All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

QuoteThere's surely 100 pages in this

There sure is, especially as Stallion knows how embarrassed former player are..... unless he's making it all up of course .... undoubtedly he's just about to prove me wrong!!! :)    I'd be every bit as ashamed as our ex-players in that case 😱

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: The Black Mamba on May 04, 2015, 05:02:21 PM
The knee to the head from the Tyrone player not a red card? Look practically all the top teams are cynical at times in order to win, the point I think most are trying to make is that Tyrone are guilty of some unsavory , not to mention unnecessary, antics at times. There have been instances in the past where incidents involving Tyrone have been blown out of proportion, Sean Cavanagh's tackle chief among them, but given the way Tyrone go about their business sometimes they do bring it onto themselves.

The stamp from Steven O'Brien on Cathal Mc Shane was a deliberate act, as was the punch - I'd need to see this 'knee to the head' again, is there video of it?

We don't suffer from a persecution complex, but some of the febrile and hypocritical sanctimonious shite from the usual glass-house dwellers is nauseating, not least because of the lack of honesty, where antipathy for Tír Eoghain is dressed up as some kind of over-arching concern for the nobler aspects of the game.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

And I'm no holy Joe! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

The Black Mamba

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 04, 2015, 05:24:09 PM
Quote from: The Black Mamba on May 04, 2015, 05:02:21 PM
The knee to the head from the Tyrone player not a red card? Look practically all the top teams are cynical at times in order to win, the point I think most are trying to make is that Tyrone are guilty of some unsavory , not to mention unnecessary, antics at times. There have been instances in the past where incidents involving Tyrone have been blown out of proportion, Sean Cavanagh's tackle chief among them, but given the way Tyrone go about their business sometimes they do bring it onto themselves.

The stamp from Steven O'Brien on Cathal Mc Shane was a deliberate act, as was the punch - I'd need to see this 'knee to the head' again, is there video of it?

We don't suffer from a persecution complex, but some of the febrile and hypocritical sanctimonious shite from the usual glass-house dwellers is nauseating, not least because of the lack of honesty, where antipathy for Tír Eoghain is dressed up as some kind of over-arching concern for the nobler aspects of the game.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

And I'm no holy Joe! ;)
I'd agree with you on those two incidents, bar the TG4 player I'm not sure. Indeed that's a valid point, say for example the 2013 All Ireland where Dublin consistently pulled and dragged Mayo players down the last few minutes. If it were Tyrone doing that in all likelihood they'd have received much more vilification from the media. My gripe isn't with cynicism in that respect, but just with off the ball stuff that I don't think is necessary and does detract a bit from the very good team that Tyrone were this year.

omaghjoe

Quote from: tiempo on May 04, 2015, 05:39:22 PM

Whos that third from left in the blue jumper? He looks fierce familair

INDIANA

Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 04, 2015, 04:22:02 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 04, 2015, 03:39:46 PM
Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 04, 2015, 02:28:52 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 04, 2015, 02:11:35 PM
Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 04, 2015, 02:05:27 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 04, 2015, 02:02:05 PM
Still a bit unbelievable that none of the Tyrone supporters will admit to the blatantly obvious about their own team. Look, you had good footballers but if you can't see something institutional about the cynicism - which in both the AISF and AI final this year went so far as to seriously endanger the health of their opponents on numerous occasions in an attempt to win - then there really is no point in the rest of us trying to converse with you. Tyrone (and Donegal under Jim) have a win at all costs mentality that goes above and beyond what most other counties are willing to do. Trying to distract from that fact with an incident where a Tipp player stamped on a Tyrone player doesn't really wash with most people either.

Live in the world where it's all one great big media conspiracy.

im not sure what your point is - seriously. do you really think that Tyrone coach cynicism at all levels? Just because Joe Brolly said it on tv therefor it MUST be true...?

I don't profess to have any knowledge of what Tyrone teach or preach behind closed doors but the mentality is plain for anyone to see. Maybe it's just in the ether in the county now and every young team takes up the mantle of the teams they grew up watching. I doubt the players are being told to stop it and they continually take the field and ignore the wishes of their coaches - if it isn't being coached it certainly isn't being actively coached against. Whatever the case it exists and it's something Tyrone would be better off without.

I would say that the younger players try and emulate the older ones for sure - but i suspect that if youngsters want to be copying sean cavanagh they have a greater body of work to copy from in terms of point taking against mcmanus pull downs.

my point is that everyone is throwing stones in their own glass house....the media have made tyrone unpopular and they certainly are not the only team that want to win with the team they have...Kerry, cork, donegal, cavan, Monaghan, armagh all do their best to win 0- at all costs and Id arguably say that only Mayo and Dublin are teams in any way able to take the moral high ground...and to that i'd say just watch what dublin and mayo do to win this year

Absolute horsehit. Tyrone have made tyrone unpopular.

Whether it was kneeing opponents in the back, sourcing opponents girlsfriends numbers and reciting them over and over to their opponents during matches, spitting, gouging- I'm struggling to think of the last time Martin Breheny did that.

Could you point one out please.

Tyrone have a rap sheet because they created it- nobody else

Really?
Stephen O'Neill v Cork in Anthony Lynch in 2009
Peter Harte v Mayo 2013
Dooher, Canavan, mcBride v Meath 1996
McKeever v cavanagh 2014

you ask any of the 1993-94 Down team and they will tell you that Derry were a dirty shower...but given that there were only 1-2 cameras, the stuff stayed well hidden...its not a new thing and its not a tyrone thing

You have a myopic view of Tyrone - Im not saying we are saints but the media have unquestionably exacerbated the situation, lead by Brolly, Cummiskey et al

in 2005 or 2006 Paul galvin hit Kieran mcgeeny 3 times in 20 minutes - all illegal....Cavan, Donegal, Cork...f**k sake...every team have their moments...it is what it is....

hardly the fault of u21s or the assumption that the managers have systematically coached players from an early age? Sure thing joe brolly...

I don't have a myopic view. We'd plenty of hard men in Dublin over the years who went well overboard on the pitch but I'd never suggest it was a media conspiracy that highlighted the offences or were responsible for committing them. That's pure horseshit. I'd never ask for a free pass for them. They are damned by their own God damn actions. There is one or two individuals on the current Dublin team I wouldn't have involved for that reason.

You have chosen a certain way to play the game in the last 12 years. Grow up and accept the consequences that come with it.

If you don't want the media to analyse it- take your ball and go home with and petition the GAA to put all your games behind closed doors.

You've had some great footballers but also some downright nasty characters playing for you over the last 12 years and in the last 3-4 years I've seen both your minors and u21's engaged in ruthless cynical tackling off and on the ball.

don't tell me that having being involved in coaching for 35 years that this isn't practiced and rehearsed on the training pitch and it's simply "all down to the players" Players re-iterate what they do on the training pitch- its why teams train.

You won the u21 on Saturday and good luck to you but spare us the poor mouth stories of being victimised by the media. If you want to change the message- change the story and play the game a different way. Until then put a sock in it and accept the consequences that come with it.

Big deal if the Tipp manager didn't want you in the dressing room. He wasn't happy with what went on and that's his democratic right. We don't need the likes of Philip Jordan tweeting what an embarassement it was. There was a few characters that Philip played with that were an embarassement as well but he won't tweet about that.

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 04, 2015, 05:13:28 PM
f**k them - haters gonna hate
u21 Champions agus sin ė

Only because of yere filthy tactics, not because ye had near the best players or team,  but fair play ye probably think that is the norm within yere county as that is the only way ye play at all levels,  ye are institutionalised ;D ;D ;D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Meanwhile, the crushing, pulverising reality of Tír Eoghain club football: http://tyronetribulations.com/

:D

INDIANA, lighten up, life's too short.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tiempo

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on May 04, 2015, 06:05:44 PM
u21 Champions agus sin ė

Only because of yere filthy tactics, not because ye had near the best players or team,  but fair play ye probably think that is the norm within yere county as that is the only way ye play at all levels,  ye are institutionalised ;D ;D ;D

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: tiempo on May 04, 2015, 06:10:06 PM
u21 Champions agus sin ė

Thats it keep posting the pic, haha, if you see it and post it enough you might convince yereselves ye deserved it with yere brand off "football", bless!

omaghjoe

Quote from: INDIANA on May 04, 2015, 05:57:02 PM
Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 04, 2015, 04:22:02 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 04, 2015, 03:39:46 PM
Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 04, 2015, 02:28:52 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 04, 2015, 02:11:35 PM
Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 04, 2015, 02:05:27 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 04, 2015, 02:02:05 PM
Still a bit unbelievable that none of the Tyrone supporters will admit to the blatantly obvious about their own team. Look, you had good footballers but if you can't see something institutional about the cynicism - which in both the AISF and AI final this year went so far as to seriously endanger the health of their opponents on numerous occasions in an attempt to win - then there really is no point in the rest of us trying to converse with you. Tyrone (and Donegal under Jim) have a win at all costs mentality that goes above and beyond what most other counties are willing to do. Trying to distract from that fact with an incident where a Tipp player stamped on a Tyrone player doesn't really wash with most people either.

Live in the world where it's all one great big media conspiracy.

im not sure what your point is - seriously. do you really think that Tyrone coach cynicism at all levels? Just because Joe Brolly said it on tv therefor it MUST be true...?

I don't profess to have any knowledge of what Tyrone teach or preach behind closed doors but the mentality is plain for anyone to see. Maybe it's just in the ether in the county now and every young team takes up the mantle of the teams they grew up watching. I doubt the players are being told to stop it and they continually take the field and ignore the wishes of their coaches - if it isn't being coached it certainly isn't being actively coached against. Whatever the case it exists and it's something Tyrone would be better off without.

I would say that the younger players try and emulate the older ones for sure - but i suspect that if youngsters want to be copying sean cavanagh they have a greater body of work to copy from in terms of point taking against mcmanus pull downs.

my point is that everyone is throwing stones in their own glass house....the media have made tyrone unpopular and they certainly are not the only team that want to win with the team they have...Kerry, cork, donegal, cavan, Monaghan, armagh all do their best to win 0- at all costs and Id arguably say that only Mayo and Dublin are teams in any way able to take the moral high ground...and to that i'd say just watch what dublin and mayo do to win this year

Absolute horsehit. Tyrone have made tyrone unpopular.

Whether it was kneeing opponents in the back, sourcing opponents girlsfriends numbers and reciting them over and over to their opponents during matches, spitting, gouging- I'm struggling to think of the last time Martin Breheny did that.

Could you point one out please.

Tyrone have a rap sheet because they created it- nobody else

Really?
Stephen O'Neill v Cork in Anthony Lynch in 2009
Peter Harte v Mayo 2013
Dooher, Canavan, mcBride v Meath 1996
McKeever v cavanagh 2014

you ask any of the 1993-94 Down team and they will tell you that Derry were a dirty shower...but given that there were only 1-2 cameras, the stuff stayed well hidden...its not a new thing and its not a tyrone thing

You have a myopic view of Tyrone - Im not saying we are saints but the media have unquestionably exacerbated the situation, lead by Brolly, Cummiskey et al

in 2005 or 2006 Paul galvin hit Kieran mcgeeny 3 times in 20 minutes - all illegal....Cavan, Donegal, Cork...f**k sake...every team have their moments...it is what it is....

hardly the fault of u21s or the assumption that the managers have systematically coached players from an early age? Sure thing joe brolly...

I don't have a myopic view. We'd plenty of hard men in Dublin over the years who went well overboard on the pitch but I'd never suggest it was a media conspiracy that highlighted the offences or were responsible for committing them. That's pure horseshit. I'd never ask for a free pass for them. They are damned by their own God damn actions. There is one or two individuals on the current Dublin team I wouldn't have involved for that reason.

You have chosen a certain way to play the game in the last 12 years. Grow up and accept the consequences that come with it.

If you don't want the media to analyse it- take your ball and go home with and petition the GAA to put all your games behind closed doors.

You've had some great footballers but also some downright nasty characters playing for you over the last 12 years and in the last 3-4 years I've seen both your minors and u21's engaged in ruthless cynical tackling off and on the ball.

don't tell me that having being involved in coaching for 35 years that this isn't practiced and rehearsed on the training pitch and it's simply "all down to the players" Players re-iterate what they do on the training pitch- its why teams train.

You won the u21 on Saturday and good luck to you but spare us the poor mouth stories of being victimised by the media. If you want to change the message- change the story and play the game a different way. Until then put a sock in it and accept the consequences that come with it.

Big deal if the Tipp manager didn't want you in the dressing room. He wasn't happy with what went on and that's his democratic right. We don't need the likes of Philip Jordan tweeting what an embarassement it was. There was a few characters that Philip played with that were an embarassement as well but he won't tweet about that.

Utter nonsense

Who said the media didnt have a right to highlight it? Its the unevenness of the media in highlighting Tyrone as perpetrators of some sort type of dark arts when the whole country is at it and have been for years.

Anyway most of the stuff in this thread has been about what other posters are saying like yourself. Who are coming out with prescript ed bullshit.

Your right about some of the players Philly Jordan Philly Jordan playing with being an embarrassment tho. The Moy had five (four at least) county men at one stage and they still couldnt stay in Senior football! Their non county players were a total embarrassment

Democratic right WTF are you on about? Did the dressing room take a vote on it? What was the result?
Catch yourself on!

Catch and Kick

Are these critics for real?
Tipperary disappointed me with their reactions post final.
Game over. They lost.
Had chances and didn't take them.
Ref was poor - what a shambles refereeing is in.
I think they should take their ire out on Croke Park and the whole officiating at games.
Have nothing but admiration for Tyrone. And I'm a Leinster man.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on May 04, 2015, 06:14:40 PM
Quote from: tiempo on May 04, 2015, 06:10:06 PM
u21 Champions agus sin ė

Thats it keep posting the pic, haha, if you see it and post it enough you might convince yereselves ye deserved it with yere brand off "football", bless!

No worries  :D

GJL

The more Tyrone bashing the better as far as I'm concerned. When the complaint stops I'll be worried.

DermyTDredi

Quote from: Catch and Kick on May 04, 2015, 06:23:32 PM
Are these critics for real?
Tipperary disappointed me with their reactions post final.
Game over. They lost.
Had chances and didn't take them.
Ref was poor - what a shambles refereeing is in.
I think they should take their ire out on Croke Park and the whole officiating at games.
Have nothing but admiration for Tyrone. And I'm a Leinster man.

As a tyrone man, Im grateful to hear comments like that - I dont think we set out to please people but we certainly dont set out to attract the level of unwarranted criticism. Will take the heat when we deserve it for sure - this is a young team who played a great championship and as deserved winners would be allowed there moment in the spotlight - no guarantee it will be replicated...
GRMA