Fermanagh
Longford
Offaly
Sligo
Westmeath
Wexford

DuffleKing

Down game was on first.

I disagree on the quality. If Armagh tv are going to go to the trouble I'm sure it takes to broadcast this then surely they should endeavour to do the front facing part as well as possible. It's awful and I was genuinely happier to get score updates and comment on twitter than to endure that.

Maybe it was the direct comparison with we are ulster effort on the down game that emphasised the contrast.

Captain Obvious

4 wins from 4 games for Armagh and a fairly routine win against Offaly this afternoon. 2nd half 0-4 each less said about that the better.

magpie seanie

Seems we played reasonably well but the free scores granted to them by our kickout were hard to overcome. An obvious thing that has not been dealt with by successive managers....the mind boggles. At least last week nearly all the kickouts went long so we lost possession far away from goal as opposed to in the scoring area or out over the sideline.

3 more games and at least one win required. I'm hopeful we might eke out one or two wins. Next weekend could be fun weather wise.

Heard Corey said on the radio that Rooney was gone. Bit of a surprise.

Shamrock Shore

Squeaky bum time in Div 3.

Armagh have to travel to Enniskillen and Wexford but host Derry next week (with Slaughneil players back perhaps)
Fermanagh have tricky away games to Longford and Westmeath as well as the home tie agin Armagh.
Longford have a trip to Sligo and home games v Westmeath and Fermanagh.
Westmeath welcome Fermanagh, away to Longford and then a wrap up with a visit by Offaly.

So it could be a major traffic jam at the top by the time the dust settles. Anyone brave enough to call it?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 26, 2018, 07:50:18 AM
Seems we played reasonably well but the free scores granted to them by our kickout were hard to overcome. An obvious thing that has not been dealt with by successive managers....the mind boggles. At least last week nearly all the kickouts went long so we lost possession far away from goal as opposed to in the scoring area or out over the sideline.

3 more games and at least one win required. I'm hopeful we might eke out one or two wins. Next weekend could be fun weather wise.

Heard Corey said on the radio that Rooney was gone. Bit of a surprise.

I was quite impressed with yere kickouts actually Seanie, thought they gave ye a foothold in the game along with winning the majority of our long ones. Yes a few went out over the sideline, 3 that I can recall off the top of my head, but in the main we couldn't get a hand on them. Numerous times ye worked the ball quickly out of a short kickout into your D, bypassed our massed ranks in the middle and were able to then attack our exposed defence.

If we were comprehensively beaten in the kickout battle I thought we were the better team in open play. We looked to stretch the play when attacking and negotiated the sweeper, sometimes double sweeper, with ease. We still have a lot of work to do on taking our goal chances, that's 2 games in a row where we missed numerous gilt edged chances. Was great to see Ger Egan back kicking points over for fun and Jimmy Dolan as well as running through the gears got an absolute belter from under the stand. Disappointing to see Callum go off so early, looked like his eye was in for the day, hopefully just a strain. Luke popped up with his usual few points too but as did Kieran Martin but the reserves aren't putting them under enough pressure for my likening.

There seems to be 2 divisions within this division, a top 4 and a bottom 4. The 3 games we've won have come against the bottom 4 and we didn't fare too well against the one top 4 team we've played so next Sunday's game against Fermanagh will tell us where we really are. If we can win that we are rightly in the promotion hunt, lose and we can start preparing for Division 3 football again next year, should be a right good game and if anything like the support that was in Breffni Park a few years ago travels down it be a cracking atmosphere too.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

armaghniac

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 26, 2018, 09:36:15 AM
Armagh have to travel to Enniskillen and Wexford but host Derry next week (with Slaughneil players back perhaps)

I very much doubt if there will be games next week if there is 30cm of snow on Friday.
A postponement would almost certainly mean that the Derry would have the Slaughneil players back (unless they want to open a coffee shop in New York or something). However, Armagh have some injuries also that could benefit from an extra week.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on February 26, 2018, 10:07:05 AM

I very much doubt if there will be games next week if there is 30cm of snow on Friday.
A postponement would almost certainly mean that the Derry would have the Slaughneil players back (unless they want to open a coffee shop in New York or something). However, Armagh have some injuries also that could benefit from an extra week.
would Armagh be good enough to beat Tyrone this summer? the teams seem to be going in opposite  directions
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on February 26, 2018, 10:33:46 AM
would Armagh be good enough to beat Tyrone this summer? the teams seem to be going in opposite  directions

I don't think the teams have gone in opposite directions since last year, Armagh are doing better than last year in the league and Tyrone are not exactly pulling up trees. But I doubt if Armagh have done much to close the gap.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rufus T Firefly

So it could be a major traffic jam at the top by the time the dust settles. Anyone brave enough to call it?

Very difficult to call. I can't work out all the mathematical permutations, but it has to be two from Armagh, Fermanagh, Longford and Westmeath. For Armagh, there is a real bonus in that the other three all have to play each other and thus points will be dropped. Indeed Fermanagh's last three games are likely to be their toughest, as they face us, Longford and Westmeath.

Armagh though do not fill me with confidence and I do not see them going the whole league with a 100% record.

Very difficult to predict, but if I was forced to call it I would say Armagh and Longford to go up, with Longford beating Armagh in the final.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on February 26, 2018, 10:58:33 AM
Quote from: seafoid on February 26, 2018, 10:33:46 AM

I don't think the teams have gone in opposite directions since last year, Armagh are doing better than last year in the league and Tyrone are not exactly pulling up trees. But I doubt if Armagh have done much to close the gap.
Tyrone are 5/4 to win ulster
https://www.oddschecker.com/gaelic-games/gaelic-football

I don't think they have performed at that level so far
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: armaghniac on February 26, 2018, 10:07:05 AM

The O'Byrne Cup will be completed after the championship at this rate...

Croí na hÉireann

Fermanagh have tricky away games to Longford and Westmeath as well as the home tie agin Armagh.
Westmeath welcome Fermanagh, away to Longford and then a wrap up with a visit by Offaly.

Armagh are in my view as good as promoted as they have already beaten 2 of the chasing pack. Longford probably favourites for the other spot as their games against the other 2 contenders are at home. Followed by Fermanagh as they have maximum points on the board already and Armagh will surely have promotion secured and will be resting players for the last round game against them.

tonto1888

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 26, 2018, 11:25:23 AM

Armagh are in my view as good as promoted as they have already beaten 2 of the chasing pack. Longford probably favourites for the other spot as their games against the other 2 contenders are at home. Followed by Fermanagh as they have maximum points on the board already and Armagh will surely have promotion secured and will be resting players for the last round game against them.

we have wexford last game out

Shamrock Shore

I think Armagh and Fermanagh will take the promotion spots.

Offaly and Wexford are fcuked.

Longford had a bad day at the office yesterday, even though we won. Wexford are horrid poor by all accounts. Not sure if they are as bad as Offaly.

No offence to the Sligo lads I think we'll beat Sligo but will find it tough v Fermanagh in our last game. Westmeath..........well anything could happen here as it's a local derby and lads will be rizzed. There is no safely predicting this but if gun was to head I would put the few bob on Westmeath as John Heslin is hard to manage and I am not sure we have the lads to manage him.

But my one wish was to stay up and not be thinking of the Londons and Leitrims in 2019 so it's bonus territory now.

Ethan Tremblay

A bit of pressure will do any of the 4 teams at the top the world of good.  Think Fermanagh will drop points with their tough run of games.  Armagh are perched nicely but Derry potentially at full strength and Fermanagh away can change that very quickly for them. 

Armagh and Fermanagh for promotion is my prediction at this stage. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...