Laois SFC 2017

Started by The Monument Road, February 22, 2017, 08:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

Quote from: redsetanta on August 02, 2017, 01:04:08 AM
Do you mean defensively sound or don't work hard enough. Healy always gives everythin he's  got. Thats what makes him differemt. I'm not saying he doesn't have talent and skill but lads could learn a lot about his effort.

I don't think any of them are defensively sound. I would never doubt their work rate, but they're defensive instincts always look way off to me. They all look uncomfortable on the back foot and haven't a clue how to tackle without fouling. Resources are very thin in terms of backs. It's not like they're there and not on the panel. They're just not there full stop.

The Monument Road

Quote from: town1980 on August 02, 2017, 07:41:44 PM
I tend to agree clonaslee v ballyfin with clonaslee going down
Can Gaels teams be relegated.Clonaslee, Ballyfinn, Mountmellick, Crettyard are all gaels. If so how would it effect the Intermediate promotion. Im not familiar with the "Rules"

Downtheroad

Quote from: The Monument Road on August 03, 2017, 12:55:49 PM
Quote from: town1980 on August 02, 2017, 07:41:44 PM
I tend to agree clonaslee v ballyfin with clonaslee going down
Can Gaels teams be relegated.Clonaslee, Ballyfinn, Mountmellick, Crettyard are all gaels. If so how would it effect the Intermediate promotion. Im not familiar with the "Rules"
Yes. There is a rule somewhere that covers it.

Laois fan

None of the other clubs would of let this happen if they couldnt be relegated.Iimagine if relegated they have the option of offically joining up or they just  go there seperate ways

redsetanta

Great win for Port last night.That will be a real confidence boost for them! Anyone at the game as it seems Kileen should have won in normal time.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

The PRO

As someone said there's a rule or bye law to cover area teams being relegated but given the county board's track record, it wouldn't amaze me if it could be challenged😁

BallyroanAbu

I don't think Ballyroan will fear Port the same way we fear Kileen.

town1980

I agree but port are a pacey side youth v youth good game in store best of luck

town1980

Predictions for the football weekend?

town1980

Ok I'll start,,
heath  to beat graigue  but a toss up in my opinion
Ballylinan to beat joes
Port to beat ballyroan but again so hard to call
Portlaoise to beat o dempseys
All four games look lively and I could be wrong in any one of them

Stradbally to beat ballyfin
Killeen to beat mountmelick just because of done an injury to him there gone

Crettyard to beat clonaslee
Killeshin to beat kilcruise but again kilcruise no how to grind a win

Unlaoised

Quote from: town1980 on August 08, 2017, 04:12:48 PM
Ok I'll start,,
heath  to beat graigue  but a toss up in my opinion
Ballylinan to beat joes
Port to beat ballyroan but again so hard to call
Portlaoise to beat o dempseys
All four games look lively and I could be wrong in any one of them

Stradbally to beat ballyfin
Killeen to beat mountmelick just because of done an injury to him there gone

Crettyard to beat clonaslee
Killeshin to beat kilcruise but again kilcruise no how to grind a win

I'd go with all of them expect Graigue to beat the Heath and Joes to beat Ballylinan

I think Stradbally and Kileen will put up cricket scores againt Mountmellick and Ballyfin
LAOIS ABÚ

Spillane

heath v Graigue.... think the heath will sneak this too, were very impressive against Strad. have a nice mix of pace and especially power something Graigue lack up front excluding forbes
Ballylinan v Joes.... Going slightly with Ballylinan here, think they will relish beating Joes as they did a few years back, but all depends on how game is refereed. Can't afford to concede frees against Dan Dunne inside 50 yards.
Port v Ballyroan Abbey.... Broan to win it because of their full forward line. Port looked wasteful against an injury hit Killeen team. However saying that they will be flying all over the field. Should be a great game.
Portlaoise v O'Dempseys.... Thought the town would be convincing champions this year but I'd give OD more of a hope after seeing both teams in action. The town by 4 at least.

Ballyfin v Strad.... Strad to bounce back, should win once Moore is tied up and Begley to keep Finn quiet too. Strad by 6.
Killeen v Mountmellick.... Kingstons and Enright to put MM to the sword. Interesting to see what shape Killeen finish in with injuries a massive problem against Port.
Killeshin v Kilcruise.... Flip of a coin in this one. Youth v experience. Going with Arles by a score, they just know how to win in these battles.
Crettyard v Clonaslee.... Can't see anything but a Cretty win. Murphy to punish them from frees. Unlucky against Broan the first day, but great young player who will bounce back. Cretty by 6

BallyroanAbu

Graigue to beat Heath ,  if Tony Connolly and Evan Keane reappear different story
Ballylinan to beat Josephs have a sneaky suspicion Ballylinan will go along way in this year championship.
Ballyroan to beat Port, Heart ruling my head here
O Dempsey Portlaoise going to be close Draw
Stradbally to beat Ballyfin
Kileen to beat Mountmellick
Crettyard to beat Clonaslee
Killeshin to be beat Kilcruise

SCFC

Think Graigue might edge The Heath. Hard to call. I'd like to see Graigue fulfilling their potential.
Port and Ballyroan Abbey is also a tough one. Lot of young players on both teams. I'm going give a hesitant vote to Port. That replay win over Killeen will do their confidence the world of good.
O'Dempseys will beat Portlaoise. By around three. Healy is a massive loss for The Town.
Joes to edge Ballylinan. Again should be close enough. If Joes had all their players, they'd win well.
Strad should take Ballyfin Gaels. I think Ballyfin aren't going as well as last year.
Killeen should have too much experience for Mountmellick.
I think Arles are gone and Killeshin will run them off the field. Meaney, Munnelly and Davy Conway could drag Arles through again but I'm going to say they won't.
Cretty Gaels v Clonaslee Gaels. This could be a draw. Two pretty poor outfits to be fair. I might just give the nod to Cretty on the basis that the Annanough lads will be playing Friday night and again on Sunday at 12.

Uisce

Fairly confident on below winners:

Graigue
Port
Portlaoise
Josephs
Stradbally
Killeen
Killeshin
Crettyard