lads? Is it from the tannoy or match reports in the news?

slippery dodger

The only NFL Attendances I can track down
Down v Cork 2,983
Donegal v Galway 5,053
Tipperary v Tipperary 2,344
Dublin Tyrone 9,465
Kerry Mayo 11,639

Cunny Funt

Quote from: slippery dodger on February 08, 2018, 08:34:37 PM
Down v Cork 2,983
Donegal v Galway 5,053
Dublin Tyrone 9,465
Kerry Mayo 11,639

A v B game  ;)

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Rossfan on February 07, 2018, 11:15:22 AM
They were pretty small to say the least especially the day we played Kilkenny.
A lot of lads who get their pictures in the media at Ros games nowadays weren't to be seen in those dark days.
What was the final score from Freshford that day?

Rossfan

We played them in Kiltoom in 2011.
Won by 25 pts to 1.
Biggest cheer of the day was when KK scored in the 2nd half :-[
We gave them a big batin in Ballyragget in 1999 but can't recall the score.
One thing I recall was the KK lads kept going down injured in the last 10 minutes to keep the score down.

slippery dodger

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 08, 2018, 08:37:21 PM
Quote from: slippery dodger on February 08, 2018, 08:34:37 PM
Down v Cork 2,983
Donegal v Galway 5,053
Dublin Tyrone 9,465
Kerry Mayo 11,639

A v B game  ;)

Tipp v Roscommon! Apologies

guy crouchback

i dont know what the craic is in other counties but i'm pretty convinced at this stage that the mayo co board are under reporting the home crowd by between 2000 and 3000 for league matches for the last few years.
there is no way there were less then 12000 people in mc hale park last Saturday.  the stand was effectively full and its capacity is 10,000, even accounting for 5% empty seats ( and there wasn't) that's 9500. there were at least 3000 people on the mc hale road side probably more like 4000 and maybe  1000 behind the goal. 
id say the crowd was minimum 14000 and maybe 15000.

Rossfan

Free u 16s not counted I presume??

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on February 08, 2018, 10:01:42 PM
We played them in Kiltoom in 2011.
Won by 25 pts to 1.
Biggest cheer of the day was when KK scored in the 2nd half :-[
We gave them a big batin in Ballyragget in 1999 but can't recall the score.
One thing I recall was the KK lads kept going down injured in the last 10 minutes to keep the score down.

How many roughly would have gone to that game? I'd say there were more on the KK team bus than KK supporters.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

guy crouchback

Quote from: Rossfan on February 09, 2018, 02:47:53 PM
Free u 16s not counted I presume??
nope, everyone is supposedly counted going in the turnstiles,they turn the same for kids as adults plus there would be way more u16's then the short fall anyway.
attendance as reported is supposed to be everyone in the ground, kids, paid tickets, season tickets, any complementary tickets.
now i could be wrong i might just be crap at guessing crowd numbers but i'm not the only one saying it.

slippery dodger

21,469 in Croke Park for Dublin Donegal

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.