Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Rodman on August 21, 2013, 02:53:49 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 21, 2013, 01:48:33 PM
Darragh o Se, " Mayo could do a real number on Tyrone"

I'm not alone, phew.

The hype around this Mayo team has far exceeded the hype around any of the Dublin teams over the past 20 years. The pressure on them must be unreal. Talk about the best Mayo team ever and how this game will be a mere training match for them must be seeping through to the players mind. If Mayo do not get a good start and are not at least 4 points up at h/t then they will begin to doubt themselves. If its tight with 20 mins to go, then Mayo will crack. Tyrone will go 2 or 3 up and then close out the game.  As for Tyrone, expectations are low, they have already over achieved this year and there is absolutely no pressure on them. Even the Mayo posters here are beginning to crack and its only Wednesday.

If they believe they are that great, surely Mayo 6 points down at half-time and the Mayo lads will think, yip we can do this, just bang in a few goals  ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Farrandeelin

I'm not alone, phew.

The hype around this Mayo team has far exceeded the hype around any of the Dublin teams over the past 20 years. The pressure on them must be unreal. Talk about the best Mayo team ever and how this game will be a mere training match for them must be seeping through to the players mind. If Mayo do not get a good start and are not at least 4 points up at h/t then they will begin to doubt themselves. If its tight with 20 mins to go, then Mayo will crack. Tyrone will go 2 or 3 up and then close out the game.  As for Tyrone, expectations are low, they have already over achieved this year and there is absolutely no pressure on them. Even the Mayo posters here are beginning to crack and its only Wednesday.

And supposing hypothetical as it is and all that, but what if Mayo actually find themselves 5 points up at half time? What (Lord may save us all) if it's not tight with 20 minutes to go? Anyway, how do you know Mayo will crack if it is tight? Come on, I want definitive answers this time please.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Rodman Tyrone are 7/2.

I take it you have the house on them?
MWWSI 2017

BennyHarp

Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 02:15:57 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 21, 2013, 02:14:38 PM
We're nearly due for someone to pop into the thread and mention the number of pages reached so far!

I am ready for him:

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 21, 2013, 02:51:33 PM
Wow 80 pages and its only Wed.

Did you get him?
That was never a square ball!!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 21, 2013, 03:10:37 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 02:15:57 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 21, 2013, 02:14:38 PM
We're nearly due for someone to pop into the thread and mention the number of pages reached so far!

I am ready for him:

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 21, 2013, 02:51:33 PM
Wow 80 pages and its only Wed.

Did you get him?

Should be called Buzzman.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Paddy Power special

"Only Applies during the Monaghan U18 v Mayo U18 & Mayo v Tyrone Games. Bets will be settled as a winner if a hawkeye error is shown live on RTE"

Hawk-Eye to Malfunction on Sunday in Croke Park

50-1

muppet

MWWSI 2017

All of a Sludden

Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 01:29:22 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 21, 2013, 01:25:29 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 11:16:36 AM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 21, 2013, 11:07:19 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 21, 2013, 11:01:21 AM
Mayo are one of the most consistent teams of the last 20 years.

For real? What have they won in those 20 years?

No one said they won anything.

Are you arguing that Mayo were NOT one of the most consistent teams of the last 20 years?

They consistently failed to win anything.

You contradict yourself completely and still can't answer a straight question.

OK then, what have Mayo won over the past 20 years? Barring Connaught titles, which they usually get a free run at. It's not hard to be consistent when you are playing the likes of London, Sligo and Roscommon.
The one area where Mayo have been consistent, is losing big games, especially when they have been favourites. I hope this is one area where they aren't as consistent this year.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

the Deel Rover

I'm not alone, phew.

Pressure is for Tyres Rodman  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Tubberman

Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 21, 2013, 03:23:25 PM

Are you arguing that Mayo were NOT one of the most consistent teams of the last 20 years?

OK then, what have Mayo won over the past 20 years? Barring Connaught titles, which they usually get a free run at. It's not hard to be consistent when you are playing the likes of London, Sligo and Roscommon.
The one area where Mayo have been consistent, is losing big games, especially when they have been favourites. I hope this is one area where they aren't as consistent this year.

So you admit that Mayo are actually extremely consistent - both within Connacht and in the All-Ireland series.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

muppet

Straw man as usual.

The statement was that they have been 'one of the most consistent teams of the last 20 years".

You are some man coming from Louth to rubbish an entire province. Especially given that your last All-Ireland winners finished with 2 Mayo men in midfield. You owe us!
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

We only get London every 5 years All of a Sludden. Obviouslu they beat Sligo and Leitrim this year. You conveniently didn't mention Galway? Why so?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

A league title and an U-21 All-Ireland so

Glad to see you've back tracked completely
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 21, 2013, 03:30:19 PM

A league title and an U-21 All-Ireland so

Glad to see you've back tracked completely

Beating a very good Galway team in Croke Park and a strong Cork U-21 team in Ennis.

Tubberman

Back up your claims so - what big games have Mayo been favourites for that they have lost? Compare that to big games that they have been favourites for and won.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."