Fermanagh
Longford
Offaly
Sligo
Westmeath
Wexford

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 26, 2018, 03:14:50 PM
Div 3 next year with Louth,Westmeath,Longford,Offaly,Carlow,Laois is like a mini Leinster championship
And we'll have four of them away  :'(

Throw ball

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 26, 2018, 09:23:42 AM

I will take the closing line as a shot at Armagh supporters SS!

In times past I'd have defended us with the 'every team has them' approach but I have been at 6 out of our 7 NFL games this year and I have to say I can see where the annoyance comes from. We have a large and loyal fan base for a division 3 team and each away game was well supported but there were several occasions in this campaign that I have been just plain embarrassed by the conduct of groups of our - usually older- supporters and have found myself shutting people up and apologising to opposition supporters.

At the minute we have an inordinately large portion of fans who don't go to club football or are even involved with clubs in any way. These are certainly a stay over from the 'glory days' when the bandwagon hooked on several trailers. These people are of course entitled to support Armagh and their money at the gate is as good as anyone's but they invariably are not very knowledgeable about the game and for whatever reason they seem to empower each other vocally. A not uncommon occurrence when a crew of these kick off abusing officials, opposition or Geezer I'll catch the eye of someone near who I don't quite know but played against or coached an u14 game on the sideline against and we'll both just shake our heads in mutual understanding that the fool's pardon card should be played.

The perfect example was yesterday - some lad from Carlow we'd never heard of was down to ref so before the game the crew I was with were lamenting the side effects of being in division 3 and gettting sent the also rans to officiate. As the game unfolded it became clear that the Carlow man was good and although we were getting a spanking everyone around me was commenting on his performance.

Fast forward through a nothing game where we started a batch of panelists before mounting a comeback that could have won the game but it would have been harsh on Wexford on the day. We're queuing to get down the steps out of the stand at the end and are treated to a group of 'supporters' waiting at the fence to abuse the ref and throw programs at him. Fcuk me I'd love to chase those clowns.

At times we all give referees a bit during a game but when the final whistle goes that should be it. As you say the actions of a few supporters is getting embarrassing. I remember apologising to Kildare supporters last year due to the language of a few supporters a few rows behind us in Croke Park last year. I would also add that the abuse some of our own players - particularly goalkeepers over the last few years - have received has been terrible.

Cmills abu

Anyone know if Rafferty is back for the final?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 26, 2018, 03:14:50 PM
Div 3 next year with Louth,Westmeath,Longford,Offaly,Carlow,Laois is like a mini Leinster championship

Meath might be there yet.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Dougal Maguire

I was at the Wexford match yesterday. Haven't been at a County match all year. I prefer Club football but the Wexford match was an opportunity to get a night away with the lads and have a bit of craic. I thought the referee had an excellent match. He let play flow, well as much as County football does actually flow nowadays, and none of the 5 of us would have any axe to grind with him.
Careful now

Syferus

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 26, 2018, 06:43:37 PM
I was at the Wexford match yesterday. Haven't been at a County match all year. I prefer Club football but the Wexford match was an opportunity to get a night away with the lads and have a bit of craic. I thought the referee had an excellent match. He let play flow, well as much as County football does actually flow nowadays, and none of the 5 of us would have any axe to grind with him.

I don't know what sort of club football you've been watching if you think it's any more free-flowing. The more limited the teams get the less adventurous it tends to be.

Throw ball

Quote from: Syferus on March 26, 2018, 07:24:14 PM

I don't know what sort of club football you've been watching if you think it's any more free-flowing. The more limited the teams get the less adventurous it tends to be.

Due to the dominance of Crossmaglen  Armagh club football has generally been more open as players might as well enjoy themselves if they had no chance of winning anything. Although not universal this did spread across other levels too. To be fair that is more a personal opinion than an absolute fact. Hopefully that doesn't change now that Cross have not made the last 2 county finals.

Orior

So what happened Armagh for the first 40 mins? I didnt get to see a match report. Is our second string that bad?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Syferus on March 26, 2018, 07:24:14 PM

Clin football round my way is a joy to watch
Careful now

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Orior on March 26, 2018, 11:12:05 PM

So what happened Armagh for the first 40 mins? I didnt get to see a match report. Is our second string that bad?
They were pretty poor to be honest. Sure why would they be any other way. Most of the second string haven't played any competitive football worth talking about, for years
Careful now

Croí na hÉireann

A very under strength Westmeath team took to the pitch last Sunday, apologies to Derry folk everywhere. We were bossed completely in the middle of the field and after an alright league campaign we are no closer to having a midfield partnership sorted. Discipline is now an issue as well, we've finished with 13 and 12 men respectively in our last two games. Early sendings off in the second half had big impacts in both games. The one positive we can take from the game though was Fagans kickouts, if we had him in goals for the Longford game I think we'd have won that game and would now be promoted. Staying in division 3 for another year mightn't be such a bad outcome. Teams who've gotten 2 successive promotions subsequently find the 3rd year tough going and usually get relegated, like Louth and Kildare this year.

Big rethink needed from management and lots to work on for championship. Where we go from here will be interesting to see.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

Having insiders in the Westmeath camp helped :)

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Unlaoised

Offaly are certs for relegation next year!!
LAOIS ABÚ

AZOffaly