Leinster Championship 2020

Started by thejuice, November 01, 2020, 09:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: phpearse on November 27, 2020, 07:56:24 PM
You wonder do any of the Dublin players, even for just a moment, think that something just isn't right here. Do they think that the scales are heavily balanced in their favour and that doesn't quite sit right with them. Or inside that bubble of a county panel do they think that we just work harder than the rest, that we have better volunteers that other counties and that everyone else should work as hard as they do. You would have to think that at some point they wonder that beating other teams in Leinster by 10-20 points is fun or enjoyable or just sport. Maybe they are happy, great for Dublin GAA, feck the begrudgers. You would have to think as GAA men some part of them is not too happy with the current state of play.

What next  ::)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Milltown Row2

You wonder do any of the Dublin players, even for just a moment, think that something just isn't right here. Do they think that the scales are heavily balanced in their favour and that doesn't quite sit right with them. Or inside that bubble of a county panel do they think that we just work harder than the rest, that we have better volunteers that other counties and that everyone else should work as hard as they do. You would have to think that at some point they wonder that beating other teams in Leinster by 10-20 points is fun or enjoyable or just sport. Maybe they are happy, great for Dublin GAA, feck the begrudgers. You would have to think as GAA men some part of them is not too happy with the current state of play.

I'm not sure what it's like for county supporters like the dubs, but at club level winning every year for so long we just wanted it to continue. I don't think there was any guilt felt by the players during that period.

Only a fool would want it to end
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on November 27, 2020, 09:42:07 PM

What next  ::)

I'll hazard a guess - another Leinster and All Ireland triumph for Dublin.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on November 27, 2020, 03:38:20 PM
Quote from: thejuice on November 16, 2020, 12:43:38 AM
I'm so sick of hearing about Dublin's advantages and unfairness etc. As long as we go up Croker with gods honest intentions to kick seven shades out of them I'll be happy. Well turn them over sooner or later. If it takes longer so be it. We just have to keep making ourselves better and doing things right. And when the day comes and we beat them and hopefully go on to lift Sam it'll be some of the sweetest days of my life, adding that to memories of 87, 88, 91, 96 and 99.
So Juice. What do you think now ?

;D

Dinny Breen

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 27, 2020, 11:11:55 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 27, 2020, 03:38:20 PM
Quote from: thejuice on November 16, 2020, 12:43:38 AM
I'm so sick of hearing about Dublin's advantages and unfairness etc. As long as we go up Croker with gods honest intentions to kick seven shades out of them I'll be happy. Well turn them over sooner or later. If it takes longer so be it. We just have to keep making ourselves better and doing things right. And when the day comes and we beat them and hopefully go on to lift Sam it'll be some of the sweetest days of my life, adding that to memories of 87, 88, 91, 96 and 99.
So Juice. What do you think now ?

;D

;D
#newbridgeornowhere

larryin89

At this point it's up to Kerry, galway, donegal Tyrone,  mayo and any other county with good footballers to come up with a squad good enough to eventually beat Dublin, I firmly believe James horan has a plan 2 to 3 year one mostly focusing on speed and athleticism but again I still feel all should be done to reduce dublins advantages and for the millionth time take the spoilt brats out of croke park , it's a start .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

dublin7

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2020, 10:02:25 PM

I'm not sure what it's like for county supporters like the dubs, but at club level winning every year for so long we just wanted it to continue. I don't think there was any guilt felt by the players during that period.

As a Dublin fan I think it's great to able to watch the likes of Fenton, Kilkenny, Cluxton in a Dublin jersey. Jack McCaffrey isn't there this year, but there's a buzz in the crowd when he gets the ball and you're just waiting for something to happen. That's why people watch sport.

Not only are they winning, but they play entertaining football. I don't know how people watched their county teams every game play dull negative defensive football that the rest of us had to sit through as the live game on the TV every sunday for years. At least watching on TV you could change the channel. Thankfully the majority of teams have moved away from this negative approach now

Dublin's domination is not going to last forever despite the hysterics and nonsense claimed here so just enjoying it while it lasts. Cluxton, McCarthy, Philly won't be around much longer so enjoying while we can.

J70

Quote from: dublin7 on November 28, 2020, 05:31:14 PM

As a Dublin fan I think it's great to able to watch the likes of Fenton, Kilkenny, Cluxton in a Dublin jersey. Jack McCaffrey isn't there this year, but there's a buzz in the crowd when he gets the ball and you're just waiting for something to happen. That's why people watch sport.

Not only are they winning, but they play entertaining football. I don't know how people watched their county teams every game play dull negative defensive football that the rest of us had to sit through as the live game on the TV every sunday for years. At least watching on TV you could change the channel. Thankfully the majority of teams have moved away from this negative approach now

Dublin's domination is not going to last forever despite the hysterics and nonsense claimed here so just enjoying it while it lasts. Cluxton, McCarthy, Philly won't be around much longer so enjoying while we can.

Right, because there WON'T be top class replacements coming through to succeed them. ::)

From the Bunker

Paul Flynn, Diarmuid Connolly, Paddy Andrews, Bernard Brogan, Eoghan O'Gara, Alan Brogan

Five years ago we were told these lads were a one in a generation and would not be replaced easily. And I'm only talking about forwards.

dublin7

Dublin will always be challenging for honours like Tipp/Kilkenny in the hurling. Doesn't mean they'll continue to win everything until the end of time.

It's disappointing that people expect Dublin to apologise for being brilliant and that is somehow a crime.

For those worried are dubs fans not enjoying this excellence of football execution I've got Christmas decorations with the 5 in a row on them going up for next week and dubs Christmas jumper is coming out to be worn to work. Dublin jerseys, jackets, face masks are a regular sight around Dublin so of we're playing a part in Dublin's dominance by pumping money into Dublin GAA coffers that's an added bonus

tonto1888

Quote from: J70 on November 28, 2020, 05:40:54 PM

Right, because there WON'T be top class replacements coming through to succeed them. ::)

I don't see the replacements being as good as the ones mentioned in the post there. Especially in the case of cluxton and McCarthy

armaghniac

We don't expect Dublin to apologise for being brilliant, we expect them to apologise for achieving that brilliance by drawing from the province sized population.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

dublin7

Quote from: armaghniac on November 29, 2020, 01:09:35 PM
We don't expect Dublin to apologise for being brilliant, we expect them to apologise for achieving that brilliance by drawing from the province sized population.

Fair enough. Will you apologise to Fermanagh for building a team from a playing population bigger than they have.

Should Cork apologise to Tipp, Limerick etc for having a bigger playing population to pick from for their teams?

Rossfan

No apologies needed.
The other 31 County Boards and GAA HQ need to take action to make things more equal.
As it is it's like having Liverpool or the likes in the Irish soccer Leagues.
Ye'll notice there are 5 or 6 senior soccer clubs in Dublin.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM