Sligo
Westmeath
Wexford

stew

Quote from: markl121 on March 11, 2018, 09:24:56 AM
Quote from: Throw ball on March 11, 2018, 09:06:15 AM
Quote from: tippabu on March 11, 2018, 09:01:38 AM
Quote from: Throw ball on March 11, 2018, 08:57:45 AM
Interesting enough match last night. Armagh were short a lot of players with a very inexperienced bench. Then they lost McIlroy and Rafferty early on with Rafferty a particular miss. His injury looked particularly bad. Hopefully he can be fit for championship.
Given the missing players and the sprinkling of Slaughtneil players Derry had back I would not have given Armagh much hope of winning before the game. However Derry were terrible for the most part and will need to improve if they are not to get relegated again.
On another note I assume Derek O Mahoney was relegated to a division 3 match after his club semi final performance. He could be in Division 4 next day out ! His first half performance was particularly eccentric.

do refs get demoted for poor performances, its usually the case that the more criticism there is the bigger the games they end up getting. All ill say is he isnt someone i enjoy seeing being named to do any of my clubs games down here, can make crazy decisions and very fond of the black card

No black cards but plenty of yellow- some undoubtedly deserved. The problem I had was the amount of frees he gave for very innocent looking challenges. At times you were guessing what frees were for. To be fair I don't feel he favoured either side but players did get frustrated.

As a Derry fan among hundreds of Armagh fans I did get a good laugh at the abuse given to the ref "go back to Tipperary ya c**t" and "cheat cheat cheat" at this point yous were four points up.

Fair play to you, one of fourteen Derry supporters at the game, the ref was fair to both sides I thought, he was unbiased which is about all you can hope for, that said, Derry bring less fans to games than Kerry do prior to the AIF, and that is hard to do.

The attendance last night was poor altogether, I would have thought given it was a Saturday night game the place would have been near full, not even close.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

markl121

Ha see to me it seemed a big crowd. You should see the crowds we get at Celtic  Park (570 last time out)

tonto1888

Quote from: stew on March 11, 2018, 09:37:30 AM
Interesting enough match last night. Armagh were short a lot of players with a very inexperienced bench. Then they lost McIlroy and Rafferty early on with Rafferty a particular miss. His injury looked particularly bad. Hopefully he can be fit for championship.
Given the missing players and the sprinkling of Slaughtneil players Derry had back I would not have given Armagh much hope of winning before the game. However Derry were terrible for the most part and will need to improve if they are not to get relegated again.
On another note I assume Derek O Mahoney was relegated to a division 3 match after his club semi final performance. He could be in Division 4 next day out ! His first half performance was particularly eccentric.

do refs get demoted for poor performances, its usually the case that the more criticism there is the bigger the games they end up getting. All ill say is he isnt someone i enjoy seeing being named to do any of my clubs games down here, can make crazy decisions and very fond of the black card

No black cards but plenty of yellow- some undoubtedly deserved. The problem I had was the amount of frees he gave for very innocent looking challenges. At times you were guessing what frees were for. To be fair I don't feel he favoured either side but players did get frustrated.

As a Derry fan among hundreds of Armagh fans I did get a good laugh at the abuse given to the ref "go back to Tipperary ya c**t" and "cheat cheat cheat" at this point yous were four points up.

Fair play to you, one of fourteen Derry supporters at the game, the ref was fair to both sides I thought, he was unbiased which is about all you can hope for, that said, Derry bring less fans to games than Kerry do prior to the AIF, and that is hard to do.

The attendance last night was poor altogether, I would have thought given it was a Saturday night game the place would have been near full, not even close.

I would agree he was unbiased but he was poor. Some very baffling decisions. I cringed a bit at the chest chest chest chant but had a laugh at the go home to Tipperary shout

Smokin Joe

Unfortunately I had to leave the game at half time last night as my daughter was brought in to Craigavon hospital. 
At 22:30 I seen the young Derry player who was taken off during the first half sitting outside the x-Ray department in Craigavon.  It seemed that he had his mother and father with him.

Was just thinking that with the amount of money spent on preparing county teams if county players couldn't expect their Counties to look after them better than having to go through the local A&E system?  Lord knows what time they got away at last night and they they had to drive from Craigavon to somewhere in Derry.

It just didn't seem right to me.

I know that if the injury happened in a club game that's what he would have to do, but it didn't.

Throw ball

It wasn't me. Honest. ;D

David McKeown

Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 11, 2018, 10:17:43 AM
Unfortunately I had to leave the game at half time last night as my daughter was brought in to Craigavon hospital. 
At 22:30 I seen the young Derry player who was taken off during the first half sitting outside the x-Ray department in Craigavon.  It seemed that he had his mother and father with him.

Was just thinking that with the amount of money spent on preparing county teams if county players couldn't expect their Counties to look after them better than having to go through the local A&E system?  Lord knows what time they got away at last night and they they had to drive from Craigavon to somewhere in Derry.

I know that if the injury happened in a club game that's what he would have to do, but it didn't.

Unfortunately there sometimes isn't an option I had to sit in that waiting area for 11 hours on Monday because the private a and e on Lisburn Road wouldn't have been able to treat what the GP thought was wrong with me. I imagine this may well have been a similar situation.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Smokin Joe

Quote from: David McKeown on March 11, 2018, 10:26:43 AM

Unfortunately there sometimes isn't an option I had to sit in that waiting area for 11 hours on Monday because the private a and e on Lisburn Road wouldn't have been able to treat what the GP thought was wrong with me. I imagine this may well have been a similar situation.

I 'm working on the basis that had he been wearing the white Ulster rugby jersey and suffered the same injury he wouldn't have been sent to the local A&E department?  I don't actually know if that is the case or not; I just assume it is.

David McKeown

Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 11, 2018, 10:55:58 AM

I 'm working on the basis that had he been wearing the white Ulster rugby jersey and suffered the same injury he wouldn't have been sent to the local A&E department?  I don't actually know if that is the case or not; I just assume it is.

Sometimes there just isn't somewhere else to go.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Orior

Was the injured Derry player the one who was hit by Morning?

There was a few calls to the ref by some people registering their dissatisfaction with his performance.   I bet the same people could not referee a match themselves
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 11, 2018, 10:55:58 AM

Where else would he go?  If he needed an X-ray, CT scan or MRI on a Saturday night then the good old NHS is virtually the only option and Craigavon can be a zoo after hours as it becomes overrun by sheer numbers, too many with cases that should be turned away to the on-site out of hours GP.  His only other option would have been Altnagelvin and its no better than Craigavon except it does turn away some of those who need a GP and send them to the on-site out of hours GP.

As David says the only private A&E is in Kingsbridge in Belfast is a fairly lightweight option for those with minor injuries and anyone with anything more severe is sent on the the RVH.  Money doesn't buy emergency medicine, the private sector just skims off the elective medicine and simple cases.

Throw ball

Quote from: Orior on March 11, 2018, 12:58:56 PM
Was the injured Derry player the one who was hit by Morning?

There was a few calls to the ref by some people registering their dissatisfaction with his performance.   I bet the same people could not referee a match themselves

Correct. And I will be first to admit it. Hard enough refereeing an under 8 match. You will note everyone is saying he was fair. The problem I have is that the authorities seem determined to promote officious referees instead of those who let the game flow but get most big decisions right. The referee last night has had a number of big games but had a poor match last night in my opinion. And as for shouts from the crowd. People get emotional at matches and say things they wouldnt when thinking rationally. It is why we love sport.

Shamrock Shore

Ocean FM boys depressed already. Sligo 14 behind ball. Sole pt for Longford

Shamrock Shore

Shamrock Shore

Sligo 0-01
Longford 0-05

18 mins gone

Shamrock Shore

Sligo 0-05
Longford 0-05

Rally back from Sligo with the aid of a good breeze.

29 gone in first half