All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I know Joe Hannigan fairly well, and he is very passionate about Tipp football. Because of this, and because of how invested he is emotionally in the 2020 vision, he sometimes says things he shouldn't. This is one of those times. If he is bitching and whinging, in Joe Duffy mode, he is not doing himself nor the cause he loves any good and I'm sure he will realise this very quickly when the pain of the defeat starts to wear off a bit.

rrhf, don't worry a bit about Tipp football. They may never make the breakthrough at senior level, but it won't be for the want of trying, nor will it be for the want of learning from defeats such as this. They know what they are doing, and everyone is pulling in the one direction. Tipp are not going to go away any time soon, and I'm convinced they will win at least a Munster in the short to medium term. The players are there, the preparation has improved immensely and they have good men over them.

As regards the Tyrone manager not being let into the dressing room, I'm not sure why that would have happened. It doesn't sound like Tommy Twomey to me. He's a very amenable man. It may have been some sort of misunderstanding or bad timing. I hope that is the case. Maybe I'll hear that something else was going on in the coming days.

Syferus

In fairness if you felt the other team had mugged their way to an AI title (that's not even my personal opinion, but it appears to be one that some segments of Tipp believe) then it would have been disingenuous in the extreme for Tipp to let the brains of that operation come along and try to be a sportsman only when it suited. That's the least of anyone's worries.

An Watcher

Didn't record yesterday's game. Is it being repeated or are there any link to it?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on May 03, 2015, 05:22:02 PM
In fairness if you felt the other team had mugged their way to an AI title (that's not even my personal opinion, but it appears to be one that some segments of Tipp believe) then it would have been disingenuous in the extreme for Tipp to let the brains of that operation come along and try to be a sportsman only when it suited. That's the least of anyone's worries.

You chose this word. Explain how Tyrone mugged their way to this AI!
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

You don't know feargal logan.   He will teach you boys sportsmanship. An absolute gentleman.

imtommygunn

Quote from: rrhf on May 03, 2015, 05:30:54 PM
You don't know feargal logan.   He will teach you boys sportsmanship. An absolute gentleman.

I don't know the man but some of his rants are a bit embarassing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 03, 2015, 05:33:15 PM

So list the names of AI winning managers who aren't prone to human condition lapses. I can wait! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on May 03, 2015, 05:22:02 PM

You say nothing, you learn from it, and you come back twice as ready the next time. I'm not sure what you mean by the brains of the operation, or being a sportsman only when it suited. You should be sportsmanlike all the time if you can, and if you can't then just shut up until you can speak.

Whatever you may think or feel can be held internally and used when the next appropriate situation arises. And I'm sure that's what is happening in Tipp, no matter what Joe says out of frustration on air.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 03, 2015, 05:36:57 PM

So list the names of AI winning managers who aren't prone to human condition lapses. I can wait! ;)

Not of that scale but any which way doesn't invalidate my point so not a particularly relevant question...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 03, 2015, 05:44:53 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 03, 2015, 05:36:57 PM

Not of that scale but any which way doesn't invalidate my point so not a particularly relevant question...

Please explain yourself so, embarrassing to whom exactly?

imtommygunn

quite a lot of people really. Personally i found it embarassing listening to the nonsense about southern media not even knowing the names of players. It was like he'd been watching alex ferguson or jose mourinho not a gaa interview. There wasn't much sense of rationale behind it.

What does it matter as he won the ai but it's cringeworthy stuff.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Well, if he wasn't actually correct in what he was saying it would be embarrassing. I'm embarrassed for you, and others.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Íseal agus crua isteach a on May 03, 2015, 04:15:37 PM
I was surprised Tyrone didn't have a second strip yesterday it looked like they came out with the wet ones from the first half. Dose any one know if Tyrone will have many of them players next year?

I assume you mean how many of this years u21 team are still available next year - I believe it is 7 started from yesterday plus at least another 4/5 of the subs. Tyrone lost AI final in 2013 so should be strong

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Quote from: Mikhailov on May 03, 2015, 06:13:43 PM
Quote from: Íseal agus crua isteach a on May 03, 2015, 04:15:37 PM
I was surprised Tyrone didn't have a second strip yesterday it looked like they came out with the wet ones from the first half. Dose any one know if Tyrone will have many of them players next year?

I assume you mean how many of this years u21 team are still available next year - I believe it is 7 started from yesterday plus at least another 4/5 of the subs. Tyrone lost AI final in 2013 so should be strong

I mine Cathal McShane coming off the bench that day and changing the whole game around. Unfortunately he wasn't introduced quicker. Future looks good for Tyrone. I'd say these two teams could possibly meet next year as well.

imtommygunn

I think i can live with you being embarassed with or for me.

Yes some people need to be slightly less sore losers but at least one has the excuse it was raw. No excuse for the others. I said nothing about your victory or the game yesterday. To me i thought tyrone were a much better physically conditioned team and this helped a lot a) in conditions and b) in the tackling/ dispossesing and ultimately in my view won them the game as there was little in it football wise. Also they were tactically a bit savvier. If the ball had broke more for him on quite a few occassions mcnulty would have been one on one and tyrone were never going to be in this position the other end. Also the goal wouldn't have happened at the other end of the field as a tipp man wouldn't have ran that far without being closed down.

If that's the way logan gets on though i hope if he takes over your senior seat he retains the rte media ban :D