All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

Ooops, just noticed the Ulster U-21 thread.  Are we out of the All-Ireland already?

Oraisteach

Thanks, drici.  I'll settle for the 80 degree temps here and try and get armaghtv.

Syferus

Quote from: gibbs32 on March 18, 2015, 08:55:04 PM
Cant wait for final v dublin. We are due to turn them over and we have a very shrewd manager in mark dowd and some serious sharp shooters

Did you log into the wrong account Larryin.

moysider

Quote from: Shrewdness on March 18, 2015, 08:50:39 PM
Ros won 6-18 to 0-12

God between us and all harm.
Looks like Mayo and Galway will be trying to lose other semi.

gibbs32

Not sure who d infamous larryin is but you certainly have a soft spot. The reality is this roscommon u21/senior is the best we have produced in a generation. Which is why we are streets ahead of mayo/galway in u21 and will win connaught with a bit to spare.no other team bar dublin are on this level. Its not scientific or a coincidence ourselves and dubs have a top top underage structure which we in roscommon worked damned hard since 2005.the fruits we are bearing but now we have depth,coaching model,financial structure and a very loyal fan base.other counties could do this if they followed roscommons blueprint from 2005. Which is just after we went bust. Ee should be an example for teams around the country

galwayman

Galway Mayo semi on Saturday could go either way but neither of them will beat Ros.
That's the reality this year.
This is an exceptional Roscommon team.
I thought at the outset of the year they would win the All Ireland and haven't changed my mind since.

Just as a matter of interest - the goalie that was on the Sigerson winning team in DCU this year - is he the u21 goalie for Ros this year?

Syferus

Quote from: galwayman on March 18, 2015, 09:36:51 PM
Galway Mayo semi on Saturday could go either way but neither of them will beat Ros.
I thought at the outset of the year they would win the All Ireland and haven't changed my mind since.

Just as a matter of interest - the goalie that was on the Sigerson winning team in DCU this year - is he the u21 goalie for Ros this year?

Overage since 2013, Lowe is doing a Masters in DCU now. He was the keeper in 2013 against ye in the Connacht final at the Hyde.

mjg

Quote from: galwayman on March 18, 2015, 09:36:51 PM

no shane mannion st brigids

larryin89

That's crazy talk imo , how can you even know for sure how good roscommon are ,I'm not saying it won't happen but how anyone can know that stuff for definite about an underage team .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

mjg

Quote from: gibbs32 on March 18, 2015, 09:18:01 PM
Not sure who d infamous larryin is but you certainly have a soft spot. The reality is this roscommon u21/senior is the best we have produced in a generation. Which is why we are streets ahead of mayo/galway in u21 and will win connaught with a bit to spare.no other team bar dublin are on this level. Its not scientific or a coincidence ourselves and dubs have a top top underage structure which we in roscommon worked damned hard since 2005.the fruits we are bearing but now we have depth,coaching model,financial structure and a very loyal fan base.other counties could do this if they followed roscommons blueprint from 2005. Which is just after we went bust. Ee should be an example for teams around the country
Thirteen posts an already a pain in the hole

Shrewdness

gibbs, you forgot to mention the bus!!...To be honest, i don't know how you can say we are better than Mayo or Galway at U-21 when that fact still has to be proven this year.

moysider

Bit of straight talkin from Gibbs and his confidence seems to be well placed judging on that result anyway.

Mayo, in contrast, huffed and puffed against Leitrim and were anything but convincing. Maybe that game will act as a sighter for Saturday's match but no more than hopeful of a result v Galway.

Shrewdness

I heard that Dublin beat Longford ,2-15 to 3-7 and Kildare beat Meath.

moysider

Modest enough by the Dubs. Roscommon's to lose.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on March 18, 2015, 09:51:48 PM

Bit of straight talkin from Gibbs and his confidence seems to be well placed judging on that result anyway.

Mayo, in contrast, huffed and puffed against Leitrim and were anything but convincing. Maybe that game will act as a sighter for Saturday's match but no more than hopeful of a result v Galway.

Yea, I'm hoping more than expecting v Galway. I don't know if this management is getting the best out of the players, or the players aren't good enough.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.