Month of the Club

Started by REDCOL, December 04, 2017, 05:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

I think in Kildare the talk is that there will be a game in May, two weeks before the county are out.
That is all well and good but are the lads going to be released for training sessions or, as has happened in the past they get one or two nights with their club team and then play the game.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2018, 10:58:22 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 26, 2018, 10:38:10 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 26, 2018, 10:33:32 AM
Does starred mean "no county players"?

Yes. Which means eight clubs, if they have county players will just see their county players 6 times. (pending Mayos involvement in the AI series.

Edit the round of championship in April WILL have co players in case I have you all confused.

How many seasons have you ran with the starred games? We did it for a couple of seasons (maybe even one) and it was scrapped, clubs couldnt get their heads around it mostly

A good few at this stage. Not sure how many exactly. It's good in a way for non county players to get games, on the other hand it kind of shows up how clubs are treated. It was 5 or 6 starred games but 8 I think is too much.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

magpie seanie

Even 5 or 6 is a bit too much. It means the league is meaningless. I thought when they separated league and championship status it was a great thing but it meant they could take the p1ss with county players.

Milltown Row2

I think having a play off is best with starred and non starred games, top four play off and bottom four play off once the county players are back for their clubs!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

With the weather playing puck twice, it doesn't look good for some counties' month of April kept free.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

trailer

This club month was widely criticised when it was announced. It would appear that those people will be proved correct.

Esmarelda

I've read through the article and it says no club championship games will be played.

It doesn't say no league games will be played, nor does it say league games will be played without county players. Of course this could be the case, but Cormican either didn't ask or it didn't suit was he's trying to suggest.

Duine Eile

League games are being played, in fact All Ireland champions Corofin are out this Saturday against An CheathrĂș Rua, the championship is starting in May as it always does in Galway, that article is trying to make a story out of nothing.

magpie seanie

Will county players play? Maybe answer that next week.  ;)

Duine Eile

They might play this weekend but after that I doubt it.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Duine Eile on April 05, 2018, 11:51:00 AM
They might play this weekend but after that I doubt it.

Ya. And that was always going the be the problem with this month of the club. Basically it was part of a coordinated plan put forward by the CPA. In isolation it is pointless. A complete package of changes is needed.

Rossfan

Problem was their package was mad altogether proposing some kind of League Championship - was it of 3 elevens?
Anyway 2 Rounds if Senior and Inter Championship in Ros weekends 14/15th answer 21st/22nd.
If the Co squad was in action on 13th May what would happen?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Rossfan on April 05, 2018, 01:13:03 PM
Problem was their package was mad altogether proposing some kind of League Championship - was it of 3 elevens?
Anyway 2 Rounds if Senior and Inter Championship in Ros weekends 14/15th answer 21st/22nd.
If the Co squad was in action on 13th May what would happen?

If you were playing Galway or Mayo then I'm sure things would be different.