Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam03/05

A bit disappointed in Tyrone line up. Hoped to  see McNabb and Ronan O'Neill start.
still I suppose they are two very good impact subs as they showed last day out.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Whishtup on August 22, 2013, 10:48:56 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 22, 2013, 10:29:43 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 22, 2013, 09:39:05 PM
Have Mayo been behind in the Championship yet?

We went a point down against Roscommon. To be honest, we didn't play particularly well for 20 minutes of that game. I'd be slightly worried that we will have the same problem this time (due to the fact that it's set up for a mighty Mayo fall) and Tyrone will have a few points to spare on us at that stage. And they're better than Roscommon and probably have improved with the games they've played since their one with Roscommon.

That is a frightening statistic...

You asked a question, I answered.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Whishtup on August 22, 2013, 10:48:56 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 22, 2013, 10:29:43 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 22, 2013, 09:39:05 PM
Have Mayo been behind in the Championship yet?

We went a point down against Roscommon. To be honest, we didn't play particularly well for 20 minutes of that game. I'd be slightly worried that we will have the same problem this time (due to the fact that it's set up for a mighty Mayo fall) and Tyrone will have a few points to spare on us at that stage. And they're better than Roscommon and probably have improved with the games they've played since their one with Roscommon.

That is a frightening statistic...

They scored first and that was it, wasn't it.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ONeill

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 22, 2013, 10:48:38 PM
Stevie has a score to settle after 2004, when he scored an absolute screamer of a goal in a vain attempt to turn things around against a resolutely defiant Mayo; though nothing would sail between the posts for us, and lost count of the number of attempts that flew just millimetres wide!

Didn't Mark Harte have a stinker from frees? When Stevie scored it was level and we had numerous chances to kick on. That was an All-Ireland lost.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: rrhf on August 22, 2013, 10:48:12 PM
The curse is always the game changer.  as a Tyrone man I really wish mayo football wasn't cursed.

We are not cursed, there is no such thing as a curse ffs.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ONeill

On a similar note, we always feckin concede the first score or two (apart from the Offaly debacle).

Aaron Boone

Paddy Power have a bet around first scoring play. Mayo point it is.

thewobbler

I've cheered on heartily for Tyrone over the years, loved the way they played football in 2005 and 2008.

But this isn't 2008, and Mayo -4 at 21/20 is this year's gift to us from the bookmakers. 

I would confidently predict it will be over by half time, and Tyrone won't finish with any more than 13 men on the park.

rrhf

There's a level of expectation now attached to mayo football worldwide.  The hype is unprecedented :
Here's some tweets:
I do have relations in mayo bill Jefferson Clinton

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on August 22, 2013, 10:51:47 PM
Stevie has a score to settle after 2004, when he scored an absolute screamer of a goal in a vain attempt to turn things around against a resolutely defiant Mayo; though nothing would sail between the posts for us, and lost count of the number of attempts that flew just millimetres wide!

Didn't Mark Harte have a stinker from frees? When Stevie scored it was level and we had numerous chances to kick on. That was an All-Ireland lost.

From memory we seemed to hit the upright a number of times that day. Also remember Alan Dillon having one of those days were everything he hit went over the bar. Was sure we were going to win after SoN scored that wonder goal.

ONeill

Mayo will score after 13 secs. Their fans will be foaming. 0-4 to 0-0 after 4 mins. Talk of booking hotel rooms for the AIF. Cavanagh booms over a free. Ripple of boos from Mayoites to amuse themselves in a mock panto atmosphere. 0-12 to 0-4 for Mayo at HT. Tyrone fans leave to save the sandwiches for the minor semi the following week. 

muppet

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 22, 2013, 10:57:14 PM

From memory we seemed to hit the upright a number of times that day. Also remember Alan Dillon having one of those days were everything he hit went over the bar. Was sure we were going to win after SoN scored that wonder goal.

David Brady scored three point off the bench, literally. He scored them from right in front of the bench. Never before or again did we see him do that.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Quote from: muppet on August 22, 2013, 10:59:59 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 22, 2013, 10:57:14 PM

David Brady scored three point off the bench, literally. He scored them from right in front of the bench. Never before or again did we see him do that.

Then Gormley lost the ball in the glare of the sun, it hit him on the bake and he had to go off.

BennyHarp

Quote from: thewobbler on August 22, 2013, 10:55:50 PM
I've cheered on heartily for Tyrone over the years, loved the way they played football in 2005 and 2008.

But this isn't 2008, and Mayo -4 at 21/20 is this year's gift to us from the bookmakers. 

I would confidently predict it will be over by half time, and Tyrone won't finish with any more than 13 men on the park.

When was the last time Tyrone lost a really close championship match? Perhaps Mayo in 2004? Down 2008? We normally win the tight ones....... Or get bate out the door with 15 mins left. (Dublin x2, Cork, Kerry.) That's your bet then, Tyrone to win @ 7/2 covered by Mayo -8 @ decent odds I presume.
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

Can see our forward division setting up more like this:

McAliskey  >>>  ^^^      McCurry>>^^

SoN   >>>  ^^^  ^^^^

Mark D    >>           Matty D^^^

||||^^^^^^^***
                Sean C
I think we need to test the dodgy keeper and this might mean Cassidy at some point

[/quote]