All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: maigheo on February 17, 2015, 10:41:52 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 17, 2015, 02:26:24 PM
The CBs decision not to appoint a specific U21 manager will severely impact our chances of being competitive here.
Cannot understand this and I think it was the same last year with Bealin having the ladies manager training the team.Any reason why this is the case or is it a  cost saving exercise?

Yep, same last year and purely a cost saving exercise. Clubs did their best this year to get dedicated U21 manager in but were outmanoeuvred.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Hound

Quote from: DonAsh on February 17, 2015, 08:50:14 PM
My prediction for provincial U21 winners is Dublin, Kerry, Roscommon & Armagh.

In Leinster Meath despite being all Ireland minor finalists in 2012 will not feature as they suffered a series of heavy defeats in the Hastings Cup.
I know feck all about Meath, but thought I read that they have a number of U21s on their senior panel now, including both starting midfielders. Presumably they wouldnt have been involved in the Hastings Cup so the U21 championship team should be significantly stronger

Hound

Quote from: INDIANA on February 17, 2015, 11:43:58 PM

we won the 2012 minor title and its there year.

Nowhere near a fair compli but with conor mc hugh and Costello up front it's not a bad start. Shane Carthy at midfield. David Byrne at full back . Gavin Burke at wing forward. Niall Scully the other side. Colm Basquel, Eoin Murchan

It's a tasty team
We've lost some big players from last year's team - McCaffrey, Small, Mannion and the two Raheny midfielders.

But we've 8 players who started both the 2012 minor and the 2014 U21 All Ireland finals, which is a nice starting base. And we can add Carthy, Burke, Basquel and Murchan, who for various reasons didn't feature in last year's U21 final, so on paper we're very strong alright.

INDIANA

Quote from: Hound on February 18, 2015, 11:10:00 AM
Quote from: DonAsh on February 17, 2015, 08:50:14 PM
My prediction for provincial U21 winners is Dublin, Kerry, Roscommon & Armagh.

In Leinster Meath despite being all Ireland minor finalists in 2012 will not feature as they suffered a series of heavy defeats in the Hastings Cup.
I know feck all about Meath, but thought I read that they have a number of U21s on their senior panel now, including both starting midfielders. Presumably they wouldnt have been involved in the Hastings Cup so the U21 championship team should be significantly stronger

I'd actually have Meath as favourites for the Leinster u21 this year. Can they handle the favourites tag is the issue for them

Rossfan

I believe Tyrone bet Monaghan in some Ulster U21 thingy today.
Obviously Ulster sewn up and sure who from the weak Provinces could stop them.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Tonights Leinster u21 Results

Longford 4-13 Wicklow 1-05
Laois 4-12 Wexford 1-11
Louth 3-11 Carlow 2-10
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

elk

Quote from: Rossfan on February 22, 2015, 04:54:03 PM
Fancy Derry for Ulster . Handy enough home tie against Down to start off.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

twohands!!!

Wexford had a lad called Robert Vaillejo playing corner-back.

Favourite GAA name I've seen so far this year.

gibbs32

The rossies will will make it third time lucky. Far better team along with dubs

Captain Obvious

Quote from: elk on February 25, 2015, 09:08:23 PM
Cavan must have ten or eleven of last years U21s still underage they remain the team to beat in Ulster.

Old yeller

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 26, 2015, 12:57:15 AM
Cavan must have ten or eleven of last years U21s still underage they remain the team to beat in Ulster.
I think so, some of the team will be going for their 2nd and 3rd Ulster U21, some experience to have.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Old yeller on February 26, 2015, 08:40:04 AM
I think so, some of the team will be going for their 2nd and 3rd Ulster U21, some experience to have.

Someone from down that way said to me a while back that the Kerry team is likely to have a highish chunk of the lads who won minor involved in the starting 15 and as a result they might struggle physically. Anyone know more on this?

Blowitupref

Quote from: twohands!!! on February 26, 2015, 09:53:14 AM
Quote from: Old yeller on February 26, 2015, 08:40:04 AM

Someone from down that way said to me a while back that the Kerry team is likely to have a highish chunk of the lads who won minor involved in the starting 15 and as a result they might struggle physically. Anyone know more on this?
Looking at their Hastings cup teams Kerry were only starting 3 or 4 of last years minors and another few on the bench. Kerry won Munster minor in 2013 a large chunk of their U21 team will likely be from that side.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

You never want to be starting more than three or four graduated minors their first year at minor.