All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: charlieTully on May 10, 2015, 08:14:51 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on May 10, 2015, 01:32:41 PM
Now larrin89 knows how much I love Mayo but I can honestly say this, in over 50 years attending ros-mayo clashes at county and club I never had an issue with either their players or supporters other than their annoying chants of mayooooo mayooooo when they are beating the lard out of us. Mayo and Galway are our biggest opponents and the teams we really love to beat but they are salt of the earth gaa supporters whom I have the height of respect for, the abuse given to them here to justify northern thuggery is untrue and unwarranted.

you have made me glad Tyrone have won an AI, for that i will never forgive you.

Ha ha. What's seldom is wonderful for Tyrone. Enjoy it lads in ten years time you can pretend it was Sam Maguire

giveballaghback

Problem is Sligoman no  contributor  from any of the other 3 connacht counties have endorsed your remarks, post them a few more times and you might get someone to back up your biased views, keep going you are keeping the nordies happy and justifying their so called footballing systems. 

BennyHarp

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 11, 2015, 10:33:34 PM
Problem is Sligoman no  contributor  from any of the other 3 connacht counties have endorsed your remarks, post them a few more times and you might get someone to back up your biased views, keep going you are keeping the nordies happy and justifying their so called footballing systems.

Feckin hell, are you still banging on about this? I admire your committment to keep this thread about the great Tyrone win at the top of the page.
That was never a square ball!!

tippabu

Cavanagh's sledging concern
19 May 2015

Sean Cavanagh is worried that the sledging epidemic prevalent in gaelic football could damage players' mental health.
Admitting that both Tyrone and Donegal were equally guilty of the offence in Sunday's bad-spirited Ulster SFC preliminary-round clash at Ballybofey, the former Footballer of the Year believes things are getting out of hand:
"There's no doubting you're going to get that now, the higher the level you go, and the more local rivalries you get. Cavan play Monaghan this weekend, and I've no doubt it'll be rife there as well," the scarred and bruised Red Hands veteran is quoted in The Irish Times.

"Players probably did overstep the mark to a certain extent. You just have to be thick-skinned. At times it can be quite personal. You just have to accept it. I've said it before, it can be very, very personal and I know there were certain players . . that have been through tough times, and they were getting a fair bit of personal abuse.
"I can look that way, call you a name, say something about your family, your child, and no one will ever know. And look, it happens on both sides.
"I'm sure Michael Murphy got chatted to, when he was hitting free kicks. I got chatted to whenever I was hitting free kicks. It's disappointing to see, and I don't know how you can stop somebody whispering in somebody's ear.
"And there is so much talk now on mental health of players, and all that, and there are players in dark places. You would hope that it doesn't come to the stage that some player tries to do something silly, or something like that, if he has been abused, or has had a bad game, and people have really gotten on his case."

AZOffaly

Sean is missing the point. The yapping is designed to provoke a reaction, rather than put them off. If some lad is yapping, it's only going to make me want to win the next ball even more, but some lads will lash out, especially if the yapping moves onto more physical intimidation or messing. Then the initiator goes down like he's shot, and the retaliator gets the line.

tippabu

Quote from: tippabu on May 19, 2015, 10:09:06 AM
19 May 2015

Sean Cavanagh is worried that the sledging epidemic prevalent in gaelic football could damage players' mental health.
Admitting that both Tyrone and Donegal were equally guilty of the offence in Sunday's bad-spirited Ulster SFC preliminary-round clash at Ballybofey, the former Footballer of the Year believes things are getting out of hand:
"There's no doubting you're going to get that now, the higher the level you go, and the more local rivalries you get. Cavan play Monaghan this weekend, and I've no doubt it'll be rife there as well," the scarred and bruised Red Hands veteran is quoted in The Irish Times.

"Players probably did overstep the mark to a certain extent. You just have to be thick-skinned. At times it can be quite personal. You just have to accept it. I've said it before, it can be very, very personal and I know there were certain players . . that have been through tough times, and they were getting a fair bit of personal abuse.
"I can look that way, call you a name, say something about your family, your child, and no one will ever know. And look, it happens on both sides.
"I'm sure Michael Murphy got chatted to, when he was hitting free kicks. I got chatted to whenever I was hitting free kicks. It's disappointing to see, and I don't know how you can stop somebody whispering in somebody's ear.
"And there is so much talk now on mental health of players, and all that, and there are players in dark places. You would hope that it doesn't come to the stage that some player tries to do something silly, or something like that, if he has been abused, or has had a bad game, and people have really gotten on his case."

Tipperary were widely regarded as whingers and sledging and especially the facebook of family members being used for comments was pretty much laughed off. Benny Coulter on the Sunday game and now tyrones very own Sean cavanagh coming out talking about it.

AZOffaly

It's a fair point Tippabu. One thing, in fairness to Cavanagh, is he says both sides were at it so he's not saying Tyrone didn't do it. However, the fact that he highlights it as something that is not nice is ironic in its timing.

Syferus

Quote from: tippabu on May 19, 2015, 10:14:01 AM
Quote from: tippabu on May 19, 2015, 10:09:06 AM
19 May 2015

Tipperary were widely regarded as whingers and sledging and especially the facebook of family members being used for comments was pretty much laughed off. Benny Coulter on the Sunday game and now tyrones very own Sean cavanagh coming out talking about it.

Maybe a few select journalists and Tyrone people thought that but everyone I've talked to that watched was pretty aghast at Tyrone's tactics. Maybe the Tipp CB chairman got a bit of stick for that radio interview but few people think this stuff isn't an epidemic these days.

tippabu

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 19, 2015, 10:17:37 AM
It's a fair point Tippabu. One thing, in fairness to Cavanagh, is he says both sides were at it so he's not saying Tyrone didn't do it. However, the fact that he highlights it as something that is not nice is ironic in its timing.

I wonder just how much of a problem it is throughout the country, I'm sure it happens everywhere.  I was talking to a senior tipp player and he said that throughout the league this year fermanagh were very mouthy on the pitch, said nobody else we played were. Said Armagh didn't do it at all.

oakleafgael

Quote from: tippabu on May 19, 2015, 10:23:28 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 19, 2015, 10:17:37 AM

I wonder just how much of a problem it is throughout the country, I'm sure it happens everywhere.  I was talking to a senior tipp player and he said that throughout the league this year fermanagh were very mouthy on the pitch, said nobody else we played were. Said Armagh didn't do it at all.

As I posted in the other thread, your own team was at it in the U21 final. Derry have had a few slabbers themselves in the recent past. Brolly never shut up on the field but it was never sledging.

Slievenamon

@ Tippabu  we were told we were raving recently on here.  Ironic eh?  'Mon the minors !!!!!

StGallsGAA

QuoteOne thing, in fairness to Cavanagh, is he says both sides were at it so he's not saying Tyrone didn't do it. However, the fact that he highlights it as something that is not nice is ironic in its timing.

Did Ciaran McKeever have laryngitis that day then?

tippabu

All the replies to how Tyrone played this game were pretty  "what about the tipp lads stamp". Only just seen the knee to the head of the tipp player now. Was looking at a video of fergal logans brother talking out of his hole. Anyway I suppose this knee to the head was purely accidental?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFd6PIqdlN4

AZOffaly

Ah tippabu, we discussed that back then. There's literally, and trust me on this, NOTHING to be gained by resurrecting that again :)

tippabu

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 22, 2015, 01:54:16 PM
Ah tippabu, we discussed that back then. There's literally, and trust me on this, NOTHING to be gained by resurrecting that again :)

It's only now for the first time I've seen footage of it