Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Walter Cronc

Pity he wasn't named and shamed!!

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 22, 2019, 04:10:59 PM
Pity he wasn't named and shamed!!
Front page of the Sunday world soon, no doubt.

Kidder81

Really surprised at this, Milltown Row said it was a non story

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on January 22, 2019, 09:20:01 PM

It is stalker. They got one clampit from 18,000 and banned him for life you twat
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2019, 09:35:44 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on January 22, 2019, 09:20:01 PM

It is stalker. They got one clampit from 18,000 and banned him for life you twat

Big Ulster Rugby fan at work reckons they were calling him Django which he believes is his nickname when at Munster.

Never heard of it myself.

seafoid

the Irish teams have won 17, drawn one and lost one of 19 games against English clubs in the last two seasons in the Heineken Cup. That's a staggering statistic.
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/six-nations-o-gara-optimistic-despite-threat-from-farrell-and-england-pack-1.3773926
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

podge

Does anyone else feel that this whole perception of the Irish game being a bore fest is a bit overplayed/ exaggerated? I know I am probably looking through green tinted glasses but i don't see a lot different between Ireland and the other teams' styles, bar an exceptional level of defensive and personal discipline.

johnnycool

Quote from: podge on January 29, 2019, 06:34:55 PM
Does anyone else feel that this whole perception of the Irish game being a bore fest is a bit overplayed/ exaggerated? I know I am probably looking through green tinted glasses but i don't see a lot different between Ireland and the other teams' styles, bar an exceptional level of defensive and personal discipline.

I'd hardly be taking lessons of boring rugby from England who are ostensibly renowned for their crash ball approach the last while and especially with Eddie in charge and not forgetting their World Cup win where Jonny Wilkinson kicked everything that came into sight.

Walter Cronc

Its a sure sign they fear us when they are slagging us!

Hound

What some foreign coaches find "boring" about Ireland is the lack of mistakes.

Ringrose and Stockdale are as exciting in their position as anyone in the competition and they will get plenty of ball. Earls probably too. Hopefully his quiet spell at the moment is down to Munster's style, not his form.

seafoid

Very interesting read

English rugby injuries

https://www.englandrugby.com/mm/Document/General/General/01/32/91/95/InjurySurveillanceReport2016-17_English.pdf

For the first time hamstring injuries and concussion feature in the top three injuries resulting in more than
84 days absence. The reasons for this change in the severity profile for hamstring injury severity profile
are unclear. The number of concussions requiring more than 3 months absence has also increased.
This likely reflects a trend to more conservative management of players who have sustained two or
more concussions in a 12-month period.

Due to the rise in both the incidence and severity of match injuries, the burden of match injury
(a combination of both incidence and severity) increased to 3054 days absence per 1000 hours
for Premiership injuries which is above the upper limit of expected variation.

• For the sixth consecutive season, the most commonly reported match injury was concussion
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GetOverTheBar

England team looks shaky enough in the back row compared to Ireland. Could be the winning of the game. Interesting to see how Manu Tuilagi gets on, Elliot Daly too. Ireland should have too much you would think.

Walter Cronc

You'd imagine the Ireland back row will bully England. VdF is as hard as nails with a serious engine. Curry in for a tough time.

Tony Baloney

Ireland should be far too experienced for that England line-up. Eddie's mind games should prove to be a waste of time. Nowell not long back from injury and Daly hasn't been great for Wasps lately, but he some left on him for kicking from distance.