Belfast hotspots

Started by youbetterbelieveit, September 10, 2008, 09:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youbetterbelieveit

Lads/Lassies

I have a mate of mine, who is heading out in Belfast in a few weeks time, and was looking for suggestions on where best to head in belfast for a night out, in particular areas with a late 20's/to mid 30's crowd.

thanks in advance

screenexile

What night is he heading? If you're looking for a crowd at that age you would be better staying around the Cathedral quarter I would say. Duke of York and White's are good for Pints before the nightclub or else more upmarket places like the Cloth Ear or the Spaniard can have a good crowd most weekends. For nightclub activity I would suggest Ollie's although Vaudeville and the Potthouse can be good at times if a bit pretentious.

If your mate fancies staying out of the town there are also good bars on the Lisburn road like Tatu, the Chelsea or you could even suggest the Bot or the Errigle on Ormeau road. Fairly slim pickings for nightclubs of any note in that area!

Rois

Being in my late twenties  :'( I'd second Screenexile's sentiments on the Cathedral Quarter - Duke of York's a particular favourite, ending up in Ollie's. 
I was in Vaudeville last Fri night and it was a bit of a rough looking crowd dressed up not to look rough.  Won't be in a rush back. 
Cloth Ear is grand on a Friday night but seriously full of wrinklies on a Saturday night.

Gotta be in Ollie's before 12 (have made that mistake quite recently).

Bar Red at the back of City Hall is always full of visitors but it's nice, especially for something to eat before going out. 

nifan

Heard a bar "roost" (i think its called) is pretty good

pretty old, but newly popular i believe

lfdown2

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 10, 2008, 09:38:49 AM
Not much of a clubber myself but I've heard that MYNT is supposed to be a great spot.

Hidden subliminal message acknowledging that this post was a joke!

aye deadly spot i hear, if i were you id definately check it out!

An Fear Rua

shouldnt that be hat spats ?
Its Grim up North

ONeill

Too many WUMs here. I brought my laptop today to all those places screenexile mentioned and coouldn't get a signal in any of them. Got thrown out of Whites and called a perv in the Cloth Ear.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Any new bars in Belfast or where is good for a group to head out in the city centre right now? A Friday night.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on March 25, 2009, 10:38:37 PM
Ronnie Drews.

Leopold St and Heather St Social Club.
Is it still Ronnie Drew's?

Owenbeg

Aye lot of the same bars as the lad's. There is a ile down round the catherdral, best of them would be white's tavern or McHugh's. not too fond of ollies or the pothouse cause there are too many pounces running round, both men and women. The bot is hit/miss not for late 20's. Roost is a new wee haunt of our's, its beside victoria square, good wee bar. Nite club wise, very little- there is thompons if ur into the dance music or if ur plastered and want to keep the nite goin, yellow the same, but ull get ur eyes opened in that place!!!!!!

Puckoon

Is milk still on the go?

ONeill

Quote from: Owenbeg on March 25, 2009, 10:50:52 PM
Aye lot of the same bars as the lad's. There is a ile down round the catherdral, best of them would be white's tavern or McHugh's. not too fond of ollies or the pothouse cause there are too many pounces running round, both men and women. The bot is the hit/miss. Roost is a new wee haunt, its beside victoria square, good wee bar. Nite club wise, very little- there is thompons if ur into the dance music or if ur plastered and want to keep the nite goin, yellow the same, but ull get ur eyes opened in that place!!!!!!

What's Roost like?

Owenbeg

Roost is dead on, good enough wee crowd, mostly 'young professional's' i think, similar crowd to mchugh's. Just music in the background, no real dance floor or anything like that. seems to be getting more popular

thought i heard that milk was closed down a few weeks ago.

Orior

If its a Monday night then the only place in town is Fibber Magees at the back of Robinsons. Smells of piss though.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Owenbeg on March 25, 2009, 10:57:13 PM
Roost is dead on, good enough wee crowd, mostly 'young professional's' i think, similar crowd to mchugh's. Just music in the background, no real dance floor or anything like that. seems to be getting more popular

thought i heard that milk was closed down a few weeks ago.
Is Roost new or is it a rebrand? Anywhere with "young professionals" is to be avoided in my book!