All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippabu

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 05, 2015, 12:48:30 AM
Jaysus this thread is movin quick I can't even keep up with it and I have been on it most of the day at work

Thanks for the update

Anyway keep er lit lads the tons in sight!

reckon we'll be well over the 100 page mark come the morning :)

omaghjoe

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 05, 2015, 12:34:46 AM
I havent forgot ya sligoman, what about the 1943 Connacht semi-final played in boyle when ye were denied a 14 yard free to win the game and Ros won the replay and went on to win the all-ire,
this thread is not about personal grudges or vendettas but about the direction out game of football is heading, every county has had its hard men but the ref usually dealt with them, (well some times), Barnes Murphy was no angel and I could name a lot more  of hard sligomen over the years but now it is being coached into young lads that this is the way to play but I have to say fair play to you you did not miss a chance to vent against your connacht neighbours and of course you had to praise the nordies to justify your anger, if we get over London you will have one long angry post to write after what we do to ye and I guarantee their will not be one cynical tackle from the Rossies.

Your in the wrong thread this is about the All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

I had a good wee chuckle at your last line

ONeill

Next interviewee 'Jackie Cahill?'

"and I tweeted 'Win with class and loss with dignity' and we kept our part of the bargain and a few people up north reacted to it and I guess you'd expect nothing less."

"doing their stuff on family members"...
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

Jaysus my F5 button is back working in this website.
For ages it did nothing but now it brings up 10 new post at a time.
Lets try it again after this.
That's if I can ever can get it posted
"Sorry Fuzzman but there has been 200 posts since your last whinge Post

sligoman

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 05, 2015, 12:34:46 AM
I havent forgot ya sligoman, what about the 1943 Connacht semi-final played in boyle when ye were denied a 14 yard free to win the game and Ros won the replay and went on to win the all-ire,
this thread is not about personal grudges or vendettas but about the direction out game of football is heading, every county has had its hard men but the ref usually dealt with them, (well some times), Barnes Murphy was no angel and I could name a lot more  of hard sligomen over the years but now it is being coached into young lads that this is the way to play but I have to say fair play to you you did not miss a chance to vent against your connacht neighbours and of course you had to praise the nordies to justify your anger, if we get over London you will have one long angry post to write after what we do to ye and I guarantee their will not be one cynical tackle from the Rossies.

I never said Sligo were angels. My point is that Roscommon crying about other team's ethics is a bit rich when it comes to some of the characters ye had playing for ye not so long ago.

Did you have any problem with the direction the likes of Seamie O'Neill, Francie Grehan, Frankie Dolan or Shane Curran brought the game in? You are the lads who are crying foul but it's not so long ago since you had a team stocked of thugs and loudmouths who were no strangers to lowering the blade when you needed to. It's

Sligo have played Derry, Down, Donegal, Armagh and Tyrone in the past 15 years of Championship football and have met all Ulster sides in the league. I can't think of any time there were really unsavoury incidents. We've had players like O'Hara who got involved in a lot of incidents and it's perfectly understandable how he would not be looked upon favourably in other counties but at least he did play ball as well for the most part. Seamie O'Neill would generally just run around the pitch after him trying to take his head off when Sligo played Roscommon.

I was at the game in Markievicz between Tyrone and yourselves and certainly didn't see anything untoward from Tyrone, certainly nothing out of the norm skirmishes you'd see in any Championship match. It's very odd that Roscommon have turned into shrinking violet Mary Poppins outfit in recent years, when did this Road to Damascus moment overtake your usual boorish demeanor?

giveballaghback

Rodman what is there to understand, I have played for and captained Roscommon district league in the oscar traynor cup, I have played underage inter county football, I have won county medals at every age group, and have coached underage club teams, the direction our games have taken is wrong in every way,
this is not the example we should be setting for our young people apart from the fact that what is going on in some gaelic football matches is bordering on criminal and I dont say that lightly or to get advantage or to help make my point, think about it for a minute, leave your allegiances aside for once, would you want your son engaging in these tactics? if your answer is yes there is no more to be said.

ONeill

Well you haven't learned much about full stops.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

I've heard it all. We Tyroned the 2010 Connacht final. Sweet lord has this thread fully descended into farce now when you have Sligo lads attacking Roscommon lads about a five year-old senior provincial final on an U21 championship thread.

Tyrone were the best U21 team in Ireland this year. They didn't need to commit so many totally pointlessly dirty acts on the way there, they could have let their talent do the talking. The fact they didn't didn't was depressing to watch at the time and for the sport in general. Sin é.

BennyHarp

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 05, 2015, 12:57:49 AM
Rodman what is there to understand, I have played for and captained Roscommon district league in the oscar traynor cup, I have played underage inter county football, I have won county medals at every age group, and have coached underage club teams, the direction our games have taken is wrong in every way,
this is not the example we should be setting for our young people apart from the fact that what is going on in some gaelic football matches is bordering on criminal and I dont say that lightly or to get advantage or to help make my point, think about it for a minute, leave your allegiances aside for once, would you want your son engaging in these tactics? if your answer is yes there is no more to be said.

Latest update.....giveballacksback captained Roscommon district league in the Oscar Traynor Cup! Indiana's Dublin beat them by 3 points in the final, he was buffing his medal earlier. Stallion's mate from Tyrone was top scorer in the competition. The Rossies did however pick up the Syferus Fair Play award! Tipp are still complaining about one of their players being called a "twit" in the first round.
That was never a square ball!!

tippabu

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 05, 2015, 12:54:13 AM

just had a quick check, last years under 21 thread only had 29 pages!!!

Syferus

Quote from: tippabu on May 05, 2015, 01:03:13 AM

In fairness there were separate provincial threads last year.

tippabu

Anyway ive work in the morning...ill be disappointed if we're not on 100 pages by the time i wake up

tippabu

Quote from: Syferus on May 05, 2015, 01:05:51 AM
Quote from: tippabu on May 05, 2015, 01:03:13 AM

In fairness there were separate provincial threads last year.

ah right, im only new here

SkillfulBill

I had forgotten just how funny this board can be its amazing how a Tyrone AI win brings out the bitterness. The simple fact is that Tyrone football people no longer care much about the hypocrisy of partisan commentators.

giveballaghback

Sligoman you are right, all them wrongs you have seen being done to poor sligo and then you could not see one unsavoury incident in the Ros[tyrone game, well good man and fair play to ya, you call things as you see them, no bias or anything like that there, you should start writing match reports, I for one would love to read them.