club transfers

Started by goldenyears, February 25, 2009, 11:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 13, 2012, 06:53:50 PM
Quote from: heffo on December 13, 2012, 06:41:01 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 13, 2012, 06:39:22 PM
Quote from: heffo on December 13, 2012, 03:13:16 PM
Emlyn Mulligan the latest import into Dublin - going to St Brigids.

Madness.

The next Declan D'arcy?

(I do understand the differences).

The transfer/club eligibility situation in the GAA is murky and close to falling apart.

Nah Jim Gavin wouldn't select him even if he declared for Dublin.

The issue of IC transfers has to be looked at .

Brigids don't need him - this is a club that won the AI Feile Div 1 in Football & Hurling this year

Well its not as if he Just went to Dublin to play club football, he is obviously working around the Blanch area and St Brigids would be the ideal club. Class footballer.

That's exactly what he's done.

Blowitupref

Quote from: heffo on December 14, 2012, 08:44:11 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on December 13, 2012, 08:24:02 PM

Madness.

The next Declan D'arcy?

The transfer/club eligibility situation in the GAA is murky and close to falling apart.

Brigids don't need him - this is a club that won the AI Feile Div 1 in Football & Hurling this year

Why do you think Mulligan wouldn't be good enough for Dublin? this transfer wouldn't be much different than Brian Kavanagh's transfer to Kilmacud Crokes i guess some at the time thought they didn't need him either.

1. I never said he wouldn't be good enough - I said he wouldn't be selected.
2. It's very different to the Kavanagh transfer in that Kavanagh was living and working in Stillorgan - this fella works in Longford.

1. You didn't however, do you think he won't be selected because the Dubs would like to avoid another Johnson type saga?

2. He's a Garda i thought he was getting transferred to Dublin if not he shouldn't be allowed to play for Dublin club. When i said the Kavanagh transfer was similar i was referring to your opinion that St Brigids didn't need him.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

INDIANA

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 14, 2012, 05:19:03 PM

Madness.

The next Declan D'arcy?

Why do you think Mulligan wouldn't be good enough for Dublin? this transfer wouldn't be much different than Brian Kavanagh's transfer to Kilmacud Crokes i guess some at the time thought they didn't need him either.

2. It's very different to the Kavanagh transfer in that Kavanagh was living and working in Stillorgan - this fella works in Longford.

1. You didn't however, do you think he won't be selected because the Dubs would like to avoid another Johnson type saga?

2. He's a Garda i thought he was getting transferred to Dublin if not he shouldn't be allowed to play for Dublin club. When i said the Kavanagh transfer was similar i was referring to your opinion that St Brigids didn't need him.

they don't need him. they've a shitload of players out there - more then most. SFC champs last year.

heffo

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 14, 2012, 05:19:03 PM

Madness.

The next Declan D'arcy?

The footballers have a policy of not playing blow-ins - whether he's good enough is a moot point.

Blowitupref

Quote from: INDIANA on December 14, 2012, 05:23:13 PM

they don't need him. they've a shitload of players out there - more then most. SFC champs last year.

St Brigids weren't good enough to retain their title this year and they would hardly say no to top talent if he becomes available.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Quote from: heffo on December 14, 2012, 05:27:01 PM
The footballers have a policy of not playing blow-ins - whether he's good enough is a moot point.
Kilmacud Crokes didn't care about any blow-in policy and they were proved correct when Brian Kavanagh was named Dublin,Leinster club footballer of the year a few years ago.

And doesn't the current Dublin champions have a few Mayo men playing for them?

heffo

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 14, 2012, 05:49:06 PM
Kilmacud Crokes didn't care about any blow-in policy and they were proved correct when Brian Kavanagh was named Dublin,Leinster club footballer of the year a few years ago.

You're getting confused.

What does the selection policy of the Dublin Senior footballers have to do with an individual clubs short-sighted selection policy?

Blowitupref

Quote from: heffo on December 14, 2012, 05:55:36 PM

You're getting confused.

What does the selection policy of the Dublin Senior footballers have to do with an individual clubs short-sighted selection policy?
Well afterall you did say footballers have a policy of not playing blow-ins.

INDIANA

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 14, 2012, 06:08:19 PM

You're getting confused.

he didn't anyone with a basic grasp of english grammar would know he meant the county team.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: INDIANA on December 14, 2012, 07:08:19 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on December 14, 2012, 06:08:19 PM

You're getting confused.

he didn't anyone with a basic grasp of english grammar would know he meant the county team.

He he he ;D

This is a poor decision unless there are genuine reasons for the lad transferring.  If not then it should be rescinded.

5 Sams

I see it's all over Facebook that Tomás Ó Sé is going to Nemo Rangers!
The Aristocrat Years

theticklemister

How much he go for? 17.5 million?

tintin25

Folks, not sure if this is the right thread or not.

Haven't played with current club since 2015, can I transfer to another club in a different county in the province without both county boards/clubs having to sign off on it?

SCFC

Quote from: tintin25 on January 04, 2017, 12:50:31 PM
Folks, not sure if this is the right thread or not.

Haven't played with current club since 2015, can I transfer to another club in a different county in the province without both county boards/clubs having to sign off on it?
No. You need to apply for transfer. But it should go through with no hassle assuming you have a new address.