football manager 2009

Started by charlie stubbs, November 06, 2008, 10:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

game out next friday lads was wondering if any one going to invest in it??wasnt overally impressed with the last edition thought it was very difficult.  downloaded the demo lastnight and was quite impressed until the computer crashed.  intreraction with assistant manager during the game telling you where you or players going wrong so can try and change the tactics and press conferences where 2 of the features that impressed me.  however was liverpool and only allowed 3.8 million to spend >:(  man city had spent 72.5 million and this was before the deadline day!!Will still do well to topple some of the great championship managers though

thebandit

Cherno Samba rules the world  ;)

AFS

Get it every year, so I reckon I'll find some room in the budget for it next week too

bigfrank

Get it every year myself!! 2moro cant come quick enough!! Next week we can all help each others with players and ideas sure ok lol:) I always take aston villa so will need the help

DownFanatic

Ill be buying my 13th installment of this great series tomorrow. I still maintain the 97/98 game was the best. Anybody any idea how much the game is retailing?

SidelineKick

Did anyone ever get a crack at that hurling management game?? Any use?
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

ildanach

Quote from: SidelineKick on November 13, 2008, 01:25:20 PM
Did anyone ever get a crack at that hurling management game?? Any use?
i have it but when u compare it to football manager it is a poor relation a bit like the football game on ps2 shit compared to fifa or pro evo
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

the colonel

its retailing at 29.99, i  think , played the demo myself. lot of good options available on free's, loans and transfers straight away. not overly different from last game
the difference between success and failure is energy

Our Nail Loney

Use this price comparison site for games, could save you a bit, used to get all mine off amazon, not anymore!!

http://www.best-game-price.co.uk/Product-300703/B001FA0DLK-Football+Manager+2009.html

lurganblue

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on November 13, 2008, 02:21:15 PM
Use this price comparison site for games, could save you a bit, used to get all mine off amazon, not anymore!!

http://www.best-game-price.co.uk/Product-300703/B001FA0DLK-Football+Manager+2009.html

looks like a good site ONL. cheers

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: lurganblue on November 13, 2008, 02:32:35 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on November 13, 2008, 02:21:15 PM

looks like a good site ONL. cheers

Its good for dvds and everything as well

Saved metwenty quid the other day I was gonna give my da the money to get me a game, was 45quid in hmv, looked on that saw it there for 25...

You do that maths! iii

bigfrank

Football Manager is goin to kill some cold winter nights over the next 3 months lol:) Addictive as hell tho!!

Our Nail Loney

I dunno what I am going to do, just got my playstation last night but I also want to get Football Manaer when it comes out tomoro...

Dilemmas...

corn02

How about you move away and do us all a favour Sony slut.

Our Nail Loney

Football Manager is SEGA brains...