Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sans pessimism

Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 22, 2013, 10:53:51 AM
Shocked and Dismayed that these dirty cynical antics from Mayo can't believe they are bringing our game down to this level. Deegan needs to set out his stall early for this one to show them they can't bully and foul their way to an All Ireland. Surely it would be the most tainted of all. I was backing Mayo to go all the way but after these revelations I hope Tyrone wipe the floor with them to see and end to their dastardly ways. What message does this send out to the U6's on a Saturday morning.
Peter Solan The  Great......wondered where you'd gone.Welcome back wum
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

highorlow

QuoteTyrone would like to omit the Monaghan game as well, and in particular a certain tackle that happened during it. And if possible the pundit break down that followed!!

Exactly.

Breheny has also failed to point out if the free's are technical free's or physical ones so his whole article is a sham. How the man still has a job is beyond me, I'd say they have him working for peanuts.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Bensars

I hope deegan checks their ears too !

QuoteOn Newstalk's Off The Ball last night, former Mayo player David Brady divulged that Mayo are using earpieces in training so James Horan and the Mayo management can intimate little nuances in tactics to players in real-time during training.
http://balls.ie/gaa/mayo-using-earpieces-in-training/

Its quite evident that this cynical shower in Mayo will leave no stone unturned in their quest for Sam !

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ONeill on August 22, 2013, 10:28:09 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 22, 2013, 09:19:10 AM
Don't worry lads, ye have a Galway lad behind ye......Martin Breheny.
A week leading up to a match wouldn't be the same for a Mayo person without the bould Martin getting a few digs in!  8)
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/martin-breheny-mirror-mirror-on-the-wall-who-is-the-most-cynical-team-of-them-all-29519129.html

The ref needs to be strong here and dish out yellows willy-nilly in order to stop the incessant tactical fouling by these Mayo boys.

I can see Mayo down to 13 men by half time. Up Breheny and Brolly.

And up yours too, me oul' buddy.
Like Delaney's dog, ye are all much better at giving it than taking it and that's for sure.
If Maurice Deegan reads Breheny's column and takes your advice, Mickey might have difficulty getting 15 players on the field by the time Deego blows the long whistle.
Who wrote the following litany of facts?

1. Tyrone have a higher proportion of red and yellow cards than the other three..."

2. However, they have had more players (three) sent off than any of the other semi-finalists, .....

3. However, they have had more players (three) sent off than any of the other semi-finalists, .....

Who says Breheny doesn't know his facts? ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Lar Naparka

Quote from: sans pessimism on August 22, 2013, 10:54:11 AM
Quote from: rrhf on August 22, 2013, 06:51:33 AM
Whats the weather like in Dublin?
Croke Park quiet so far... Its 645 AM and Thursday mind ye...

Not a peep...
except for the distant drone of electric...
the water sprinklers soft spatter
and maybe the squaw of a fattened seagull returned early from an oily market feast..
noisy neighbours..
the light left on in an abandoned office...damn the cccc and the late finishes.... 
their wasting of our energy...
the cooling calmness to it all as the sun lights up on Davin...
and the shadows dominate the 21 less now..
no red and green or white for sale yet...
the beast is yawning and the day is dawning
When comes the storm?
love  it
+1
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

supersarsfields

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 22, 2013, 11:03:47 AM
A week leading up to a match wouldn't be the same for a Mayo person without the bould Martin getting a few digs in!  8)
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/martin-breheny-mirror-mirror-on-the-wall-who-is-the-most-cynical-team-of-them-all-29519129.html

The ref needs to be strong here and dish out yellows willy-nilly in order to stop the incessant tactical fouling by these Mayo boys.

Like Delaney's dog, ye are all much better at giving it than taking it and that's for sure.
If Maurice Deegan reads Breheny's column and takes your advice, Mickey might have difficulty getting 15 players on the field by the time Deego blows the long whistle.

1. Tyrone have a higher proportion of red and yellow cards than the other three..."

2. However, they have had more players (three) sent off than any of the other semi-finalists, .....

3. However, they have had more players (three) sent off than any of the other semi-finalists, .....

He also said,

1. Mayo foul more than they are fouled

2. Mayo foul more than they are fouled

3. Mayo foul more than they are fouled

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

ballinaman

orangeman

And there was poor old Limerick who in the last minute against Kildare last year "allowed" Kildare to score a goal.

Cork have the lowest free concession rate (17 per game), which may lead to suggestions among their fans that a lack of cynicism, however good for the game as a spectacle, may be counter-productive.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 22, 2013, 11:03:47 AM

Ah but they only got them cards because they were involved in close games, sure how would mayo get any cards when they havent been tested??

And what were they at fouling the poor laddieens in their first four games, wasnt enough that they were rolling over for us and letting us hammer them without us going round fouling them?

We'd want to take a good long hard look at ourselves down in the plain of the yews and cop on
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

ONeill

My my my. How the tide is turning today. We are seeing the real Mayo here in all its vile nakedness.

From Breheny's startling statistical study, to the radio farce and now the magnet thing. 31 counties are behind Tyrone now and, maybe this morning, true Mayo gaels.

Tyrone will ride into Croke as the last remaining bastions of an innocent age. It'll be like Rocky v Drago. You won't break us Horan.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.