International Rules

Started by Jim Vaughan, October 13, 2014, 10:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on October 29, 2014, 10:21:20 PM
. I don't care that much but even if I did I'd pretend not to.

You could lose your street cred with the GAAboarders if you aren't totally against the Intl Rules "Shite"(copyright Jinxy - apologies for plagiarism) ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on October 29, 2014, 10:53:13 AM
Quote from: Chimley on October 29, 2014, 10:35:00 AM
Quote from: ONeill on October 28, 2014, 01:14:05 PM
I think we'll get a horrible tanking this year. Can't believe they've sent out 4 Mayo men.

Don't forget Pearse Hanley makes 5!

No he doesnt. He's not a Mayo man  ;)
Ah, the sheepmen are up in arms...and the clockks have only gone back!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

If he is a Rossie, he's a smart one.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on October 30, 2014, 12:04:35 PM

If he is a Rossie, he's a smart one.

Sean Kilbride wore that jersey for longer than Pearce ever will and it didn't change a damn thing :-*

twohands!!!

Quote from: Syferus on October 29, 2014, 10:30:28 PMWe may well lose, but it certainly isn't a weak panel.

Well Paddypower have Oz as 4/9 favourites to win so I think you are among the minority with this opinion.

Syferus

Quote from: twohands!!! on October 30, 2014, 09:42:53 PM
Quote from: Syferus on October 29, 2014, 10:30:28 PMWe may well lose, but it certainly isn't a weak panel.

Well Paddypower have Oz as 4/9 favourites to win so I think you are among the minority with this opinion.

Eh? That has everything to do with Australia being at home as well as naming a team that actually contains some of their best professional athletes. We could name your idea of a strong team and the odds would be much the same.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Syferus on October 30, 2014, 09:50:29 PM

Eh? That has everything to do with Australia being at home as well as naming a team that actually contains some of their best professional athletes. We could name your idea of a strong team and the odds would be much the same.

Should have explained better - the Ozzie odds were about evens prior to the Irish squad being named, even though the Oz squad was named a bit back.

So basically since the Irish squad was named, the Ozzie odds have halfed, which indicates that a lot of people were quicker off the maker than I was at getting money on the Ozzies.

Rossfan

Any team Syfín  supports or bandwagon hops is the greatest of all time and are always going to win ;)
I see on stolensheep he has us winning at least 3 Connacht Titles next year 8)

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: Rossfan on October 31, 2014, 10:54:21 AM

Any team Syfín  supports or bandwagon hops is the greatest of all time and are always going to win ;)

Of course ye will ye have the greatest player to ever kick a ball in Cregger, as for his shameful drooling over Brigids is despicable,  he is from the total opposite end of the county and supports the furthest club away from him because they are the strongeet club and no word ever about his own club, he just totally sums up the sunshine,  bandwagoner idiot that every county has unfortunately

heffo

Quote from: Rossfan on October 31, 2014, 10:54:21 AM

What's his beef with the Roscommon Junior Footballers?

Rossfan

We haven't entered a Junior team for the last few years ;)

twohands!!!

Quote from: Rossfan on November 01, 2014, 09:55:26 PM

This puts me in mind of a stat I saw somewhere that something close to a 1/3 of the Kerry squad this year had played junior football for Kerry before graduating to the senior team.

I think any county this is serious about competing at the top level of football is missing a trick by not having a junior team as from that stat it's looks to be a very good tool for developing players

Anyone know why Ulster counties don't have a junior competition? And why Dublin don't enter the junior competition?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: twohands!!! on November 02, 2014, 08:19:16 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 01, 2014, 09:55:26 PM

This puts me in mind of a stat I saw somewhere that something close to a 1/3 of the Kerry squad this year had played junior football for Kerry before graduating to the senior team.

I think any county this is serious about competing at the top level of football is missing a trick by not having a junior team as from that stat it's looks to be a very good tool for developing players

Anyone know why Ulster counties don't have a junior competition? And why Dublin don't enter the junior competition?

An ulster team are the all ireland champions!

A lot of what you are talking about is discussed here

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=24933.0