Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Yip there was an email on Sunday night to say they refunding everyone. Be interesting to find out how many actually bought it. Bit of a hit on the coffers as the production company will still need paid and they have said it wasn't their fault.

RedHand88

southtyronegael

Quote from: square_ball on October 15, 2019, 12:01:15 PM
Yip there was an email on Sunday night to say they refunding everyone. Be interesting to find out how many actually bought it. Bit of a hit on the coffers as the production company will still need paid and they have said it wasn't their fault.
serious financial hit alright considering the crowd at the game was down at least a couple of thousand. Would there have been 2 thousand subscribers at 8 quid?

Redhand Santa

It wont be a popular view but if it was up to me it should cost more to watch the game on the internet not less. Our club championships are special and we should be encouraging as many people as possible to come and watch them. The players deserve to play in front of big crowds. There is no doubt Sundays attendance was down as a result of the game being on the internet and it will be a trend going forward. Our games are heavily attended by neutrals but if they can watch from home for a cheaper price and less hassle there is no doubt many will take up that option.

I know there will be people who genuinely cant make the game but at least coverage at a charge is better than the offering in the past.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Redhand Santa on October 15, 2019, 01:55:43 PM
It wont be a popular view but if it was up to me it should cost more to watch the game on the internet not less. Our club championships are special and we should be encouraging as many people as possible to come and watch them. The players deserve to play in front of big crowds. There is no doubt Sundays attendance was down as a result of the game being on the internet and it will be a trend going forward. Our games are heavily attended by neutrals but if they can watch from home for a cheaper price and less hassle there is no doubt many will take up that option.

I know there will be people who genuinely cant make the game but at least coverage at a charge is better than the offering in the past.
Agree, should be trying to get as many people to attend as possible.

GetOverTheBar

Agree with certain sentiments. However it's dangerously close to punishing OAP/Handicapped members of society. That's what springs to my mind first. I think you mean normal run of the mill 18-40 year olds who have their own transport and have no reason not to attend though?

Internet coverage must be a god send for those with families.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 15, 2019, 01:21:59 PM
serious financial hit alright considering the crowd at the game was down at least a couple of thousand. Would there have been 2 thousand subscribers at 8 quid?

By the talk of them before game (which worked perfect for me) they were saying there was major numbers involved. There was 6k at the game, I would imagine there would have been just as many (worldwide) subscribed for the online coverage.

redhandefender

Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 15, 2019, 10:54:27 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 15, 2019, 10:39:31 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 15, 2019, 10:26:09 AM
Another point, we always enter it. Division one or two, why are clubs not forced to enter a team in such an important age group

I agree u21 is an important age group, for me even more important than minor. But simple fact is some clubs just do not have the numbers. Especially those clubs with an already small pick. The bigger division one clubs, Clonoe, Errigal, Dromore, Coalisland etc will have no problem but for majority of others you are lucky if you could pull 15 out to play considering they could be away at Uni/Work/Senior Priority etc
Only don't have the numbers because there is no cautions if they dont field. Its not pushed enough

This is one of the dumbest things I have read. You clearly don't know how difficult it is in a small club! I think its a disgrace coalisland playing in grade 2, they had another team on the bench for gods sake

Pearse Blue

Quote from: redhandefender on October 15, 2019, 02:20:31 PM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 15, 2019, 10:54:27 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 15, 2019, 10:39:31 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 15, 2019, 10:26:09 AM
Another point, we always enter it. Division one or two, why are clubs not forced to enter a team in such an important age group

I agree u21 is an important age group, for me even more important than minor. But simple fact is some clubs just do not have the numbers. Especially those clubs with an already small pick. The bigger division one clubs, Clonoe, Errigal, Dromore, Coalisland etc will have no problem but for majority of others you are lucky if you could pull 15 out to play considering they could be away at Uni/Work/Senior Priority etc
Only don't have the numbers because there is no cautions if they dont field. Its not pushed enough

This is one of the dumbest things I have read. You clearly don't know how difficult it is in a small club! I think its a disgrace coalisland playing in grade 2, they had another team on the bench for gods sake
Maybe you became a small club because your minors weren't good enough/developed enough for seniors/reserves yet and had nothing in between to play in between

Redhand Santa

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 15, 2019, 02:08:48 PM

Agree with certain sentiments. However it's dangerously close to punishing OAP/Handicapped members of society. That's what springs to my mind first. I think you mean normal run of the mill 18-40 year olds who have their own transport and have no reason not to attend though?

Internet coverage must be a god send for those with families.

Yes it's obviously the neutral floating fan that I'm referring to. I think when you start showing games online for cheaper prices you are in danger of pushing a good section of the neutral away. I know there'll be games that I previously went to because didn't want to miss them that I'd choose to take the easy option and watch online. Hassle free (apart from the buffering issues which you assume will be sorted) and actually costing less.

OAP's/people with disabilities are obviously a different case and I'm not sure how you distinguish them when it comes to setting prices. Maybe they could apply for a cheaper pass for the games online or something.

Either way my view is around trying to keep the games well attended and the sense of occasion that comes with that. It's this that is one of the things that sets us apart from other sports clubs in the county.

southtyronegael

Agree with above. The club championship is the jewel in the crown of Tyrone football. Everything should be done to encourage more people to attend. Fiver cheaper to watch at home is wrong.

The Bearded One

Maybe reduce the prices at the gate?
It is what it is. Presumably.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: The Bearded One on October 15, 2019, 02:51:15 PM
Maybe reduce the prices at the gate?

Could certainly use extra money from online to reduce prices at gate and still be up money if got the mix right.

southtyronegael

Should be 10 quid to watch the 2 finals online. So maybe 11 quid to actually go.

WT4E

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 15, 2019, 02:09:57 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on October 15, 2019, 01:21:59 PM

By the talk of them before game (which worked perfect for me) they were saying there was major numbers involved. There was 6k at the game, I would imagine there would have been just as many (worldwide) subscribed for the online coverage.

Would the general hit to the county boards pocket not be the same if it was 2k or 6k??? Setting aside a some small bank/paypal fees the cost will be the same as they got 8quid in and are giving 8 quid back? ???