All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 04, 2015, 08:27:21 PM
Quote from: Put Up That Flag on May 04, 2015, 08:18:05 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 04, 2015, 07:34:42 PM
I think that's it from me on this thread! Roll on Ballybofey!

Ah no, please continue on this thread trying to defend yere filthy tactics and execution of the dark arts, its the only way ye can win a game you do realise that.

Roll of Ballybofey surely for Donegal showing ye how to play a bit of ball and not kneeing opponents in the face or trying to decapitate opponents with elbows. Haha yeah ye really are a class act. Go on post the pic again of ye lifting the cup to try to cconvince yereselfes ye were the best team.

I'm sure this post makes loads of sense to someone. But you ye seem a bit obsessed with us!

Hang in there Benny with the help of these eejits we'll make it to 100 posts yet in this thread 25%  of it post final celebrations

TIR EOGHAIN ABU!

omaghjoe

Quote from: Syferus on May 04, 2015, 07:43:31 PM
There's a lot of fear in the anti Tyrone posters. I think they sense that Tyrone are rising again and are making sure to set their stall out to discredit our future success. I understand the weaker counties like Mayo, Roscommon and Derry getting frustrated that Tyrone may dominate again before they've even made a meaningful challenge for Sam. But you'd think the Dubs would be a bit more confident in their own skin, but then again, they've always had a weak underbelly. I  really hope their fears prove to be correct but I wouldn't be as confident........just yet!  :)

You know the rule makers will catch up to this stuff eventually, right? What will you do if you really need that 'edge' to win then?

This all reminds me of businessmen writing 'How I Did It' self-help books. They attribute significance to every action or habit in their lives and portray it as being part of the reason they got to where they were - that it was all more or less essential to success. Reality tells you things are far more fractured than that and many acts have no great meaning or influence.

The question of defensive football is actually at one side to all this - it's one thing playing football on the counter but another to be recklessly aggressive seemingly at an organisational level. That's just not what sport is or should be about. Tyrone could have won this AI without elbowing, kneeing or throwing anyone into a goalpost - would that not have been the way to 'stick it' to the critics, to win by just playing a better system and better football?

Not sure how 2nd paragraph relates to first. What you are trying to say in the first is sometimes people create wider reasons for things based on singular events? It is however quite irrelevant to your rantings about Tyrone, which are actually all in your head and has no basis in reality.

Your bias was on show for all to see at half time when you blamed Tyrone for the delay...if the unfortunate chap had  been from Tyrone I am sure it would have been part of Tyrone wide dark side conspiracy.

You really should learn to swallow your pride and catch yourself on its a game of football ffs

StGallsGAA

Thankfully I am greatly encouraged by the former Tyrone county player (whose identity I will protect in light of the hostile and borderline threatening reactions proliferating this thread) who wasn't as myopic in his outlook. Truly there are none so blind as those who will not see.

His anger at how some moronic Tyrone folk attempted to defend the indefensible gives me hope that all is not lost. Here's hoping one day we'll see a less cowardly and more manly brand of football from Tyrone.

Wishing you all a pleasant evening,

The Stallion

How very noble of you Stallion!  Protecting the identity of your ex-Tyrone county player friend.   

How very strange that despite majority of your posts being anti Tyrone vitriol you also have a Tyrone ex-county player as a friend who shares your views of the county despite your obvious hatred of all things Tyrone! 

I expect most Tyrone contributors know a fair few ex-panellists and I doubt if any have met one who is "embarrassed" at the U21 All-Ireland title.  How even more strange then that this so-called ex-county player would share his views with a seething anti-Tyrone bigot like you but not with others?

How even more strange when exposed, you skulk off for the evening?    It could be you've run out of Buckfast but a more likely is you have school tomorrow given the puerile attempt at justifying of your disdainful views.  Next time perhaps try the line. "a fella I know says...." ;)

Syferus

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 04, 2015, 08:47:23 PM
There's a lot of fear in the anti Tyrone posters. I think they sense that Tyrone are rising again and are making sure to set their stall out to discredit our future success. I understand the weaker counties like Mayo, Roscommon and Derry getting frustrated that Tyrone may dominate again before they've even made a meaningful challenge for Sam. But you'd think the Dubs would be a bit more confident in their own skin, but then again, they've always had a weak underbelly. I  really hope their fears prove to be correct but I wouldn't be as confident........just yet!  :)

You know the rule makers will catch up to this stuff eventually, right? What will you do if you really need that 'edge' to win then?

This all reminds me of businessmen writing 'How I Did It' self-help books. They attribute significance to every action or habit in their lives and portray it as being part of the reason they got to where they were - that it was all more or less essential to success. Reality tells you things are far more fractured than that and many acts have no great meaning or influence.

The question of defensive football is actually at one side to all this - it's one thing playing football on the counter but another to be recklessly aggressive seemingly at an organisational level. That's just not what sport is or should be about. Tyrone could have won this AI without elbowing, kneeing or throwing anyone into a goalpost - would that not have been the way to 'stick it' to the critics, to win by just playing a better system and better football?

Not sure how 2nd paragraph relates to first. What you are trying to say in the first is sometimes people create wider reasons for things based on singular events? It is however quite irrelevant to your rantings about Tyrone, which are actually all in your head and has no basis in reality.

Your bias was on show for all to see at half time when you blamed Tyrone for the delay...if the unfortunate chap had  been from Tyrone I am sure it would have been part of Tyrone wide dark side conspiracy.

You really should learn to swallow your pride and catch yourself on its a game of football ffs

Well ok then. I'm biased because I assumed the team not coming out was delaying the match. Serious jump there. They were, it just happened to be for a a very good cause and one I could never have known at the time.

But this all seems like turtling to me - you've all decided everyone is out to get you so you've all went into your defensive modes and try to refute or distract from every point. I have no issue with Tyrone as a county but it's sad when you see good footballers doing stuff that is above and beyond even 'normal' sledging.

Tyrone did some things this year that no supporter could be proud of. It certainly looks to be more institutionalised that it is in most other counties. That's the hard-to-rubbish part of it all and the part that won't go away.

tyroneman

Hmmm...Tadgh Kenelly elbow on Murphy from the throw in, Galvin on Geezer, Dublin dragging Mayo to the ground to see out an AI final, the elbow to Diarmuid Connollys face in the recent league final, Derry 15 man defence and targeting Mulgrew in 2006, Meath v Tyrone AI semi final......

Funny how Kerry are just 'cute hoors' though eh and Dublin are the epitome of purist football.

You can go on ad infinitum with examples of cynical play from the so called artists and artisans alike. 

Tyrone are no saints but they are far from being in a league of their own. The southern media is so myopic it's untrue. Dublin played against Tyrone in the league this year with 13 - 14 men behind the ball in their own half when Tyrone attacked, just as Tyrone did when Dublin had the ball - yet Dublin have now been lauded for having added a defensive 'edge' and Tyrone crucified for blanket negativity.

Both Tyrone and Tipp were involved in unsavoury incidents on Saturday yet Tipp are being portrayed as naive innocents....

If the media called  out Dublin for negative play or Kerry for cynical dirt it would at least provide some balance, until they do however Tyrone people will continue to see a bias in existence.

I would say younger players see (and learn) much more cynical play from club matches every week than anywhere else, I would find it hard to believe that coaches actually practice sledging or take time to teach the art of fouling. Anyone who thinks they do can't have coached much.

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: tyroneman on May 04, 2015, 09:02:50 PM
Hmmm...Tadgh Kenelly elbow on Murphy from the throw in, Galvin on Geezer, Dublin dragging Mayo to the ground to see out an AI final, the elbow to Diarmuid Connollys face in the recent league final, Derry 15 man defence and targeting Mulgrew in 2006, Meath v Tyrone AI semi final......

Funny how Kerry are just 'cute hoors' though eh and Dublin are the epitome of purist football.

You can go on ad infinitum with examples of cynical play from the so called artists and artisans alike. 

Tyrone are no saints but they are far from being in a league of their own. The southern media is so myopic it's untrue. Dublin played against Tyrone in the league this year with 13 - 14 men behind the ball in their own half when Tyrone attacked, just as Tyrone did when Dublin had the ball - yet Dublin have now been lauded for having added a defensive 'edge' and Tyrone crucified for blanket negativity.

Both Tyrone and Tipp were involved in unsavoury incidents on Saturday yet Tipp are being portrayed as naive innocents....

Tyrone won, end of.

Tyrone play football one way only. Dublin will always play attacking football as first option. We've learned through recent bitter experience that the only way you can beat this putrid sh1te is to match it when we have the misfortune to come up against it. Its friggin horrible to watch and is driving people away from the game but Ulster football people don't give a fiddlers about the game or anyone outside of Ulster  Ulster football is what it is.

The game has become what it has become because you can't keep changing the rules as cynical win at all costs teams take advantage of the rules as they are and the fact that the GAA and its referees can't or won't enforce their own existing rules.

I wouldn't cross the road to watch Ulster game. You're all pretty much as bad as each other. Wishful thinking but would be great if you took your putrid version of football with your pulling & dragging, verbal abuse of other teams and chip on the shoulder attitude and p1ssed off to play your own championship. Wouldn't fix everything but would be bloody good start! You are a disease within the game.

Aaron Boone

Despite the cynicism allegedly taught in Tyrone at underage, you still have to put he ball over the bar. And they do that.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on May 04, 2015, 09:18:08 PM

Tyrone won, end of.

Tyrone play football one way only. Dublin will always play attacking football as first option. We've learned through recent bitter experience that the only way you can beat this putrid sh1te is to match it when we have the misfortune to come up against it. Its friggin horrible to watch and is driving people away from the game but Ulster football people don't give a fiddlers about the game or anyone outside of Ulster  Ulster football is what it is.

The game has become what it has become because you can't keep changing the rules as cynical win at all costs teams take advantage of the rules as they are and the fact that the GAA and its referees can't or won't enforce their own existing rules.

I wouldn't cross the road to watch Ulster game. You're all pretty much as bad as each other. Wishful thinking but would be great if you took your putrid version of football with your pulling & dragging, verbal abuse of other teams and chip on the shoulder attitude and p1ssed off to play your own championship. Wouldn't fix everything but would be bloody good start! You are a disease within the game.

Donegal beat Dublin last year 3-14 to 0-17. Nothing putrid or blanket. Tyrone beat Dublin 3-14 to 1-8 in 2008 QF. Again nothing putrid or blanket.

redcard

Tyrone won, end of.

We do and it's quite a competitive one as well.

Max Payne

Tyrone won, end of.

Partionism at its best here. As long as we stay up in our wee corner in the North and genuflect to the Southern kingpins the GAA will be saved.

redzone

didn't brolly call out Kerry as the most cynical team of them all this year on league sunday after the div 1 final and spillane started shaking his head as if it was lies and looking upto the sky.
sunday game should have journalists on to analyse the game, that would give a fair and decent view of the game instead of the same shite every year.nothing but wum on here.

AZOffaly

Jesus that was GBH. Reminds me of the Cameroon lads trying to butcher Claudio Canniggia (sp?) in the World Cup in 1990.

tyroneman

Tyrone won, end of.

Poor Dublin. Dragged down to the level of other teams.

Can you explain the absolute cynicism displayed in the AIF against Mayo when rugby was the order of the day as Dublin closed out the last 10 by pulling, dragging, hauling and fouling any Mayo player with or without the ball?

Can you explain how Donegal rampaged through Dublin last year or did they 'putridly' run up 3-14?

Typical of a certain (minority) breed of Dublin fan .....always an excuse....never an admission......

A shame really as most Dub fans are 100% sound

omaghjoe

Quote from: Syferus on May 04, 2015, 08:59:06 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 04, 2015, 08:47:23 PM

Well ok then. I'm biased because I assumed the team not coming out was delaying the match. Serious jump there. They were, it just happened to be for a avert good cause and one I could never have known at the time.

But this all seems like turtling to me - you've all decided everyone is out to get you so you've all went into your defensive modes and try to refute or distract from every point. I have no issue with Tyrone as a county but it's sad when you see good footballers doing stuff that is above and beyond even 'normal' sledging.

Tyrone did some things this year that no supporter could be proud of. It certainly looks to be more insitualised that it is in most other counties. That's the hard-to-rubbish part of it all and the part that won't go away.

You are because you jumped to the conclusion that the delay was some sort of tactic of the Tyrone management, you had your opinion already proclaimed even before you knew what was happening, its a microcosm for you and this match in general. 

Your delusional theories about dark arts are laughable, you claim to know nothing about Tyrone football but then know what is and isn't institutionalized, so which is it, you know nothing or know everything?

As I said b4 Tyrone are no angels but neither is any county, things like the stamp on McShane happen up and down the country 100s of times a week its part of football fair enough shudnt happen, it shud be called out and punished, but its gonna happen again like it has been for years, so dont get caught up in it so much that your view of the game is distorted to where you think that its trained or tolerated in one particular county.. that's just mad talk

I have not decided every1 is out to get us, I'm just calling out a few eejits who are spouting rubbish that is not based on facts but figments of their own imagination.

Its time to grow up, its perfectly obvious the Tyronies on here are not gonna let you lot away with detracting from a perfectly good honest glorious win

We are all proud of our lads like every supporter is of their team it was a great achievement and they played some great football along the way

TIR EOGHAIN ABU