Should Tyrone speak to RTE

Started by CD, August 20, 2018, 11:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: hardstation on August 20, 2018, 12:17:07 PM
I imagine the players don't really feel strongly enough about talking to RTE to go against their manager. I mean, why would anyone be busting their hole to do an interview with RTE?

Especially since there are superior broadcasters out there covering matches anyway.

BennyHarp

Quote from: seafoid on August 20, 2018, 12:21:27 PM
If Tyrone get their arses handed to them on a disposable plate the omerta won't look very smart

Eh? Why?
That was never a square ball!!

Franko

If Tyrone get their arses handed to them on a disposable plate the omerta won't look very smart

This makes no sense whatsoever.

BennyHarp

Quote from: CD on August 20, 2018, 12:25:33 PM
My understanding is that the players and background team make their own choices about their contact with RTE?
In terms of issuing an apology, RTÉ did the classic media trick of apologising 'if offence was caused' thereby insinuating that they didn't see it as offensive and backing the DJ who wasn't reprimanded in any way. The subsequent 'Tyrone bashing' has just gone to stiffen resolve.

In Lennyism speak - that's "acting with dignity" in response to an offensive segment in a national radio show relating to a man whose daughter was murdered on her honeymoon. It beggars belief really that people would feel Mickey is being unreasonable and is the bad guy here. I wonder if people would be so dignified if it was their family who had to deal with these horrific events?
That was never a square ball!!

RedHand88

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 20, 2018, 12:44:11 PM
Quote from: CD on August 20, 2018, 12:25:33 PM
My understanding is that the players and background team make their own choices about their contact with RTE?
In terms of issuing an apology, RTÉ did the classic media trick of apologising 'if offence was caused' thereby insinuating that they didn't see it as offensive and backing the DJ who wasn't reprimanded in any way. The subsequent 'Tyrone bashing' has just gone to stiffen resolve.

In Lennyism speak - that's "acting with dignity" in response to an offensive segment in a national radio show relating to a man whose daughter was murdered on her honeymoon. It beggars belief really that people would feel Mickey is being unreasonable and is the bad guy here. I wonder if people would be so dignified if it was their family who had to deal with these horrific events?

Of course they wouldn't. But it's any excuse to get one over on Tyrone. The anti-tyroneies really are on a race to the bottom.

Tony Baloney

Does anyone care. Mickey's short-lived Irish News column showed he has absolutely nothing of note to say.

tintin25

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 20, 2018, 12:58:46 PM
Does anyone care. Mickey's short-lived Irish News column showed he has absolutely nothing of note to say.

That column was shockingly bad

Baile an tuaigh

Never liked RTE for their politics anyway, I would equate them to the BBC in a skirt. Im with Mickey 100%.

southtyronegael

i think RTE and mickey harte are very similar. nobody wants to listen or look at them but we have no choice and they have no relevance to anyone anymore.

RedHand88

I don't think anyone anywhere will be saying "ah sure if only they'd have talked to RTE in the build-up then maybe we'd have won"

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 20, 2018, 01:07:05 PM
i think RTE and mickey harte are very similar. nobody wants to listen or look at them but we have no choice and they have no relevance to anyone anymore.

You get a ticket yet STG?

southtyronegael

yeah have one ordered with the club. have a couple of mates in dublin looking tickets so might give it to them if i dont go myself.

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 20, 2018, 01:11:59 PM
yeah have one ordered with the club. have a couple of mates in dublin looking tickets so might give it to them if i dont go myself.

Sending a ticket outside the club! Boys a dear.  ::)

Rossfan

How many tickets are each club in the participating Counties  getting?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedHand88

Quote from: Rossfan on August 20, 2018, 01:18:47 PM
How many tickets are each club in the participating Counties  getting?

I don't think they've said, and I don't think you'd hear the right amount. Clubs up here just telling people to brace themselves for bad news, that they haven't enough to cover requests.