American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Aaron Rodgers bitching at his coach again.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

dec

Quote from: Minder on September 20, 2019, 09:28:17 PM
Brown cut by Pats

I wonder what the record for getting cut by the most teams in a single season is?

gallsman

Just a stunning couple of weeks and months from Brown.

I imagine there'll be a big NFL ban forthcoming.

Gmac

Quote from: dec on September 20, 2019, 09:33:33 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 20, 2019, 09:28:17 PM
Brown cut by Pats

I wonder what the record for getting cut by the most teams in a single season is?
nasty pice of work if the text messages that were made public are anything to go on , he's probably done now can't see another team touching him.

Capt Pat

Brown is having some sort of mental breakdown. He has fouled up my chances in the fantasy football as well.

Minder

Has went from having $30m guaranteed in March to earning $158k in 2019

gallsman

Evidence of texts from AB asking for dirt to be dug up on a second accuser. Absolute moron.

dec

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 20, 2019, 09:58:24 PM
Brown is having some sort of mental breakdown. He has fouled up my chances in the fantasy football as well.

You left him on the bench last week and he scored more than any of the receivers you did pick. :)

Minder

Brown has always been a bit of a cnut, he has just run out of road

screenexile

The legend of Pat Mahomes took a few big hits last night!!

gallsman

Was at the Raiders-Bears game yesterday. Enjoyable experience for my first NFL game, even if American sports fandom is so fake and forced. Hammered Americans who can only shout "wooooo" or "yeahhhh!" when reacting to the game become quite tiresome after a while.

It was definitely made more enjoyable by the fact I had Josh Jacobs in my fantasy team and the guy I was playing was seated beside me.

Spurs' new stadium is absolutely incredible. It's like a way cooler version of the Aviva.

Ball Hopper

Cleveland Browns back to being themselves again with a 31-3 loss to the 49ers.

Clov

The Niners are legitimate contenders this year (if they can stay healthy).
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

AZOffaly

Quote from: gallsman on October 07, 2019, 04:43:19 PM
Was at the Raiders-Bears game yesterday. Enjoyable experience for my first NFL game, even if American sports fandom is so fake and forced. Hammered Americans who can only shout "wooooo" or "yeahhhh!" when reacting to the game become quite tiresome after a while.

It was definitely made more enjoyable by the fact I had Josh Jacobs in my fantasy team and the guy I was playing was seated beside me.

Spurs' new stadium is absolutely incredible. It's like a way cooler version of the Aviva.

Was there myself. Great weekend. Brother in Law caught a ball lobbed into the seats by Harry Kane. Unreal stadium in fairness.