The SDLP

Started by ardmhachaabu, April 23, 2010, 09:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Someone asked for my opinion on the FST motion. It was wrong and the SDLP councillors shouldn't have supported it. Colum Eastwood intervened and told them to reverse their position which last I checked I understand they have. Sometimes holding your hands up and admitting you got it wrong is the right thing to do. I think people will respect them for doing that.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: trailer on July 10, 2020, 10:30:47 AM
Someone asked for my opinion on the FST motion. It was wrong and the SDLP councillors shouldn't have supported it. Colum Eastwood intervened and told them to reverse their position which last I checked I understand they have. Sometimes holding your hands up and admitting you got it wrong is the right thing to do. I think people will respect them for doing that.

Has he stopped Brexit yet? (sorry I had to get it in before someone else)

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 10, 2020, 12:01:13 PM

Sure there'd be more brains in a false face if you ever believed that he would stop Brexit  ;D

trailer

A work in progress. Probably just like SF's Unification strategy for this last.......checks notes......... 99 years!!

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Snapchap

Quote from: Rossfan on July 20, 2020, 01:15:07 PM
https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40018595.html

Just four years after they announced they were going to do it. ::)

Interesting that it has come now, just two or three days after Michael Martin, the leader of their new sister party ('the Republican Party') in an interview on RTÉ, was asked if he actually even wanted to see a United Ireland at some unspecified time in the future, and he spent around 3 minutes dodging the question, refusing to say yes.

Rossfan

Chanting "Border Poll Now" hasn't done the trick.

Snapchap

Quote from: Rossfan on July 20, 2020, 06:00:31 PM

Tethering your dying party to a FF leader who seems not so much disinterested as downright opposed to reunification should bring instant results alright.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Snapchap on July 20, 2020, 03:10:27 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 20, 2020, 01:15:07 PM
https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40018595.html

Just four years after they announced they were going to do it. ::)

Interesting that it has come now, just two or three days after Michael Martin, the leader of their new sister party ('the Republican Party') in an interview on RTÉ, was asked if he actually even wanted to see a United Ireland at some unspecified time in the future, and he spent around 3 minutes dodging the question, refusing to say yes.
100%. If you're a republican but vote FF or SDLP you might as well draw a c*ck on the ballot paper.

Rossfan

Quote from: Snapchap on July 20, 2020, 08:38:32 PM

Tethering your dying party to a FF leader who seems not so much disinterested as downright opposed to reunification should bring instant results alright.
As opposed to Sinn Féin who will give us a UI ...
Next week?
Next month?
Next year?
Maybe ye need to chant louder :D

Snapchap

Quote from: Rossfan on July 20, 2020, 08:50:44 PM

Next week?
Next month?
Next year?
SF have done more than chant though. They've held countless forums on the topic. Holding such a forum is unchartered territory for the SDLP who are now tethered to the coat tails of a Taoiseach who seems bitterly opposed to the very notion of unity.

Eamonnca1

Moaning Mary certainly didn't stop it.

Rossfan

Quote from: Snapchap on July 20, 2020, 09:06:30 PM

Next week?
Next month?
Next year?
SF have done more than chant though. They've held countless forums on the topic. Holding such a forum is unchartered territory for the SDLP who are now tethered to the coat tails of a Taoiseach who seems bitterly opposed to the very notion of unity.
Genuine question...
Who attended the SF forums on Unity?

Gold

Quote from: Rossfan on July 20, 2020, 11:28:50 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on July 20, 2020, 09:06:30 PM

Next week?
Next month?
Next year?
Genuine question...
Who attended the SF forums on Unity?

Do you want Unity?

Genuine question...why isnt every Irish man and woman,  north and South, disgusted that part of our Island is ruled by Britain in the 21st century?

We make up 90percent of the population of Ireland. Why do we let colonial masters set the goalposts? The "i'm all right Jack" mentally is nauseating
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Rossfan

The people voted for the GFA which says that the 6 Cos remains in the "UK" unless a majority there vote differently.
The GFA was supported by Political parties who represent what % of voters?
You refer to "every Irish man and wonan" who make up 90% of the population.
Who are the 10% who arent Irish?