Offaly
Sligo
Westmeath
Wexford

tonto1888

Quote from: naka on March 31, 2018, 11:34:49 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on March 31, 2018, 11:13:34 PM
Quote from: illdecide on March 31, 2018, 10:06:23 PM
Not having Orange tinted glasses on but Fermanagh seemed to get the free kicks a lot easier than Armagh, I will call a spade a spade i thought some of Armagh's tackling was wreckless/careless. Armagh are def light up front for natural scorers but it's great to see a few younger faces coming in and playing in HQ will certainly help them and give them a thirst for more...

How many of Fermanagh's scores were from play?

I know what you're saying but at the same time most of the frees Fermanagh got were frees. We need to tighten up for May. In fact had Quigjey brought his shooting boots out for the second half the result may have been different
Would say a few frees were dives
Armagh seemed to work harder for their frees
My fear is the amount of wides we seem to stack up every game

I'm rewatching he game now and there were def a few more dubious frees than I thought when at the game

Throw ball

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 31, 2018, 11:43:10 PM
Not having Orange tinted glasses on but Fermanagh seemed to get the free kicks a lot easier than Armagh, I will call a spade a spade i thought some of Armagh's tackling was wreckless/careless. Armagh are def light up front for natural scorers but it's great to see a few younger faces coming in and playing in HQ will certainly help them and give them a thirst for more...

I know what you're saying but at the same time most of the frees Fermanagh got were frees. We need to tighten up for May. In fact had Quigjey brought his shooting boots out for the second half the result may have been different

I'm rewatching he game now and there were def a few more dubious frees than I thought when at the game

Rewatched it myself. Armagh had 8 yellow cards and about 6 must have been for perceived high tackles. Not convinced about many of them. Also noted that Fermanagh made very few tackles compared to Armagh. Despite much of the criticism he wasn't the worst referee.

tonto1888

Quote from: Throw ball on April 01, 2018, 01:53:29 AM

Rewatched it myself. Armagh had 8 yellow cards and about 6 must have been for perceived high tackles. Not convinced about many of them. Also noted that Fermanagh made very few tackles compared to Armagh. Despite much of the criticism he wasn't the worst referee.

I wouldn't have him down as the worst ref for sure. Regarding the high tackles, anyone that was near the neck was yellowed and the ref signalled it. Even though they weren't too bad. Is there a directive that those tackles are an automatic yellow?

LCohen

Our tackling is brutal at times. Inaccurate and indisciplined. Ethan got marched back in scoring territory in the first half for complaining to the ref about the most obvious of fouls. Those fouls and that indiscipline are going to cost against better opposition or in games with more intensity. The game in Enniskillen will be a lot more intense.

When we didn't move the ball quickly Fermanagh got around us and picked off a lot of turnovers. That game plan will be easier again in a tighter pitch with championship intensity. We need to move the ball quickly more often. Be brave

Wildweasel74

How about you dont know how to tackle!!!

Owen Brannigan

Fermanagh No.5 won them more dubious frees in scrabble positions than anyone else on the field.

There was a lack of consistency in the decisions especially in the second half when he let more go for Fermanagh in defence compared to when Armagh were defending. 

Armagh didn't play the referee and lacked discipline when decisions went against them and this affected the referee's decision making.

imtommygunn

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 01, 2018, 08:09:34 AM
Quote from: Throw ball on April 01, 2018, 01:53:29 AM

I wouldn't have him down as the worst ref for sure. Regarding the high tackles, anyone that was near the neck was yellowed and the ref signalled it. Even though they weren't too bad. Is there a directive that those tackles are an automatic yellow?

High tackle is automatic yellow yeah.

illdecide

TBH i thought with 10 mins to go Armagh (5pts up) started to empty their bench to give some subs game time in Croke Pk and i think that let Fermanagh back into it...not a bad game and not a lot between the 2 teams with Armagh  just that we bit better
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

FermGael

Interesting enough game for what it was.
Will bear little resemblance to the game we will see on the 13th of May.
Fermanaghs vulnerability to a high ball came to the fore again and Armagh with Rafferty in there
will have noticed a very obvious weakness.
What Fermanagh can take out of it is that Armagh can't tackle and have poor discipline.
That is something we have to exploit.
The referee did give Fermnagh some soft frees but Armagh only have themselves to blame for that.
There approach to when a decision is given against them is very strange.
You would think that the referee was going to change his mind when they verbally contested the decision.
Strange ....
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

LCohen

We have big issues on tackling accuracy and on discipline. We don't play the ref well.

Fermanagh base their game plan on the officials not policing off the ball stuff. If Fermanagh got the c20 yellow cards their antics should trigger then they could never win a game.

I would expect Armagh to play this angle very hard in the run up to the championship game

Brick Tamlin

Fermanagh brutal to watch. They've hardly a forward of note. Bbot enough quality in attack to do teams damage.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: FermGael on April 01, 2018, 03:38:59 PM
You would think that the referee was going to change his mind when they verbally contested the decision.
Strange ....

This is a an absolute pet hate of mine, I have to say, as there was at least one free moved up from a possibility to a near certainty.

By the way - to describe the Armagh players' frustration at the ref as 'strange' is...well...strange. Have a look at many sports and you'll see evidence of the same. 

LCohen

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on April 01, 2018, 04:23:16 PM
Quote from: FermGael on April 01, 2018, 03:38:59 PM
Strange ....

This is a an absolute pet hate of mine, I have to say, as there was at least one free moved up from a possibility to a near certainty.

By the way - to describe the Armagh players' frustration at the ref as 'strange' is...well...strange. Have a look at many sports and you'll see evidence of the same.

Ok so not "strange". Try "stupid"

Throw ball

Interesting to see similar tackles to bookings yesterday not punished in the same way in the division 2 final today.

FermGael

I have never witnessed a referee change their mind after being challenged over a decision by a player.
All I have witnessed is a referee moving a free forward and then, as what happened yesterday, giving the
opposition team some soft frees.
I am not sure why players bother with it.

I would agree that Fermanagh commit abit more in the attacking side of the game.
They have a set of forwards who can do damage.
But then a reliable left footed free taker yesterday and we would probably have won so it might not be pretty
but it is effective.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered