All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

tyroneman

Quote from: redzone on May 04, 2015, 09:28:52 PM
didn't brolly call out Kerry as the most cynical team of them all this year on league sunday after the div 1 final and spillane started shaking his head as if it was lies and looking upto the sky.
sunday game should have journalists on to analyse the game, that would give a fair and decent view of the game instead of the same shite every year.nothing but wum on here.

The problem is Brolly didn't give,say, Tadgh Kenelly all that 'less than a man' sh!te he gave Cavanagh, or lay into Kerry or Dublin players with such venom. He picks his battles usually with a selective memory too....

Fear ón Srath Bán

Maith an fear  Declan Browne, who knows a thing or two about class...

Very proud of our U21's,heartbreaking defeat and hard to accept but let's have no sour grapes,learn from this and drive on #tippfootball
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tippabu

Good half an hour of talk on the local tipp radio station tonight on the game, its the extra time part of the podcast and well worth a listen for the tyrone boys on here, yes there are some points youll take exception to but in the whole I think youll find that we are not as bad losers as we may be portrayed. Our manager was on and explained what happened from his point of view from the dressing room after and that was....the presentation took a long time before if actually happened, our players were cold and wet and headed back to the dressing room, tommy stayed on the pitch, waited till fergal logan done his interviews, congratulated him then did interviews himself, it wasnt until after that he was found out about the dressing room. someone didnt leave fergal in as the lads were showering and what not, its still regrettable but thats what he had to say on it. Heres the link to the podcast and hopefully people wont just pay attention to the odd text in or comment and take it all as a whole. 3mins to 35 is about the match

http://tippfm.com/podcasts

Ive said plenty on the match, maybe my first post on it was over the top but i dont think any of my others were. Congradulations to tyrone and best of luck defending youre ulster and all ireland titles next year. If things go wrong for both of us at senior this year we are both on the same side of the draw and may meet in that, also next year munster are due to play ulster at under 21 so hopefully we'll get a rematch there too

theticklemister

I have not seen the game and I have not read any of this thread......................

But I blame the Tyroneies 100%

Aaron Boone

sligoman

I've been a long time lurker on these boards but I finally felt it worthwhile to join up reading some of the rubbish posted here. Syferus takes the biscuit. I wonder is the sense of irony lost on him talking about diving, cheating, cynicism, defensive football and dirt.

Does he defend the way Roscommon players dived and conned the referee in the 2010 Connacht final, where anytime they felt the slightest touch they flung themselves to the ground. Where they consistently fouled Harrison and Johnny Davey any time they broke out with the ball from the back? Sligo lost that game themselves that way but the gaul of you to claim moral high ground of the so called dark arts of the game.

Roscommon is the same county who had thugs like Grehan and Seamie O'Neill touring the country with absolute dirt on show. I wonder how many players O'Neill buried with punches in his career, he was as big a thug as you'd find in the game. And Grehan now far behind him. Talking about sledging, step forward Curran and Frankie Dolan. Dolan would spend his whole game talking and verbally harrassing the referee and his opponent, hardly the sign of someone playing the game in the right spirit is it? Curran was as unsporting a player you could have and would use every single trick in the book too. Do you have issues with the gamesmanship in the replay with Sligo in 2004 or does you mock outrage only extend to teams who beat ye?

Finally, I seem to remember Roscommon playing every single player they had behind the ball last year in the qualifier with Armagh so concentrate on getting your own house in order before telling us how other teams are ruining the game.

For what it's worth I attended the game between Roscommon and Tyrone and I didn't see any signs of cynicism beyond the norm with Tyrone that day. They were just a better team who were hungrier. The incident you highlighted with Daly and the Tyrone lad seemed to have been instigated by Daly who was giving it as good as he was getting it at the least.

I have to agree with the Tyrone lads here, if Kerry, Dublin or Mayo adopt these tactics they are exonerated as being cute or intelligent. If an Ulster side do it they are thugs and cynical who are ruining the game.

Mayo did it in the 2012 Connacht final with Sligo when Johnny Davey came on and was cynically dragged to the ground on 3 or 4 times in the last few minutes. Barry Moran got a second yellow card for clotheslining him and it was cynical in the extreme. I don't have an issue with Mayo doing it, if Sligo were the team who were two points up in injury time I'd expect us to be doing the same. The issue falls on the referees and how they punish these incidents.

But to hear Syferus, a Roscommon man, riding his high horse about one county being responsible for all the ills of the games when his own county are far from angels is sickening.

I watched the game yesterday, it was good game played in tough conditions with both teams giving it all and doing what it took to win. I thought if anything Tipperary were slightly the more cynical and the midfielder was very lucky not to get the line for what he did to the Tyrone no9 who continued to come in for special treatment all game long. Felt sorry for Tipp at the time as they were desperately unlucky to fall short and the way the game ended with them being denied a chance of an equaliser must have been sickening but I quickly lost that sympathy when hearing the stories of the comments they made after the game and denying the Tyrone manager from offering his commiserations after the game. I certainly can't understand the negativity towards Tyrone on the basis of yesterday and would agree that there seems to be an agenda against Northern teams.

I have seen Sligo play against plenty of Northern sides in my time following GAA and I can safely say I found them a lot less cynical and dirty than some of our closer neighbours.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Hill 16 Blues...LOL

If you don't mind, I'll probably stay with the Ulster slugfest this year, and give the Leinster cakewalk for da bleedin' marvellous Dubs a miss! :D :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Farrandeelin

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 04, 2015, 07:34:42 PM
There's a lot of fear in the anti Tyrone posters. I think they sense that Tyrone are rising again and are making sure to set their stall out to discredit our future success. I understand the weaker counties like Mayo, Roscommon and Derry getting frustrated that Tyrone may dominate again before they've even made a meaningful challenge for Sam. But you'd think the Dubs would be a bit more comfortable in their own skin, but then again, they always had a weak underbelly when they met us in our pomp. I  really hope their fears prove to be correct but I wouldn't be as confident........just yet!  :)

Na, we love playing ye at your best, apart from 08.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

INDIANA

There's a lot of fear in the anti Tyrone posters. I think they sense that Tyrone are rising again and are making sure to set their stall out to discredit our future success. I understand the weaker counties like Mayo, Roscommon and Derry getting frustrated that Tyrone may dominate again before they've even made a meaningful challenge for Sam. But you'd think the Dubs would be a bit more comfortable in their own skin, but then again, they always had a weak underbelly when they met us in our pomp. I  really hope their fears prove to be correct but I wouldn't be as confident........just yet!  :)

If you beat us in the championship once in the next five years I'd be surprised.

No Stephen O Neill's in this Tyrone batch which was the reason you always had the edge on us.

However I think fear factor ended in 2011 after the hiding you shipped that day.

north down

Sligoman, fair play to you for telling it as it is. You might have waited a long time for your first post but it was well worth it.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 04, 2015, 09:40:47 PM
Maith an fear  Declan Browne, who knows a thing or two about class...

Very proud of our U21's,heartbreaking defeat and hard to accept but let's have no sour grapes,learn from this and drive on #tippfootball

I think this is the prevailing view down here. Of course that's not nearly as good for ammunition for the indo to have a pop at Tyrone.

BennyHarp

Quote from: INDIANA on May 04, 2015, 10:11:33 PM

If you beat us in the championship once in the next five years I'd be surprised.

No Stephen O Neill's in this Tyrone batch which was the reason you always had the edge on us.

However I think fear factor ended in 2011 after the hiding you shipped that day.

Yes O'Neill was deadly in 2008 when we stuffed you!  ::) Do you know anything?
That was never a square ball!!

INDIANA

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 04, 2015, 09:56:07 PM
Hill 16 Blues...LOL

If you don't mind, I'll probably stay with the Ulster slugfest this year, and give the Leinster cakewalk for da bleedin' marvellous Dubs a miss! :D :)

To be fair it will make marvellous viewing at detention classes at school. Kids will never step out of line again.

INDIANA

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 04, 2015, 10:16:00 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 04, 2015, 10:11:33 PM

Yes O'Neill was deadly in 2008 when we stuffed you!  ::) Do you know anything?

Well I know the roll of honour and your not on the first page. Give us a shout if you get to double figures some day.

We might have something to worry about then.