Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 23, 2013, 12:48:53 AM
F... me Oneill how do you keep this going 18500 posts you must have no job and a very understanding good lady.

Unbelievable dedication to the cause.

I have no woman and no job. Thanks for humiliating me.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ONeill on August 23, 2013, 12:56:19 AM
F... me Oneill how do you keep this going 18500 posts you must have no job and a very understanding good lady.

I have no woman and no job. Thanks for humiliating me.

& no hope on sunday (sorry O'Neill)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

SkillfulBill

Seamus has up until this year had better judgement than Aidan, which is an essential quality of a good footballer. In 2013 Aidan has got his judgement right.

If Horan asks him to shadow big Sean on sunday I hope he has the good sense to use his better judgement and tell him to go feck himself.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 23, 2013, 12:59:00 AM
Seamus has up until this year had better judgement than Aidan, which is an essential quality of a good footballer. In 2013 Aidan has got his judgement right.

If Horan asks him to shadow big Sean on sunday I hope he has the good sense to use his better judgement and tell him to go feck himself.

It will be Seamus on Sean if they have any direct match up. (By the way, how the feck are you quoting, you're making a hames of it).

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Syferus on August 23, 2013, 12:55:32 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 23, 2013, 12:53:55 AM
Yeah, whatever, no point you even worrying about it so.

I have to attend the bleeding thing, I just hope I won't be bored to tears by yet another Harlem Globetrotters exhibition game by Mayo.

Ah right, OK, we'll try to prevent that, honestly.  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

SkillfulBill

Posting on tge phone its a bollix for copying.  Technically challenged up here.

SkillfulBill

Ah O'Neill that explains it then . Did you have a job and a wife before you started posting then.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 23, 2013, 01:04:05 AM
Posting on tge phone its a bollix for copying.  Technically challenged up here.

You're forgiven, I am not the best with tech myself.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 23, 2013, 01:01:59 AM

I have to attend the bleeding thing, I just hope I won't be bored to tears by yet another Harlem Globetrotters exhibition game by Mayo.

He is confused, trying to ride our coat tails on this thread and on the Minor championship thread claiming if Roscommon won the minors and Mayo won the Seniors they would somehow take the good out of it. It's as daft as saying if ye won Sam, Monaghan winning the minors would ruin it on ye (and ye haven't had a 62 year wait). I like the Rossies, Syf included, but the desperation is really showing.

omagh_gael

@Rois.

How were things up in Garvaghy this evening? I am hearing they could barely get a dozen men out on the training field for fear of what is going to happen on Sunday. It's a good job the GPA have a counselling service available for our elite players. There will be some waiting list for the Ulster therapist come Monday morning.

Lar Naparka

O'Neill is a teacher. 'Nuff said.
Them lazy hoors have nothing to do and spend all their time doing it.
You can take my word for that. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 23, 2013, 01:09:57 AM

He is confused, trying to ride our coat tails on this thread and on the Minor championship thread claiming if Roscommon won the minors and Mayo won the Seniors they would somehow take the good out of it. It's as daft as saying if ye won Sam, Monaghan winning the minors would ruin it on ye (and ye haven't had a 62 year wait). I like the Rossies, Syf included, but the desperation is really showing.

The arch enemies arriving in a Roscommon town like Ballagh with Sam in tow would be a secondary concern to the fine local folk celebrating their own All-Ireland.

Would Mayo have been moved to joy if Galway had marched into Ballyhaunis with Sam in 1998?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

http://www.thestar.ie/star/brothers-in-battle/

BROTHERS IN BATTLE
NO-ONE can say definitively — but it's almost certain that two sets of brothers have never faced off in a midfield battle on the senior inter-county stage.
Not until this weekend, when we'll see Tyrone's Cavanagh brothers — Sean and Colm — go head-to-head with Mayo's O'Shea's — Seamus and Aidan.
It's sure to be a titanic tussle, and with Sean Cavanagh and Aidan O'Shea two of the hottest players in the country right now, it could define Sunday's semi-final at Croke Park.
Minor
Sean and Colm Cavanagh have played together on and off at midfield since younger sibling Colm — a 2004 All-Ireland minor winner — became a Tyrone regular five years ago.
Former Mayo midfield star David Brady feels the Breaffy siblings compliment each other perfectly and that Seamus is back boning Aidan's sensational form.
Brady told Star Sport: "Mayo have missed a combination of players that suit each other.
"There's been change around midfield every second or third game.  Last year the foundation was laid with Barry and Aidan O'Shea, but unfortunately Barry got injured.
"Seamus perfectly compliments him (Aidan), a lot of it unseen, the way they play with each other.
"They suit each others game and if they don't understand each other as brothers there is no hope for the rest of them."
Other county midfield football brothers include Armagh's Grimley twins —   John and Mark —   and Carlow's Walsh's — Tomas and   Patrick.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Syferus on August 23, 2013, 01:22:31 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 23, 2013, 01:09:57 AM

The arch enemies arriving in a Roscommon Mayo GAA town like Ballagh with Sam in tow would be a secondary concern to the fine local folk celebrating their own All-Ireland.

Would Mayo have been moved to joy if Galway had marched into Ballyhaunis with Sam in 1998?

The honest truth would both teams would be cheered through the town. With not a sane Rossie claiming that their Mayo majority neighbours achievement was not greater. But away from the dreams Syf, a bit more respect for the other semi-finalists in both comps. Mayo ladies in with a chance of an All-Ireland too this year  ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 23, 2013, 01:23:51 AM
http://www.thestar.ie/star/brothers-in-battle/

BROTHERS IN BATTLE
NO-ONE can say definitively — but it's almost certain that two sets of brothers have never faced off in a midfield battle on the senior inter-county stage.
Not until this weekend, when we'll see Tyrone's Cavanagh brothers — Sean and Colm — go head-to-head with Mayo's O'Shea's — Seamus and Aidan.
It's sure to be a titanic tussle, and with Sean Cavanagh and Aidan O'Shea two of the hottest players in the country right now, it could define Sunday's semi-final at Croke Park.
Minor
Sean and Colm Cavanagh have played together on and off at midfield since younger sibling Colm — a 2004 All-Ireland minor winner — became a Tyrone regular five years ago.
Former Mayo midfield star David Brady feels the Breaffy siblings compliment each other perfectly and that Seamus is back boning Aidan's sensational form.
Brady told Star Sport: "Mayo have missed a combination of players that suit each other.
"There's been change around midfield every second or third game.  Last year the foundation was laid with Barry and Aidan O'Shea, but unfortunately Barry got injured.
"Seamus perfectly compliments him (Aidan), a lot of it unseen, the way they play with each other.
"They suit each others game and if they don't understand each other as brothers there is no hope for the rest of them."
Other county midfield football brothers include Armagh's Grimley twins —   John and Mark —   and Carlow's Walsh's — Tomas and   Patrick.

What, one brother says to the other "Your hair is beautiful today bruv", and the other says "so is yours bruv"?!

You might expect that a journo, regardless of the rag, would know the difference between compliment and complement!  >:(
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...