Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: cicfada on August 25, 2013, 11:36:34 PM
Quote from: highorlow on August 25, 2013, 11:31:52 PM
As predicted closer than most Mayo posters made it to be. We got out of jail today and no disrespect to Tyrone but if that was Dublin in the 1st half playing in their home pitch than I think we were codswalloped.

Sam is Dublins to lose now.

p.s. fair play to Tyrone fans for staying on and applauding their team until the end. Ye are true gaels.
A mayo man crying out for underdog status, talk about pathetic! Mayo have been the best team in the country this summer and will win the final handy ! Time for ye to show some confidence in them !

We won by 6 points and were 10 points up at one stage. I think Most Mayo fans were saying Mayo would win in the 5-10 point range.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Bensars

Quote from: Syferus on August 25, 2013, 11:35:45 PM
Quote from: Bensars on August 25, 2013, 11:33:07 PM
Well done Mayo. Better side end of. Good luck in final.

However,

What was amazing was the complete omission of any viewpoint on Aiden o Sheas throat grab and subsequent cheating whereby he went down holding his face, when replays showed Packie mc Connell made no contact anywhere near his face ?

The previous week it was cynicism, coached at underage levels, permeating down to u-16 levels and a total blight on what was good in the game!

I find it totally incredulous that this incident should go unchallenged and totally hypocritical two weeks later upon previously whereby it was a total affront to western society that resulted in deformation of an individuals character!

Ould Pascal is no stranger to silly stuff, he wanted a boxing match with Donie Shine at the end of our game last year.

And the price of spuds is ?

Nothing whatsoever to do with incident in question.

O Shea is a cheat. Simple . No question of a tackle .But blatant simulation !

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Syferus on August 25, 2013, 11:38:25 PM
As predicted closer than most Mayo posters made it to be. We got out of jail today and no disrespect to Tyrone but if that was Dublin in the 1st half playing in their home pitch than I think we were codswalloped.

p.s. fair play to Tyrone fans for staying on and applauding their team until the end. Ye are true gaels.

Massive amount abandoned ship with ten minutes to go, made watching the match hard with the stream of white jerseys going by. To be expected in an AISF when teams take on the big-time band-wagoners.

Trust me Syf, Rossie fans are similar to Mayo and Tyrone ones in that they support their team in good numbers, but I have witnessed Rossies leave in their thousands with 15-20 minutes to go on so many occasions.

whitey

Refs decisions didn't change the outcome of the game

Even though O Shea was acting the tool, Tyrone goalie should have had a yellow and it should have been a hop ball (maybe free in....I don't know the exact rule)

Mayo goal disallowed for nothing

At least one of Tyrone's first half frees that they scored was a fair tackle by the Mayo player

Cunniffes challenge was rock solid....no foul there

Penalty not a Penalty...not even a free in in

Foot block was not a foot block.....he was moving into position to make a challenge.  (I think Mayo minors had a penalty against them for something similar last year and all the commentators agreed it was no penalty)

Syferus

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 25, 2013, 11:37:01 PM

However,

What was amazing was the complete omission of any viewpoint on Aiden o Sheas throat grab and subsequent cheating whereby he went down holding his face, when replays showed Packie mc Connell made no contact anywhere near his face ?

The previous week it was cynicism, coached at underage levels, permeating down to u-16 levels and a total blight on what was good in the game!

I find it totally incredulous that this incident should go unchallenged and totally hypocritical two weeks later upon previously whereby it was a total affront to western society that resulted in deformation of an individuals character!

You seemed to miss Pascal McConnell's third man attack of Aidan and he didn't even get booked.

Absolutely. AOS played on because he hadn't hear the whistle but Pascal was looking at the ref and certainly knew the play was over but still took the opportunity to give AOS a cheap shot.

Bensars

O Shea went down holding his face - when in fact , no contact was made near his face

It can be buttered any way you like but it was blatant cheating !

Syferus

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 25, 2013, 11:41:25 PM

Massive amount abandoned ship with ten minutes to go, made watching the match hard with the stream of white jerseys going by. To be expected in an AISF when teams take on the big-time band-wagoners.

Trust me Syf, Rossie fans are similar to Mayo and Tyrone ones in that they support their team in good numbers, but I have witnessed Rossies leave in their thousands with 15-20 minutes to go on so many occasions.

No one proud enough to call himself a true Rossie would leave before the 70th minute no matter the size of the hammering :-*

babarino

Enjoyable game for a neutral today.

Aspects of Tyrone's game aren't appealing, but the prospect of Enda Kenny jumping on a Sam Maguire winning bandwagon doesn't appeal much either.

In raw footballing terms, hats off to Mayo, who got a good test, even if the result was clear 15 minutes out.

Losing Peter Harte was a blow. Gormley was putting himself about, McGinley was up for it.

If you look at the slow mo you'll see it wasn't a foot block - ball hit his upper shin. Don't envy the task of a ref in today's game, but generally Deegan had a 'fair' game.

Hopefully Sam will head due west. Well deserved.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Bensars on August 25, 2013, 11:44:35 PM
O Shea went down holding his face - when in fact , no contact was made near his face

It can be buttered any way you like but it was blatant cheating !

What about Pascal hitting a man down? (simulating or for real).

whitey

Can someone please call Mid West and ask for a blanket ban on all Mayo 4Sam songs....it's getting tedious at this point

Zulu

Quote from: hardstation on August 25, 2013, 11:31:36 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 25, 2013, 11:29:50 PM
Not even related to a penalty. You don't know what a foot block is if you think it was a free.
You don't know what a free is if you think that was a legitimate block.

I clearly do but you don't. It isn't even a debate though you've yourself convinced something happened which didn't.

Syferus

Quote from: babarino on August 25, 2013, 11:46:37 PM
Enjoyable game for a neutral today.

Aspects of Tyrone's game aren't appealing, but the prospect of Enda Kenny jumping on a Sam Maguire winning bandwagon doesn't appeal much either.

In raw footballing terms, hats off to Mayo, who got a good test, even if the result was clear 15 minutes out.

Losing Peter Harte was a blow. Gormley was putting himself about, McGinley was up for it.

If you look at the slow mo you'll see it wasn't a foot block - ball hit his upper shin. Don't envy the task of a ref in today's game, but generally Deegan had a 'fair' game.

Hopefully Sam will head due west. Well deserved.

You do know the lad is a true gael and was the secretary (iirc) of his local local, right? He could hardly be accused of band-wagoning on this one.

barelegs

Reflecting on the year for Tyrone there were certainly more positives than negitives.

When you take the young fellas on the Tyrone team today then there are reasons for optimism. The likes of McKenna, McGinley and McAliskey weren't even on the squad this time a year ago. All those lads acquitted themselves well today. The experience will stand to them.

Tyrone have progressed to a certain point but we need to go away and find a couple more players to win at this level again, something we haven't done in 5 or 6 years now (yes it's that long). There are fellas in the squad who I think can make a difference if they are given a chance at this level, the likes of Conan Grugan and Sean Warnock to name two who didn't feature but have serious futures if their attitude is right.

Mickey has 3-4 months to find a proper man marking corner back, another decent midfielder and a playmaker in the McGuigan mould. Perhaps it's a big ask but there'll be enough championship football played over the next 2 months for it to be more than idle hope.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Syferus on August 25, 2013, 11:44:39 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 25, 2013, 11:41:25 PM

No one proud enough to call himself a true Rossie would leave before the 70th minute no matter the size of the hammering :-*

Remember a game in late 90's / early 00's, there were about 40,000 in McHale, the Rossies fancied themselves to win. A good 15,000 of the crowd was Rossie, Mayo hammered over point after point like a training session, the Rossies were tripping over themselves trying to get out. If there were 300 Rossies in the stadium at the end of the game it would be generous.

Zulu

Quote from: Syferus on August 25, 2013, 11:43:06 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 25, 2013, 11:37:01 PM

However,

You seemed to miss Pascal McConnell's third man attack of Aidan and he didn't even get booked.

Absolutely. AOS played on because he hadn't hear the whistle but Pascal was looking at the ref and certainly knew the play was over but still took the opportunity to give AOS a cheap shot.

Lets be fair here O'Shea's actions were an embarrassment to the GAA, no defending that.