Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Over 70 applications to the Parades Commission in last 48hrs for band parades on the Twefth. Thanks Michelle. More brains in a false face.

yellowcard

Quote from: JohnDenver on July 02, 2020, 11:04:03 AM
You'd have to wonder if Nolan was around (and even twitter or social media) at the time of the Good Friday Agreement, would the people have voted it through?

He does nothing but stir up tensions and keep the sectarian flames burning.

That's a very good question. The whole premise of his show is built around the sectarian arguments that he helps to inflame. Yes there are societal issues that are worthy of public scrutiny but this row over social distancing has almost now turned into another us v them argument in a search for the moral high ground because of broadcasters like Nolan exacerbating an issue for their own careers.

The social distancing row around SF was certainly newsworthy enough  to be a story but it is his blatant sensationalising and attempt at headline grabbing which helps to blow a bad judgement call into a full blown crisis and help stir up tensions.       

Jeepers Creepers

Get on twitter for 'Whataboutery fest'.

illdecide

Quote from: trailer on July 02, 2020, 12:44:36 PM
Over 70 applications to the Parades Commission in last 48hrs for band parades on the Twefth. Thanks Michelle. More brains in a false face.

Ohh its MON's fault...When the restrictions were lifted last week there was always gonna be application to march irrespective if MON had been buried herself. Don't kid yourself
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

Everybody thinks their actions are justifiable, Cummings, Shinners, BLM,  Liverpool supporters, beach goers, even the Garda's funeral. All have screwed the pooch. The system only works when there's no exceptions, public compliance is on very thin ice imo.

Applesisapples

Quote from: illdecide on July 02, 2020, 01:19:44 PM

Ohh its MON's fault...When the restrictions were lifted last week there was always gonna be application to march irrespective if MON had been buried herself. Don't kid yourself
If they want to march, let them at it, in their own areas of course. I was never a fan of O'Neill becoming DFM/6 Co Leader in the first place, but she had redeemed herself in my book with the handling of Covid, until the Storey funeral. Whilst it may be no harm was done and they were socially distant it was against the f**king rules. I didn't hug my kids for 3 months, I couldn't call to see them for a cup of tea even...for what?

JohnDenver

I can't help but think that with pubs (restaurants) opening tomorrow, the social distancing will be all but out the window after a few pints.

Same with sport and training having been opened up in the last week.

People mixing has been increasing steadily and it's not at all far off normal levels currently.

Dunsilly King

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 02, 2020, 01:31:23 PM

If they want to march, let them at it, in their own areas of course. I was never a fan of O'Neill becoming DFM/6 Co Leader in the first place, but she had redeemed herself in my book with the handling of Covid, until the Storey funeral. Whilst it may be no harm was done and they were socially distant it was against the f**king rules. I didn't hug my kids for 3 months, I couldn't call to see them for a cup of tea even...for what?

apples if you can't figure out why you couldn't hug your kids 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks or 10 weeks ago in comparison to this week, your are as thick as champ.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Dunsilly King on July 02, 2020, 01:56:39 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on July 02, 2020, 01:31:23 PM

apples if you can't figure out why you couldn't hug your kids 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks or 10 weeks ago in comparison to this week, your are as thick as champ.

You're, it is you're not your.

If you are going to point out anyone being thick as champ at least try and not appear that way yourself.

Dunsilly King

Its well known you Down boyo's are arrogant twats  ;)

Angelo

Quote from: JohnDenver on July 02, 2020, 01:52:00 PM
I can't help but think that with pubs (restaurants) opening tomorrow, the social distancing will be all but out the window after a few pints.

Same with sport and training having been opened up in the last week.

People mixing has been increasing steadily and it's not at all far off normal levels currently.

People meeting is fine. I think we've got to a stage now where we all acknowledge social distancing - no handshakes, hugs etc that normally might have had before.

The biggest worry for me is airports. The levels are quite low in the community now but if people are going to airports mixing with thousands of people, getting on a plane where you're with a few hundred people for a number of hours in a confined space and then hopping on a shuttle bus after that. That's the real danger.

Government should be banning international travel and taking the decision out of people's hands because some couldn't give a toss about the risk and extra exposure and the millions of people extra interactions will take place between as a result. Some people are going to act selfishly so those in charge need to remove the discretionary choice about it.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trailer

Think you're missing the point. There would've been surely but a lot could've been turned down on SD grounds. Now that argument is fucked.
Anyway I actually don't really care. If there is Covid circulating we'll see evidence of it in Belfast after this past few days. If not, I reckon it's full pelt ahead. I myself will be asking employees will be asked to come back to the office full time. Other businesses will do the same. It's a green light for everything back to normal, which I have been calling for.

JohnDenver

Quote from: trailer on July 02, 2020, 03:36:20 PM

Think you're missing the point. There would've been surely but a lot could've been turned down on SD grounds. Now that argument is fucked.
Anyway I actually don't really care. If there is Covid circulating we'll see evidence of it in Belfast after this past few days. If not, I reckon it's full pelt ahead. I myself will be asking employees will be asked to come back to the office full time. Other businesses will do the same. It's a green light for everything back to normal, which I have been calling for.

So you're complaining about MON not social distancing against a disease that you are highly sceptical of, claiming that it is giving the green light for normality to resume - which you have been campaigning for - and you're still yapping?   8)

trailer

Quote from: JohnDenver on July 02, 2020, 03:41:47 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 02, 2020, 03:36:20 PM

So you're complaining about MON not social distancing against a disease that you are highly sceptical of, claiming that it is giving the green light for normality to resume - which you have been campaigning for - and you're still yapping?   8)

She was responsible for drafting these draconian measures which she then went out and broke!
Fact is 500 people dead. Over 50% in care homes. Vast majority 70+ with underlying health problems. This isn't a reason to shut down the entire economy.

Eire90

Tommrow night will be probably be  sh1t show ill not be participating in any of it