Eurovision final here we come!!

Started by rrhf, May 08, 2018, 10:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: trileacman on May 13, 2018, 10:24:54 PM
Jesus the snowflakes have fcuked the euro-vision thread now too.

Is nowhere safe?
It's mad the way there's a cohort of posters who cry "bully" as soon as they're outpointed in a debate.

And then see nothing wrong with obvious naked anti-semitism, calling anybody who objects a snowflake.

Mad, I tells ya.

There's a rather obvious hypocrisy there, but sure, nah...why even bother...

ONeill

Snowdrops and daffodils
Butterflies and bees
Sailboats and fishermen
Things of the sea
Wishing-wells
Wedding bells
Early morning dew
All kinds of everything remind me of you
Seagulls and aeroplanes
Things of the sky
Winds that go howlin'
Breezes that sigh
City sights
Neon lights
Grey skies or blue
Summertime
Wintertime
Spring and autumn too
Monday
Tuesday every day
I think of you.
Dances
Romances
Things of the night
Sunshine and holidays
Postcards to write
Budding trees
Autumn leaves
A snowflake or two
All kinds of everything remind me of you.
Summertime
Wintertime
Spring and autumn too
Seasons will never change
The way that I love you.
Dances
Romances
Things of the night
Sunshine and holidays
Postcards to write
Budding trees
Autumn leaves
A snowflake or two
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

Quote from: gallsman on May 13, 2018, 10:24:20 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 13, 2018, 10:19:09 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 13, 2018, 10:15:50 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 13, 2018, 10:14:44 PM
Supposed anti-semitism isn't acceptable, but anti-catholic, anti-irish, anti-abortion seems very acceptable.

Lololol the absolute state of you trying to draw an equivalence there.

The old saying of a tight arse Scot or Yorkshireman is laughed at, but when it's a jew... Oh, you can't say that!  ::)

As stated above, I'm not very familiar with the stereotype of the "money grabbing Scotsman" being used to systematically persecute the Scots (up to and including genocide) over the centuries. Perhaps you could refresh my memory?

It's not just the stuff the Israeli state has done, it's the stereotypes like the tight Scotsman that can't even be spoken of. All attempts of reference to the Jewish people is lumped into the big anti-semitism net.

A tight Jew or a drunken Irishman. Why is one an acceptable stereotype and one not?

trileacman

It was a joke and pretty f**king harmless for a bunch of white Irish people on a GAA forum.

Go write a strongly worded letter to Sacha Baron Cohen or Seth McFarlane who've spent the best part of 15 years telling the same kind of jokes to the mass market.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

sid waddell

Quote from: BennyCake on May 13, 2018, 10:36:49 PM
Supposed anti-semitism isn't acceptable, but anti-catholic, anti-irish, anti-abortion seems very acceptable.

The old saying of a tight arse Scot or Yorkshireman is laughed at, but when it's a jew... Oh, you can't say that!  ::)

As stated above, I'm not very familiar with the stereotype of the "money grabbing Scotsman" being used to systematically persecute the Scots (up to and including genocide) over the centuries. Perhaps you could refresh my memory?

It's not just the stuff the Israeli state has done, it's the stereotypes like the tight Scotsman that can't even be spoken of. All attempts of reference to the Jewish people is lumped into the big anti-semitism net.

A tight Jew or a drunken Irishman. Why is one an acceptable stereotype and one not?
Are you pretending to be stupid or are you genuinely stupid?

I think I know the answer to this one, actually, having had the misfortune to read a range of your infantile posts on different subjects.

Rois

Quote from: sid waddell on May 13, 2018, 10:47:10 PM

I think I know the answer to this one, actually, having had the misfortune to read a range of your infantile posts on different subjects.
As someone who earlier on this thread alluded to the ass-shaking of the females in the Cyprus act, i'd be careful when you try to link threads. What about treating women as second class citizens? Ok to objectify them when singing on the stage? Nothing to do with singing, lyrics etc. 

gallsman

Quote from: trileacman on May 13, 2018, 10:40:29 PM
It was a joke and pretty f**king harmless for a bunch of white Irish people on a GAA forum.

Go write a strongly worded letter to Sacha Baron Cohen or Seth McFarlane who've spent the best part of 15 years telling the same kind of jokes to the mass market.

Why would I go and contact some famous satirists about some moron posting anti-Semitic tripe on an Irish GAA discussion board?

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Windmill abu on May 13, 2018, 08:26:37 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 13, 2018, 11:52:19 AM
Quote from: grounded on May 13, 2018, 11:19:42 AM
Quote from: gallsman on May 13, 2018, 10:51:34 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 13, 2018, 12:35:06 AM
Quote from: gallsman on May 13, 2018, 12:30:18 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 13, 2018, 12:12:04 AM
Smile will be on the other side of Eurovision's face tomorrow when they discover every telephone vote cast for Israel reversed the charges

Really? A jews are tight with money joke?
Yes. A bit of light humour. Have you some point to make?

Yes. It was a joke in poor taste that reinforces old antisemitic tropes.

That sort of thing is ok around here though.

Shi#te, thats me in trouble then. Told a similar joke at work last week but it was a scottish person instead.
         Come to think of it, someone else was slagging off Cavan(sorry anyone from Cavan on here) people for being tight during another discussion. I shall be reporting him first thing tomorrow.
Has there been a genocide perpetrated against Scottish people or Cavan people, in which the portrayal of them as "money grabbers" was used to mobilise the widespread, systemic hatred and prejudice against them which enables genocide to happen?

The Halocaust was carried out by the Nazis but the Jews try to make everybody feel guilty for it. Anyone criticizing the Jews is accused of antisemitism to the point that they can carry out atrocities of their own with impunity.

As far as the money grabber title is concerned, it is well deserved

I've played Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2. Is this a new one in the series?

sid waddell

I'm not familiar with Seth MacFarlane, but I would assume he is Jewish given his first name.

Sacha Baron Cohen can tell all the jokes about Jews that he likes, because he is one.

The thing is, his humour is designed to not only to laugh at his own historically oppressed ethnic group, which is he is entitled to do by virtue of being a member of that group, but to ridicule anti-semitism and anti-semites. And you clearly don't even get that.

Amy Schumer and Sarah Silverman can tell jokes about Jews and rape jokes, because they are both Jewish and women, and thus can use dark, confrontational humour to challenge and ridicule anti-semitism and misogynism.

A Muslim comedian gets to make jokes about Muslims. A disabled comedian gets to tell jokes about disabled people.

It's very clear you fail to understand the difference betwen that type of humour, and, say, Bernard Manning. Or Kevin Myers. Or Ron Atkinson.

Or this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoLPLsQbdt0

sid waddell

Quote from: Rois on May 13, 2018, 10:55:02 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 13, 2018, 10:47:10 PM

As someone who earlier on this thread alluded to the ass-shaking of the females in the Cyprus act, i'd be careful when you try to link threads. What about treating women as second class citizens? Ok to objectify them when singing on the stage? Nothing to do with singing, lyrics etc.
Go on. Quote my post, there. Explain exactly what you found objectionable.

trileacman

Quote from: sid waddell on May 13, 2018, 11:06:39 PM

I'm not familiar with Seth MacFarlane, but I would assume he is Jewish given his first name.

Sacha Baron Cohen can tell all the jokes about Jews that he likes, because he is one.

The thing is, his humour is designed to not only to laugh at his own historically oppressed ethnic group, which is he is entitled to do by virtue of being a member of that group, but to ridicule anti-semitism and anti-semites. And you clearly don't even get that.

Amy Schumer and Sarah Silverman can tell jokes about Jews and rape jokes, because they are both Jewish and women, and thus can use dark, confrontational humour to challenge and ridicule anti-semitism and misogynism.

A Muslim comedian gets to make jokes about Muslims. A disabled comedian gets to tell jokes about disabled people.

It's very clear you fail to understand the difference betwen that type of humour, and, say, Bernard Manning. Or Kevin Myers. Or Ron Atkinson.

Or this.

Is Frankie Boyle on the racist list? What about Tommy Tiernan?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Taylor

Quote from: trileacman on May 14, 2018, 12:59:18 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 13, 2018, 11:06:39 PM

Or this.

Is Frankie Boyle on the racist list? What about Tommy Tiernan?

Yes and yes.
Anyone who says anything funny or witty about a person/country/race is on the list.

Jokes should all be like..........'Did you hear the joke about the bin........its rubbish' or maybe that is being offensive to bins?

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Taylor

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 14, 2018, 09:11:53 AM
What about the Muslims?

Yeah - f**k them.
Stick them on the list as well

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ONeill on May 13, 2018, 10:33:04 PM
Snowdrops and daffodils
Butterflies and bees
Sailboats and fishermen
Things of the sea
Wishing-wells
Wedding bells
Early morning dew
Seagulls and aeroplanes
Things of the sky
Winds that go howlin'
Breezes that sigh
City sights
Neon lights
Grey skies or blue
Summertime
Wintertime
Spring and autumn too
Monday
Tuesday every day
I think of you.
Dances
Romances
Things of the night
Sunshine and holidays
Postcards to write
Budding trees
Autumn leaves
A snowflake or two
Summertime
Wintertime
Spring and autumn too
Seasons will never change
The way that I love you.
Dances
Romances
Things of the night
Sunshine and holidays
Postcards to write
Budding trees
Autumn leaves
A snowflake or two

Dana be trying to change the subject to Eurovision stuff ..... lads here are trying  to speed it up with their chat. Unfortunately we lost it this year but sure what's another year eh? Some of the kids on here should be more rock and roll and not take life too seriously.