Mayo v New York, Gaelic Park 10.05.09

Started by Barney, April 28, 2009, 08:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Sadly my imminent wedding means that a trip to NYC isn't on the agenda and I envy those taking the flight.

I wonder could swine flu scupper the whole bloody thing though?

Anyhow it is the start of Championship 09 for us. Of course we should win but a good bonding weekend and no injuries for the team would be two more positives to throw into the mix.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Barney on April 28, 2009, 08:21:53 AM
Sadly my imminent wedding means that a trip to NYC isn't on the agenda and I envy those taking the flight.

I wonder could swine flu scupper the whole bloody thing though?

Anyhow it is the start of Championship 09 for us. Of course we should win but a good bonding weekend and no injuries for the team would be two more positives to throw into the mix.

One of the best quotes ever Barney!!! You should have booked the honeymoon for NY!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

IolarCoisCuain

Congrats on the wedding Barney! And I think I speak for us all here when I hope and pray that the future Mrs Barney does not visit this site, or else you could be the doghouse for a while. A good while.  :D

Foreverhopeful

are we down a few because of exams for this one or are they travelling out after?
When is the captain being picked?

mannix

poor barney, well at least one mayo man will score that weekend.

Lar Naparka

Good man, Barney; congratulations and best wishes and may both you and Mrs. Barney to be  have a long and happy future together.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Barney

Thanks for the good wishes lads - ICC I haven't a clue what you are on about!!

Anyway back to important things - the Mayo News says Keith Higgins is playing hurling instead of going to New York, we beat Kildare in a challenge, and Aidan O'Shea was sent off in a club game.

I think the captain is being picked before New York. Hard to know really who will get it. Of the players that lined up in the league I suppose McGarrity, Dillon and Trevor would be prime candidates. Maybe Johnno will go and give it to Austie though - many supporters couldn't wish for more than seeing him getting his hands on Sam.

Did ye see Kevin O'Neill is returning to Knockmore and Pat Kelly will be lCastlebar?

Dinny Breen

Quotewe beat Kildare in a challenge

Any report on that?
#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

MWWSI 2017

RedandGreenSniper

Would love to be going myself too but unlike Barney its not romance keeping me away but feckin work and lack of money :-[

I'd say there could be a small enough crew going.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

AbbeySider

Quote from: Barney on April 28, 2009, 04:48:03 PM
I think the captain is being picked before New York. Hard to know really who will get it. Of the players that lined up in the league I suppose McGarrity, Dillon and Trevor would be prime candidates. Maybe Johnno will go and give it to Austie though - many supporters couldn't wish for more than seeing him getting his hands on Sam.

Austie? Your joking ya?
I would be a fan of Austie, and for some reason I like to see the guy doing well.
But I cant see him get the captaincy for a second! He is not exactly guaranteed to perform when it comes to championship. He is not even guaranteed a place.

moysider

I hope you make Mrs. Barney a happy woman. As for the New York trip. Can t take it seriously to be honest. And as regards the Summer out, some confidence I might have had after the Galway/Tyrone games has dissipated since. As for team captain. Could leave it with McGar and if not I d fancy Clarkey. Would nt rule out Andy.

Carmen Stateside

New York will be captained by Mayo man Robbie Moran!

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

rosnarun

with the loss o c mort im afraid aom is definite starter as a free taker and out and out scorer. we are sadly lacking in that regard and if austie is our betst bet someone has q's to a
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere