Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

If Fury gets beaten by Wilder his box office  is minimal,  if he wins he'll be there in April. I'm guessing they were pushing Fury's  buttons by ignoring him - quite successfully by looking at Twitter (he blocked AJ, who is taking great delight).

White looked pissed off about something on Sky's coverage afterwards but I missed the jist of it.

nrico2006

Quote from: bennydorano on September 23, 2018, 03:51:25 PM
If Fury gets beaten by Wilder his box office  is minimal,  if he wins he'll be there in April. I'm guessing they were pushing Fury's  buttons by ignoring him - quite successfully by looking at Twitter (he blocked AJ, who is taking great delight).

White looked pissed off about something on Sky's coverage afterwards but I missed the jist of it.

Whyte is a root who was lucky to hear the bell in his last fight. Nobody wants to see him fight Joshua; he got knocked out badly last time. I hear him saying he can get into AJs head, but thats balls. The only card he had was the amateur win which has been well and truly forgotten about.

I have always liked Fury but AJ has got the better off him in their latest battle. Tyson has to be able to take it considering he gives it so much. He slabbers away about hating AJ and how he will never give him the chance to fight him, yet AJ has conducted himself exemplary as usual and winded him up.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Syferus

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 23, 2018, 05:16:13 PM

Whyte is a root who was lucky to hear the bell in his last fight. Nobody wants to see him fight Joshua; he got knocked out badly last time. I hear him saying he can get into AJs head, but thats balls. The only card he had was the amateur win which has been well and truly forgotten about.

I have always liked Fury but AJ has got the better off him in their latest battle. Tyson has to be able to take it considering he gives it so much. He slabbers away about hating AJ and how he will never give him the chance to fight him, yet AJ has conducted himself exemplary as usual and winded him up.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/anthony-joshua-sexist-niece-son-british-gq-interview-a8238006.html

Joshua is trapped in the stone age too, it's just he's usually better at hiding it than eejits like Fury or Wilder.

nrico2006

Quote from: Syferus on September 23, 2018, 05:49:03 PM

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/anthony-joshua-sexist-niece-son-british-gq-interview-a8238006.html

Joshua is trapped in the stone age too, it's just he's usually better at hiding it than eejits like Fury or Wilder.

Joshua is a good guy to be honest. That's about as bad as you will find on him and its not even bad really.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Medic

(MUST SEE!) PAULIE MALIGNAGGI & SPENCER FEARON GO AT IT; ROWDY DEBATE ON CANELO'S WIN OVER GOLOVKIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMhGfmgnL48
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

Don Johnson

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 23, 2018, 06:12:11 PM

Joshua is a good guy to be honest. That's about as bad as you will find on him and its not even bad really.

Yeah just don't think about the drug dealing either and he is a good guy.

screenexile

Quote from: Don Johnson on September 23, 2018, 09:47:24 PM

Ah I wouldn't be that sore on him regarding that he was a young fella living in inner city London.

He's turned his life around and so far seems to be a very decent role model as well as being quite grounded.

McGregor could do with taking a leaf out of Joshua's book!

Syferus

Quote from: screenexile on September 23, 2018, 11:32:07 PM

Ah I wouldn't be that sore on him regarding that he was a young fella living in inner city London.

He's turned his life around and so far seems to be a very decent role model as well as being quite grounded.

Uh, there's a hell of a lot of people in inner cities that don't deal drugs. Weird way to try to wash that one away. Joshua is good at what he does; he's also got a good PR team. He's not a great person no more than McGregor is, I certainly wouldn't be trying to put him on a pedestal above McGregor like you appear to be trying to.

People need to be looking somewhere else for role models.

Milltown Row2

We could look at Syferus as a role model  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Joshua sold a bit of weed when he was younger.  His behaviour since has been brilliant, both inside and outside the ring.  He is the perfect role model.  Doesn't get involved in any of the trash talk, just gets the job done.  I'm a McGregor fan but you can hardly equate Joshua and McGregor, Joshua is on a different level.

JoG2

Quote from: Syferus on September 23, 2018, 11:37:10 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 23, 2018, 11:32:07 PM

Uh, there's a hell of a lot of people in inner cities that don't deal drugs. Weird way to try to wash that one away. Joshua is good at what he does; he's also got a good PR team. He's not a great person no more than McGregor is, I certainly wouldn't be trying to put him on a pedestal above McGregor like you appear to be trying to.

People need to be looking somewhere else for role models.

comedy gold !

omaghjoe

One of the downsides of blocking posters is that your miss some of the hilarious shite that they spout

Syferus

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 24, 2018, 07:54:41 AM
Joshua sold a bit of weed when he was younger.  His behaviour since has been brilliant, both inside and outside the ring.  He is the perfect role model.  Doesn't get involved in any of the trash talk, just gets the job done.  I'm a McGregor fan but you can hardly equate Joshua and McGregor, Joshua is on a different level.

Cool that what I linked makes him the perfect role model in your eyes. That's more telling about you than you know.

bennydorano

Mcgregor is just awful, his achievements are now becoming lost in the woeful behaviour.  What sort of role model is he to anybody?? AJ should be (& is) applauded for turning his life around from being a troublesome youth involved in drugs to what he has become, posters are severely reaching trying to use that to besmirch him.

Syferus

Quote from: bennydorano on September 24, 2018, 06:42:33 PM
Mcgregor is just awful, his achievements are now becoming lost in the woeful behaviour.  What sort of role model is he to anybody?? AJ should be (& is) applauded for turning his life around from being a troublesome youth involved in drugs to what he has become, posters are severely reaching trying to use that to besmirch him.

How dare I point out that Joshua's criminal record is worse than McGregor's! It's terrible when reality butts into your opinions, isn't it?