Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: highorlow on August 22, 2013, 09:03:09 AM
QuoteThis is the first time I've actually bothered to read your "tactical" analysis - pure nonsense. No real insight into how Tyrone set up except that our main attacking policy is to "drawing frees".

For the Tyrone end of things head to the "passion, not tactics" site.

Why not put both sides of the analysis on the one link - especially if advertising the link on this thread? If the standard of analysis is similar to what I read already, I'll not bother, thanks!
That was never a square ball!!

ballinaman

Don't worry lads, ye have a Galway lad behind ye......Martin Breheny.
A week leading up to a match wouldn't be the same for a Mayo person without the bould Martin getting a few digs in!  8)
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/martin-breheny-mirror-mirror-on-the-wall-who-is-the-most-cynical-team-of-them-all-29519129.html

supersarsfields

Quote from: ballinaman on August 22, 2013, 09:19:10 AM
A week leading up to a match wouldn't be the same for a Mayo person without the bould Martin getting a few digs in!  8)
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/martin-breheny-mirror-mirror-on-the-wall-who-is-the-most-cynical-team-of-them-all-29519129.html

Sure he's just talking sense!! Hopefully Tyrone can win on Sunday, and strike a blow against cynicism.  :D

BennyHarp

Quote from: supersarsfields on August 22, 2013, 09:41:23 AM

Sure he's just talking sense!! Hopefully Tyrone can win on Sunday, and strike a blow against cynicism.  :D

I always liked Martin Breheny! Fact!  ;D
That was never a square ball!!

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 22, 2013, 08:41:00 AM
Quote from: emmetryan on August 22, 2013, 07:27:22 AM
Hi guys

Tactical preview of Mayo vs Tyrone now up
http://action81.com/blog/?p=7566

Emmet

This is the first time I've actually bothered to read your "tactical" analysis - pure nonsense. No real insight into how Tyrone set up except that our main attacking policy is "drawing frees". As O'Neill says, no mention of them being one of the best teams at retaining possession from deep and this can frustrate opponents in the tackle. Plenty of analysis of how we won't stop a 3 man full forward line but no mention of our attacking threats. How will they stop Cavanagh? Any analysis of that? Have you ever heard of Matty Donnelly? Do you understand the role Mark Donnelly plays? Have you really considered Joes role? Is it just to cover? If so explain his two points from play v Monaghan? By the way, they were from distance! Does Conor Gormley have a role to play as cover? Lazy analysis to suggest that everything goes through Stevie O'Neill as well, Tyrone have used him sparingly and if anything have under utilised him this summer - will we see something different on Sunday? To sum up that Tyrone are "out of their depth" is very poor Emmet - sucked in by the hype!

I presume you'll not have the face to produce another "tactical" masterclass if Tyrone win on Sunday?

Mayo lads arent the only ones showing the pressure so  :P :P

Martin Brehony is some c**t, himself and McGee come out with some awful anti-mayo stuff. They're nearly as bad as Silke
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mayo4Sam

Sorry I take that back, no one is worse than Silke
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 22, 2013, 10:13:36 AM
Silke, Breheny, McGee and McHugh are all as bad as each other in my opinion. c***ts the. lot of them
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 22, 2013, 10:16:51 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 22, 2013, 10:13:36 AM
Silke, Breheny, McGee and McHugh are all as bad as each other in my opinion. c***ts the. lot of them
Don't forget that Logie lad...you just made our list of enemies...there...you're in for it now Logie!

ONeill

The ref needs to be strong here and dish out yellows willy-nilly in order to stop the incessant tactical fouling by these Mayo boys.

I can see Mayo down to 13 men by half time. Up Breheny and Brolly.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Bensars

Backs up what everyone already knew.

Mayo are a cynical shower of hoors ! And this happening against teams they were pounding
QuoteThey have the highest free differential against them, having conceded 93 while being awarded 79. It's surprising that a team which won its four games by an average of 15.5 points conceded more frees than it was awarded, since they were clearly enjoying levels of ascendancy rarely seen in the championship.

Animals !

The other one was Kerry, no suprise there. They have being doing it for years with a few of their ex players shifting the attention to other counties.
QuoteThey actually conceded more frees than Tipperary in the Munster first round, which they won by 17 points

highorlow

QuoteThey have the highest free differential against them, having conceded 93 while being awarded 79. It's surprising that a team which won its four games by an average of 15.5 points conceded more frees than it was awarded, since they were clearly enjoying levels of ascendancy rarely seen in the championship.
SOURCE Breheny Article.

Anyone with any know how in the game and that watched and studied the Connacht final would see that the ref was forking out free's for London.

To do a like for like comparison one would have to omit the stats for this game and then draw the conclusion based on the other match's. I'd imagine the result would be lower overall and that our concession rate versus free's awarded in this match has scewed the sums.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

SkillfulBill

Shocked and Dismayed that these dirty cynical antics from Mayo can't believe they are bringing our game down to this level. Deegan needs to set out his stall early for this one to show them they can't bully and foul their way to an All Ireland. Surely it would be the most tainted of all. I was backing Mayo to go all the way but after these revelations I hope Tyrone wipe the floor with them to see and end to their dastardly ways. What message does this send out to the U6's on a Saturday morning.

sans pessimism

Quote from: rrhf on August 22, 2013, 06:51:33 AM
Whats the weather like in Dublin?
Croke Park quiet so far... Its 645 AM and Thursday mind ye...

Not a peep...
except for the distant drone of electric...
the water sprinklers soft spatter
and maybe the squaw of a fattened seagull returned early from an oily market feast..
noisy neighbours..
the light left on in an abandoned office...damn the cccc and the late finishes.... 
their wasting of our energy...
the cooling calmness to it all as the sun lights up on Davin...
and the shadows dominate the 21 less now..
no red and green or white for sale yet...
the beast is yawning and the day is dawning
When comes the storm?
love  it
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

highorlow

QuoteMATCH STATISTICS

Wides:

Mayo 19 (12 first half)

London 9 (2)

Frees:

Mayo 15 (8

London 22 (12)

Yellow Cards:

Mayo 2 (L Keegan 50, C Boyle 57)

London 7 (S Mulligan 26, C Doyle 29, P Geraghty 37, C McCallion 50, C Daly 55, D McGreevy 65, S Kelly 70)
SOURCE indo on-line

7 free differential. As I said above using these stats and putting in the Breheny calc leaves us with 71 frees awarded and 71 frees conceded for the other 3 games. The yellow card stats also demonstrate how out of kilter the ref was with his bias on the game and the free awarding for us, i.e I presume the 7 yellow cards led to 7 or so frees in itself.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

supersarsfields

Quote from: highorlow on August 22, 2013, 10:49:31 AM
SOURCE Breheny Article.

Anyone with any know how in the game and that watched and studied the Connacht final would see that the ref was forking out free's for London.

To do a like for like comparison one would have to omit the stats for this game and then draw the conclusion based on the other match's. I'd imagine the result would be lower overall and that our concession rate versus free's awarded in this match has scewed the sums.

Tyrone would like to omit the Monaghan game as well, and in particular a certain tackle that happened during it. And if possible the pundit break down that followed!!