The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Rumours of a bid to bring Suso back. Apparently he has a release clause of €40-50m. While it would grate to pay that much for a player that was allowed to leave for free a few years ago, he does seem to have matured as a player. 7 goals and 9 assists in 27 games this year for Milan is a pretty good record. I always thought he was a decent player and he probably suffered from Couthinho's form and Suarez's presence in the years he should have been pushing for a breakthrough.

I cannot see it happening but if it did hopefully it would be another Salah story....underutilized in the Premier league, go to Italy, develop as a player then to Anfield and 20+ goals in half a season.. 8) 8)

magpie seanie

Quote from: gawa316 on January 12, 2018, 01:03:10 AM
Quote from: heganboy on January 12, 2018, 12:18:59 AM
A fit sturridge is worth 30 comfortably. He'd do well somewhere warm. Would love to see him get a run with Firmino dropping into the slot...

In today's market a fit Sturridge would be worth 60+. I think 30 mil is about right for him. Southampton or West Ham might not be bad destinations for him

When was Sturridge last fully fit? Seems like at least 3 years ago?

laoislad

Quote from: TabClear on January 12, 2018, 08:43:20 AM
Rumours of a bid to bring Suso back. Apparently he has a release clause of €40-50m. While it would grate to pay that much for a player that was allowed to leave for free a few years ago, he does seem to have matured as a player. 7 goals and 9 assists in 27 games this year for Milan is a pretty good record. I always thought he was a decent player and he probably suffered from Couthinho's form and Suarez's presence in the years he should have been pushing for a breakthrough.

I cannot see it happening but if it did hopefully it would be another Salah story....underutilized in the Premier league, go to Italy, develop as a player then to Anfield and 20+ goals in half a season.. 8) 8)
I said at the time I didn't think they should be letting him go!
Maybe your right and he needed to go somewhere like Italy to develop.
Was it Klopp or Brodge let him go?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

TabClear

Quote from: laoislad on January 12, 2018, 09:25:06 AM
Quote from: TabClear on January 12, 2018, 08:43:20 AM

I said at the time I didn't think they should be letting him go!
Maybe your right and he needed to go somewhere like Italy to develop.
Was it Klopp or Brodge let him go?

Brodge. Think he is away 3 years now.

Minder

Fairly brutal from Klopp about Coutinho, as we thought he basically refused to play anymore so they had to sell
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

I think Liverpool should be quite happy. Obviously a good player gone but they got a great price for a guy who had no loyalty to them and who could have downed tools at any time.

The game has become disgusting in lots of ways unfortunately.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 12, 2018, 02:15:19 PM
I think Liverpool should be quite happy. Obviously a good player gone but they got a great price for a guy who had no loyalty to them and who could have downed tools at any time.

The game has become disgusting in lots of ways unfortunately.

Yeah and that's the second time he downed tools, did the same last year until he realised he wouldn't be sold

TabClear

Quote from: Minder on January 12, 2018, 02:08:03 PM
Fairly brutal from Klopp about Coutinho, as we thought he basically refused to play anymore so they had to sell

Disappointed with that. Would have thought better of him.

Some club needs to call a player out on this. Would Couthinho have really refused to play in a world cup year? But with tens of millions potentially at risk  the club cant afford to take the chance.

Maroon Manc

A fit sturridge is worth 30 comfortably. He'd do well somewhere warm. Would love to see him get a run with Firmino dropping into the slot...

In today's market a fit Sturridge would be worth 60+. I think 30 mil is about right for him. Southampton or West Ham might not be bad destinations for him

The transfer fee would depend on whether Liverpool would give him a pay off as there's no chance any he's going to earn what he does at Liverpool at the likes of Soton or West Ham. Perhaps West Ham would match his salary but the fee probably would be about £15m.

Armamike

Quote from: TabClear on January 12, 2018, 02:17:27 PM

Some club needs to call a player out on this. Would Couthinho have really refused to play in a world cup year? But with tens of millions potentially at risk  the club cant afford to take the chance.

Unfortunate but sadly it seems players are a lot more dispassionate these days about their clubs. Maybe it was always the case to a degree, with players angling moves, but it seems a lot worse now.  People like Coutinho want it both ways though - screw the club, but end on a high note with the supporters through a 'heartfelt' message to them through social media.  I tend not to read that dung.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Armamike

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 12, 2018, 02:21:17 PM

The transfer fee would depend on whether Liverpool would give him a pay off as there's no chance any he's going to earn what he does at Liverpool at the likes of Soton or West Ham. Perhaps West Ham would match his salary but the fee probably would be about £15m.

Buying Daniel is a bit like buying a dodgy merc. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

Minder

Quote from: Armamike on January 12, 2018, 02:25:12 PM

Unfortunate but sadly it seems players are a lot more dispassionate these days about their clubs. Maybe it was always the case to a degree, with players angling moves, but it seems a lot worse now.  People like Coutinho want it both ways though - screw the club, but end on a high note with the supporters through a 'heartfelt' message to them through social media.  I tend not to read that dung.

Aye they are almost like a template now, those messages. Probably put together by a PR firm

AZOffaly

Coutinho's performances on the field were a credit to him since the summer. If he was not allowed go in January, I think he'd have done the same again.

Contrast that with the performances of Van Dijk and Keita (apparently), and I worry about those players character. We'll see the same from them again when Barca or Real come in for them.

johnneycool

Quote from: Armamike on January 12, 2018, 02:25:12 PM

Same as the badge kissers. It's a mercenary game and has been for quite a while.

Dire Ear

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 12, 2018, 02:50:44 PM
Coutinho's performances on the field were a credit to him since the summer. If he was not allowed go in January, I think he'd have done the same again.

Contrast that with the performances of Van Dijk and Keita (apparently), and I worry about those players character. We'll see the same from them again when Barca or Real come in for them.
are they both going to be that good?