All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 06, 2015, 02:53:00 PM
No Benny, it's just in terms of the depth available to Tipp. I don't think anyone is saying Tipp were 'short' these lads, it's just a fact that of the players eligible, with a decent shout of playing for Tipp again, 2 of them are in the US and 2 are injured.

I think it's actually a good reflection of Tipp and the development going on. If you think that this bunch won the Munster Minor in 2012 with 4 different starting forwards, all of whom would still be significant contributors, it does speak of a bit of strength in depth.

Fair points.  In saying that, arguably Tyrone's most potent forward of the 2012 Ulster Minor winning team wasn't playing this year and unfortunately probably never will again.  On top of that, the star of the last two minor campaigns is over in Australia.  Hopefully he will be back soon enough though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 06, 2015, 02:54:16 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 06, 2015, 02:51:20 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 06, 2015, 02:46:23 PM
Can we start a thread - 'Get BennyHarp a woman'

That would be some craic! You Derry lads are mental!

Ah sure be a bit of craic Brendan. I do admire you Tyrone men and your love of your county :)

Ha, I see what you did there!!  :D
That was never a square ball!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 06, 2015, 02:55:04 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 06, 2015, 02:53:00 PM
No Benny, it's just in terms of the depth available to Tipp. I don't think anyone is saying Tipp were 'short' these lads, it's just a fact that of the players eligible, with a decent shout of playing for Tipp again, 2 of them are in the US and 2 are injured.

I think it's actually a good reflection of Tipp and the development going on. If you think that this bunch won the Munster Minor in 2012 with 4 different starting forwards, all of whom would still be significant contributors, it does speak of a bit of strength in depth.

Fair points.  In saying that, arguably Tyrone's most potent forward of the 2012 Ulster Minor winning team wasn't playing this year and unfortunately probably never will again.  On top of that, the star of the last two minor campaigns is over in Australia.  Hopefully he will be back soon enough though.

That's right. I'm sure every county has players unavailable for whatever reason. That's why I choose to see this as glass half full for Tipp. What's there now is good enough to get to an All Ireland U21. If they others come back in, it's gravy.

And if the conveyer belt keeps churning out players at that level, even if the teams they are a part of don't make or win All Ireland Finals, Tipp seniors will be on track for their targets, which is the important thing. Sustainability rather than flashes in the pan.

brokencrossbar1

Stevie O'Neill, the Canavan brothers, all school teachers,  probably a few more...that's where they're getting the Dark Arts sessions.  O'Neill gets the Primary school ones, Peter takes them for PE to show them how they actually do it and Pascal takes them for RE  to make them repent and cleanse their souls so that each time they take the field they have a clear conscience!!!

tippabu

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 06, 2015, 02:43:54 PM
Are Tipp really saying that they are missing players who are off playing soccer in America? (I wonder did they were good enough to make the Tipperary District League Oscar Traynor cup team?) But if we are going down that route, I could pretty much guarantee that the loss of Conor McKenna of Tyrone to Aussie rules would offset any loss of these lads!

If you read back over thread thread or even any of my posts on the matter you'll see where I'm coming from, now let's see if you're able to work it all out for yourself like a good lad or if I need to explain it for you

AZOffaly

don't be so touchy Tippabu :) It's all good.

BennyHarp

Quote from: tippabu on May 06, 2015, 03:02:01 PM
Are Tipp really saying that they are missing players who are off playing soccer in America? (I wonder did they were good enough to make the Tipperary District League Oscar Traynor cup team?) But if we are going down that route, I could pretty much guarantee that the loss of Conor McKenna of Tyrone to Aussie rules would offset any loss of these lads!

If you read back over thread thread or even any of my posts on the matter you'll see where I'm coming from, now let's see if you're able to work it all out for yourself like a good lad or if I need to explain it for you

This is the sort of quick temper that has you lads phoning your local radio station! Calm down fella, just pointing out one player (and nrico has pointed out another) that would or could have been on the Tyrone U21 team this year.........just like you did with your list.
That was never a square ball!!

tippabu

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 06, 2015, 03:25:55 PM
Quote from: tippabu on May 06, 2015, 03:02:01 PM

This is the sort of quick temper that has you lads phoning your local radio station! Calm down fella, just pointing out one player (and nrico has pointed out another) that would or could have been on the Tyrone U21 team this year.........just like you did with your list.

My list was in reply to someone saying "what if"....."Tyrone could have won by 6/7", so I pointed out how what ifs don't matter and gave a few what ifs, including lads we were missing. He asked me if any of them were really that good and I answered, so to answer your original question, no Tipp lads are not really saying we are missing these lads and cost us the match or anything like that

Jinxy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 06, 2015, 03:01:36 PM
Stevie O'Neill, the Canavan brothers, all school teachers,  probably a few more...that's where they're getting the Dark Arts sessions.  O'Neill gets the Primary school ones, Peter takes them for PE to show them how they actually do it and Pascal takes them for RE  to make them repent and cleanse their souls so that each time they take the field they have a clear conscience!!!

They get confession on the bus home afterwards.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

theticklemister

Quote from: Jinxy on May 06, 2015, 03:47:01 PM

Don't forget Brian Dooher.........

He takes the young lads then swimming; shows them how to 'dive.'

Mickey: Brian, we need to take this diving more seriously at underage; the frees are not coming and the other team still finish with 15 men

Doohor: No problem chief. But we better equipment Mickey.

Keyser soze

Quote from: Jinxy on May 06, 2015, 03:47:01 PM

Even Jinxy's flagging after this marathon

blanketattack

Twomey should have left Logan in, apparently Logan was only going into the Tipp dressing room to offer a replay.

red hander

God, imagine the whingeing we're going to have to listen to when Tipp are bucked out of the hurling championship

AZOffaly

Quote from: red hander on May 06, 2015, 05:37:24 PM
God, imagine the whingeing we're going to have to listen to when Tipp are bucked out of the hurling championship

It'll be a long time before Tyrone are a threat to them there!

Syferus

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 06, 2015, 06:15:49 PM
Benny Harp is the Tyrone version of syferus, has to comment on everyone else's comment, calm down there, ye won, its ok, take your tablets, ye have a big game on the 17th and the whole of tipperary and roscommon will be supporting ye.

You're some man for attacking in someone else. I don't think I've ever commented negatively on anything you've said and Lord knows I could have.