The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 31, 2018, 09:23:24 PM
Will Jackson get a big pay off from Ulster to cancel his contract? Surely they cant simply sack him or they would have to pay him even more?
I heard Shane Horgan saying that all the players have morality clauses but in what proven way has he broken it? He replied to a private message about a spit roast saying there was a lot of spit but it was a private message so that's hardly grounds to cancel it.

Hound

Quote from: Syferus on March 31, 2018, 07:47:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 31, 2018, 07:44:48 PM
Still not guilty... for all the crap in the eyes of the law she lied and believer crowd are still giving it large!

You have absolutely no conception of what the verdict means if you actually think this.
So Syf, are you saying that her initially saying that Olding raped her vaginally was not a lie? Even though she changed her story about Olding by the time the trial came around?

I don't expect a straight answer by the way. I have a feeling the wires in your brain work differently to most people.

nrico2006

Quote from: Asal Mor on March 31, 2018, 09:36:30 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 31, 2018, 09:23:24 PM
Will Jackson get a big pay off from Ulster to cancel his contract? Surely they cant simply sack him or they would have to pay him even more?
I heard Shane Horgan saying that all the players have morality clauses but in what proven way has he broken it? He replied to a private message about a spit roast saying there was a lot of spit but it was a private message so that's hardly grounds to cancel it.

My thoughts too. What happened did so in the privacy of his own home and the texts came out via court so it would be hard to see how he could be hooked on that.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 31, 2018, 09:34:27 PM
I never thought they would be found guilty. There was too much "reasonable doubt". That is very different from saying the girl is a liar. If she was found out to be telling lies - which she wasn't - she would be in trouble with the law.

So she didn't lie about Olding having sex with her?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

I think they'll both start next season at new clubs in England or France.

But I wouldnt rule out them returning to different provinces in the future. If the "fallout" with Ulster had happened over less controversial circumstance then Jackson to Munster could have been a great fit.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 31, 2018, 09:49:51 PM
I never thought they would be found guilty. There was too much "reasonable doubt". That is very different from saying the girl is a liar. If she was found out to be telling lies - which she wasn't - she would be in trouble with the law.

I dunno.

Likewise i dunno if jackson lied about not having sex with her.

longballin

Quote from: Hound on March 31, 2018, 09:53:21 PM
I think they'll both start next season at new clubs in England or France.

But I wouldnt rule out them returning to different provinces in the future. If the "fallout" with Ulster had happened over less controversial circumstance then Jackson to Munster could have been a great fit.

well Muster were happy enough to take a drug cheat...

sid waddell

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 31, 2018, 09:58:21 PM

I dunno.

If the woman was lying, she wouldn't have gone through an ordeal and would have had no trauma.

Some people here apparently think that rape trauma is not a real thing.

It is very much a real thing, and leads to confusion and fragmented memory.

Even more so after 30 hours without sleep, which she had been when she was examined at the Rowan centre.

A great deal of store has been placed on Dara Florence's evidence.

If you believe Dara Florence was telling the truth, you believe, by definition, that Paddy Jackson lied about having vaginal sex with the complainant.

That's a serious double bind.

RedHand88

Quote from: sid waddell on March 31, 2018, 10:23:50 PM

I dunno.

If the woman was lying, she wouldn't have gone through an ordeal and would have had no trauma.

Even more so after 30 hours without sleep, which she had been when she was examined at the Rowan centre.

If you believe Dara Florence was telling the truth, you believe, by definition, that Paddy Jackson lied about having vaginal sex with the complainant.

When she was examined by defence she admitted she couldn't see his thing or her thing, so would be unable to say with certainty they were having sex.

Milltown Row2

I dunno.

I asked one question about the IP and you said you dunno?

Then you answered with a separate question.. it's fair to say she lied about that retracted it (cause it never happened? ) so in my view she lied.. what PJ said was probably also a lie but there was no physical evidence to back up what DF said
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Avondhu star

There was a lot of lying from both  sides because no one could face the truth
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 31, 2018, 07:44:48 PM
Still not guilty... for all the crap in the eyes of the law she lied and believer crowd are still giving it large!

In the eyes of the law she lied you said.

That isn't true.

What i believe and you believe is irrelevant - you saying in the eyes of the law she lied is incorrect.

(P.s. I didn't know i had to answer with a yes or a no. I am unconvinced anyone in that bedroom accurately remembers what happened. )

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Avondhu star on March 31, 2018, 10:45:30 PM
There was a lot of lying from both  sides because no one could face the truth

Lying or completey pissed

sid waddell

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 31, 2018, 10:28:10 PM

I dunno.

When she was examined by defence she admitted she couldn't see his thing or her thing, so would be unable to say with certainty they were having sex.

Florence was the only person in the house who hadn't been drinking.

"100% I saw sex" is a very categorical assessment of what was happening.

Hound

Quote from: sid waddell on March 31, 2018, 10:49:22 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 31, 2018, 10:28:10 PM

I dunno.

Florence was the only person in the house who hadn't been drinking.

"100% I saw sex" is a very categorical assessment of what was happening.
yeah, she said she saw consensual sex, but didnt see any private parts of either PJ or complainant