Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 31, 2023, 01:14:16 AM
Quote from: WT4E on December 30, 2023, 11:57:26 PMA word of thanks to the Gortin Club. Something for them to take great pride in. Raising serious money in memory of Matty for the Kevin Bell repatriation Trust. They also hosted some of Mattys family after the game. Class touch from a class club who I know we aren't actually neighbours but we always feel like they are a close neighbour.

Thank you for this in a time when a neighbouring club never acknowledged the loss on their social media when so many others near and far did. We really appreciate the love from those near and far because it mean so much.

Curiosity got the better of me so I checked. I see the Rock, Pomeroy and Cookstown all posted tributes. Would it be a club to the West of you...
I think this should be nipped in the bid straight away. Who ever it was most certainly wouldn't have did it deliberately. To even mention it on here is poor form

WT4E

Quote from: redzone on December 31, 2023, 08:38:02 AM
Quote from: WT4E on December 30, 2023, 11:57:26 PMA word of thanks to the Gortin Club. Something for them to take great pride in. Raising serious money in memory of Matty for the Kevin Bell repatriation Trust. They also hosted some of Mattys family after the game. Class touch from a class club who I know we aren't actually neighbours but we always feel like they are a close neighbour.

Thank you for this in a time when a neighbouring club never acknowledged the loss on their social media when so many others near and far did. We really appreciate the love from those near and far because it mean so much.

Curiosity got the better of me so I checked. I see the Rock, Pomeroy and Cookstown all posted tributes. Would it be a club to the West of you...
I think this should be nipped in the bid straight away. Who ever it was most certainly wouldn't have did it deliberately. To even mention it on here is poor form

Would you like me to remove the post?

TyroneClubs

I know my own club aren't neighbours and we did have a post up but just like other clubs our PRO hasn't been great in the last few years - a hard job to fill. It could be a young person that wasn't aware of posting for it.
I do feel someone within the club - chairperson, secretary etc should have told them to post but it could be something simple.
Without being 100% certain on the club, I'm sure plenty went to the wake, said prayers for the family etc. it was and still is a horrendous situation for everyone involved that will hurt for a long time - I don't think a lack of social media post should come into it however.

Again, thoughts remain with Kildress and all clubs who suffered loss this year. I know it's been a tight 2023 where football means little for some. I hope 2024 can be a better, brighter life helping the memory of those gone before us

RedHand88

Tony Scullion taking charge of Glenelly.

time ticking away

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 31, 2023, 04:07:45 PMTony Scullion taking charge of Glenelly.
Was Diarmuid Mc Nulty not supposed to be taking them ?
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Goals_Will_Come

Who is the club in question?

Tyrone12345

Quote from: time ticking away on December 31, 2023, 04:38:31 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 31, 2023, 04:07:45 PMTony Scullion taking charge of Glenelly.
McNulty now involved with Tyrone U20s I think. Roger Keenan in with Glenelly alongside scullion

God14

Quote from: Tyrone12345 on December 31, 2023, 06:57:51 PM
Quote from: time ticking away on December 31, 2023, 04:38:31 PM
McNulty now involved with Tyrone U20s I think. Roger Keenan in with Glenelly alongside scullion

Not sure how accurate that is. Big Mal, one of the most reputable gaa journalists locally, reported it on his twitter feed, and then deleted it shortly after. Mal wouldn't have deleted it for nothing

Tyrone11234

McNulty is definitely involved with the U20s

TyroneClubs

Any teams back out yet for their 19 week pre season?

on the sideline

Quote from: BIGONE on December 20, 2023, 11:18:04 AMANY UPDATE ON THIS? STILL A LOT OF JUNIOR TEAMS STILL WITHOUT?

Senior / Division 1

Ardboe - Noel O'Neill & Gavin Devlin
Carrickmore -
Clonoe - Kevin Madden
Coalisland -
Donaghmore  - Mark Counihan
Dromore - Ryan McMenamin & Paul McIvor
Dungannon - James Slater, Ryan Pickering, Gerard Cavlan & Barry Gillis
Edendork - Conleth Gilligan
Eglish -
Errigal Ciaran - Enda McGinley & Stephen Quinn
Galbally - Gavin McGilly & Paddy Tally
Killyclogher - Dermy Carlin, Stephen O'Neill & Eoin Bradley
Loughmacrory - Martin Boyle
Omagh - Sean Teague
Pomeroy - Declan McCallan
Trillick - Jody Gormley & Peter McGinnity

Intermediate / Division 2

Aghyaran -
Beragh - Conor Gormley & Damian Leonard
Cookstown - Des Tracey & Conleth Donnelly
Clogher - Macartan McKenna
Derrylaughan - Kevin Niblock
Drumragh - Colm Bradley
Fintona - Martin Greene
Greencastle - Sean Pol Harte & Emmett Hackett
Gortin - Kevin McCullagh, Nigel McCarron, Leo Meenan & Mark Donnelly
Kildress -
Moortown - James Conway, Chris Lawn & Declan O'Neill
Moy -
Naomh Eoghan -
Owen Roes - Stefan Deery & Johnny Lafferty
Rock - Tommy Bloomer & Conor Bayne
Stewartstown -

Junior / Division 3

Aghaloo -
Augher -
Brackaville -
Brocagh - Peter Armour
Castlederg -
Clann na nGael -
Derrytresk - Mickey Rea
Donaghmore III -
Drumquin - Darren Mullan & Stevie Ferguson
Errigal Ciaran III -
Eskra - Declan Treanor
Glenelly -
Killeeshil -
Killyman -
Strabane - Richard O'Neill
Tattyreagh -
Urney - Matthew Neeson

Heard Micky Rea was in with Tattyreagh?

superstar_

Senior / Division 1

Ardboe - Noel O'Neill & Gavin Devlin
Carrickmore -
Clonoe - Kevin Madden
Coalisland -
Donaghmore  - Mark Counihan
Dromore - Ryan McMenamin & Paul McIvor
Dungannon - James Slater, Ryan Pickering, Gerard Cavlan & Barry Gillis
Edendork - Conleth Gilligan
Eglish -
Errigal Ciaran - Enda McGinley & Stephen Quinn
Galbally - Gavin McGilly & Paddy Tally
Killyclogher - Dermy Carlin, Stephen O'Neill & Eoin Bradley
Loughmacrory - Martin Boyle
Omagh -
Pomeroy - Declan McCallan
Trillick - Jody Gormley & Peter McGinnity

Intermediate / Division 2

Aghyaran -
Beragh - Conor Gormley & Damian Leonard
Cookstown - Des Tracey & Conleth Donnelly
Clogher - Macartan McKenna
Derrylaughan - Kevin Niblock
Drumragh - Colm Bradley
Fintona - Martin Greene
Greencastle - Sean Pol Harte & Emmett Hackett
Gortin - Kevin McCullagh, Nigel McCarron, Leo Meenan & Mark Donnelly
Kildress -
Moortown - James Conway, Chris Lawn & Declan O'Neill
Moy -
Naomh Eoghan -
Owen Roes - Stefan Deery & Johnny Lafferty
Rock - Tommy Bloomer & Conor Bayne
Stewartstown -

Junior / Division 3

Aghaloo -
Augher -
Brackaville -
Brocagh - Peter Armour
Castlederg - Chris McLaughlin
Clann na nGael - Kevin McCrystal
Derrytresk -
Donaghmore III -
Drumquin - Darren Mullan & Stevie Ferguson
Errigal Ciaran III -
Eskra - Declan Treanor
Glenelly - Roger Keenan & Tony Scullion
Killeeshil -
Killyman -
Strabane - Richard O'Neill
Tattyreagh - Mickey Rea
Urney - Matthew Neeson

HalfBack7

Anyone have any idea what way the youth football is working this year?

Will it be U12 and U16 starting first with U14 and Minor running from July, like last year?
Or will it be back to U14 and Minor starting first, with U12 and U16 running from July?

LeoMc

Quote from: HalfBack7 on January 08, 2024, 01:41:20 PMAnyone have any idea what way the youth football is working this year?

Will it be U12 and U16 starting first with U14 and Minor running from July, like last year?
Or will it be back to U14 and Minor starting first, with U12 and U16 running from July?

The latter makes more sense if they ever finish off 2023 minors.

As county minors are u17 they dont disrupt club minors as much as when they were aligned. They would impact u16's as much as u18's.
Let club minors finish up to release players for Senior / reserve football.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: LeoMc on January 09, 2024, 09:56:44 AM
Quote from: HalfBack7 on January 08, 2024, 01:41:20 PMAnyone have any idea what way the youth football is working this year?

The latter makes more sense if they ever finish off 2023 minors.

As county minors are u17 they dont disrupt club minors as much as when they were aligned. They would impact u16's as much as u18's.
Let club minors finish up to release players for Senior / reserve football.
Start date for Minors is maybe the biggest issue for underage football in the county at present.
Last year minors started in July and ended up clashing with Senior Championship and ran on until December.
The previous two years it started in March but was put on hold for the County Minor season to take place and ended up overlapping with U16s and still ended up being played into the autumn.
Both start dates created issues, maybe some sort of hybrid approach would be best. Start minors in March and aim to get league group phase played, and then put it on hold when the County season starts. At this point U16 season to begin and return to minors later. No straight forward solution to the Minor Problem.