Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone12345

Quote from: Eire90 on December 19, 2023, 01:50:48 AMWould solution not be to split junior league in two and have a home and away format in the two divisions.

THe championship should probably remain the same your always going to have some one sided games and you cant really have a 8 knockout team championship only 3 games to win a title (tho i think fermanagh senior championship is only 8 teams)

Something along these lines would be very beneficial for all clubs in junior football I think. The gap between the top and bottom of division 3 seems to be widening each year. Would leave the majority of games relatively competitive and give the bottom clubs abit more heart and hope instead of getting serious hammerings every other week.

marty34

Quote from: bogball88 on December 19, 2023, 07:57:40 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on December 19, 2023, 01:47:44 AMTHE one-sided nature of numerous matches in Junior football in Tyrone, both in the league and championship this past season, gives cause for concern, one of the county's leading officers has warned.
Donaghmore, Killyman, Castlederg, Brocagh would be only 4 that I would say haven't been competitive this year

Does Donaghmore have 3 senior teams?

bogball88

Quote from: marty34 on December 19, 2023, 06:50:53 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on December 19, 2023, 01:47:44 AMTHE one-sided nature of numerous matches in Junior football in Tyrone, both in the league and championship this past season, gives cause for concern, one of the county's leading officers has warned.
Donaghmore, Killyman, Castlederg, Brocagh would be only 4 that I would say haven't been competitive this year

For 2 years now

Mikhailov

Quote from: marty34 on December 19, 2023, 06:50:53 PM

I think officially they have 4. There is a 3rds reserve team as far as I know

time ticking away

If junior was split it would encourage more of the bigger clubs to put a 3rds team into the lower league
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

clarshack

Quote from: time ticking away on December 19, 2023, 10:11:55 PMIf junior was split it would encourage more of the bigger clubs to put a 3rds team into the lower league

It would yes.

2 seasons ago Coalisland 3rds had an incredibly difficult start which ended up demoralising players and the team folded. A split league would have been far better for those players development.

bogball88

Quote from: time ticking away on December 19, 2023, 10:11:55 PMIf junior was split it would encourage more of the bigger clubs to put a 3rds team into the lower league
I think Omagh had a motion/recommendation at the Convention asking county board to look into this

LeoMc

With Killyman and Brocagh combining underage is there any appetite for a merger? Are both clubs still fielding reserve teams?

BIGONE

ANY UPDATE ON THIS? STILL A LOT OF JUNIOR TEAMS STILL WITHOUT?

Senior / Division 1

Ardboe - Noel O'Neill & Gavin Devlin
Carrickmore -
Clonoe - Kevin Madden
Coalisland -
Donaghmore  - Mark Counihan
Dromore - Ryan McMenamin & Paul McIvor
Dungannon - James Slater, Ryan Pickering, Gerard Cavlan & Barry Gillis
Edendork - Conleth Gilligan
Eglish -
Errigal Ciaran - Enda McGinley & Stephen Quinn
Galbally - Gavin McGilly & Paddy Tally
Killyclogher - Dermy Carlin, Stephen O'Neill & Eoin Bradley
Loughmacrory - Martin Boyle
Omagh - Sean Teague
Pomeroy - Declan McCallan
Trillick - Jody Gormley & Peter McGinnity

Intermediate / Division 2

Aghyaran -
Beragh - Conor Gormley & Damian Leonard
Cookstown - Des Tracey & Conleth Donnelly
Clogher - Macartan McKenna
Derrylaughan - Kevin Niblock
Drumragh - Colm Bradley
Fintona - Martin Greene
Greencastle - Sean Pol Harte & Emmett Hackett
Gortin - Kevin McCullagh, Nigel McCarron, Leo Meenan & Mark Donnelly
Kildress -
Moortown - James Conway, Chris Lawn & Declan O'Neill
Moy -
Naomh Eoghan -
Owen Roes - Stefan Deery & Johnny Lafferty
Rock - Tommy Bloomer & Conor Bayne
Stewartstown -

Junior / Division 3

Aghaloo -
Augher -
Brackaville -
Brocagh - Peter Armour
Castlederg -
Clann na nGael -
Derrytresk - Mickey Rea
Donaghmore III -
Drumquin -
Errigal Ciaran III -
Eskra -
Glenelly -
Killeeshil -
Killyman -
Strabane - Richard O'Neill
Tattyreagh -
Urney - Matthew Neeson

ShutterinbyDayGAAbyNight

Quote from: LeoMc on December 20, 2023, 09:36:10 AM

With Killyman and Brocagh combining underage is there any appetite for a merger? Are both clubs still fielding reserve teams?

Seems the underage of Naomh Brid (Killyman and Brocagh amalgamation) is going well with them winning 2 titles this year in their respected grades. As for the senior reserves teams of both clubs, Killyman conceded all reserve games last year while brocagh conceded 7 reserve games (3 Home games 4 Away games).

LeoMc

Quote from: ShutterinbyDayGAAbyNight on December 20, 2023, 11:26:14 AM

Seems the underage of Naomh Brid (Killyman and Brocagh amalgamation) is going well with them winning 2 titles this year in their respected grades. As for the senior reserves teams of both clubs, Killyman conceded all reserve games last year while brocagh conceded 7 reserve games (3 Home games 4 Away games).

Sounds like they could just about field 3 teams, though the same could have been said of Naomh Eoghan.

The risk of an amalgamation is losing players as you are effectively reducing the number of starting berths.

bogball88

Quote from: LeoMc on December 20, 2023, 12:11:45 PM

Sounds like they could just about field 3 teams, though the same could have been said of Naomh Eoghan.

The risk of an amalgamation is losing players as you are effectively reducing the number of starting berths.

Speaking of which, was their many legacy Dregish players representing Naomh Eoghan last couple of years?

HalfBack7

Quote from: bogball88 on December 20, 2023, 12:57:34 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on December 20, 2023, 12:11:45 PM

Speaking of which, was their many legacy Dregish players representing Naomh Eoghan last couple of years?

Not really, most of them playing reserve football with Naomh Eoghan with maybe an odd senior call up here and there. Only Dregish player which has been a regular starter for them would be Eamon McGovern.
Majority of that Dregish Senior team would have been around the mid 30s at the time of the merger.

WT4E

A word of thanks to the Gortin Club. Something for them to take great pride in. Raising serious money in memory of Matty for the Kevin Bell repatriation Trust. They also hosted some of Mattys family after the game. Class touch from a class club who I know we aren't actually neighbours but we always feel like they are a close neighbour.

Thank you for this in a time when a neighbouring club never acknowledged the loss on their social media when so many others near and far did. We really appreciate the love from those near and far because it mean so much.

RedHand88

Quote from: WT4E on December 30, 2023, 11:57:26 PMA word of thanks to the Gortin Club. Something for them to take great pride in. Raising serious money in memory of Matty for the Kevin Bell repatriation Trust. They also hosted some of Mattys family after the game. Class touch from a class club who I know we aren't actually neighbours but we always feel like they are a close neighbour.

Thank you for this in a time when a neighbouring club never acknowledged the loss on their social media when so many others near and far did. We really appreciate the love from those near and far because it mean so much.

Curiosity got the better of me so I checked. I see the Rock, Pomeroy and Cookstown all posted tributes. Would it be a club to the West of you...