'Physicality'

Started by Jinxy, March 24, 2013, 04:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Hardy on March 25, 2013, 02:18:54 PM
Exactly. Do people really think that photo is all the evidence you need to decide what's going on in that incident? Have you never ended up with someone's finger in your eye or your ear or mouth in a tussle? How would you react to a charge that you were biting him? Likewise, has your hand never ended up where you didn't intend it to be? (Jokes taken as read.)

The picture seems to show Kissane going in high with the arm/elbow, but there is no evidence in this still as to which direction everybody is moving in. Kissane could just as easily be protecting his face against Galvin lunging or falling into him.

The camera is an awful liar. That's why still pictures are not accepted as evidence of anything but identity and location.

Yeah it looks to me like Galvin tried to break through two tacklers.
Hands are going to be everywhere in this case and it doesn't mean there was any intent to harm.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

rrhf

The one common factor in all of these incidents seems to be Kerry. 

Throw ball

Quote from: Jinxy on March 24, 2013, 04:45:04 PM
This is the 'tactical fouling' video the FRC used at Congress.
Would anyone seriously suggest that cracking down on this stuff somehow makes the game less manly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBhikkHoNcg&sns=tw

As an Armagh man I find the Donaghy tackle the most interesting. The GAA have been very cynical here. First they promise a player that he can represent his country against those awful Aussies. To help him in this regard they teach him how to make a legal tackle in the game. He gets a few minutes on the pitch to proudly represent his country then they cast him aside. A couple of years later he misjudges a ball in the floodlights. His man bears down on goal. Instinctively he tackles him as taught by the greats so that he can represent his country. A couple of months later the administrators use this tackle, taught to him by the GAA, to change the game forever. Who says they never think of the long game. :o

macdanger2

Quote from: Jinxy on March 24, 2013, 04:45:04 PM
This is the 'tactical fouling' video the FRC used at Congress.
Would anyone seriously suggest that cracking down on this stuff somehow makes the game less manly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBhikkHoNcg&sns=tw

The rugby-style tackles are the worst IMO, not even making the slightest attempt the play the ball.

rrhf

Tyrone are sinned against in that video.  I disagree with Paddy Heaney today in that I think the new rules will make a cod of the game.  By the way how can they say these rules will change the game for the better without testing them in the mc kenna cup first.  There is absolutely no grounding for those statements.  I also think that Tyrone will benefit more than any other county in Ireland with the new rules because the emphasis they place on fine flowing football.