Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

Excellent excellent interview tonight with James Horan by wooly for Newstalk. Can't wait for the weekend. Mickey is on tomorrow night.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

From the Bunker

Quote from: highorlow on August 21, 2013, 12:07:31 AM
Excellent excellent interview tonight with James Horan by wooly for Newstalk. Can't wait for the weekend. Mickey is on tomorrow night.

http://newstalk.ie/Room-to-improve-for-Mayo-but-Horan-not-looking-past-Sunday

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rodman on August 20, 2013, 11:23:09 PM
Do Mayo really merit all this hype.  What have they actually done. Most of the hype comes from their performance against Donegal. Granted, it was a decent performance but I think most teams would have beat Donegal comfortably that day. Individually, Mayo have allot of average footballers. At the end of the day, Mayo are perennial losers, and will most likely bottle it again in the white heat of a battle, which I am sure Tyrone will provide. Make no mistake about it, this will be a tight game. The way Tyrone will set up will ensure that and it won't be pretty.
Sean Cav to rule the roost again, O'Neill to roll back the years with a vintage display, Gormley to get MoM...and Aidan O'shea to get the line. Tyrone by 3.

QuoteDo Mayo really merit all this hype.
Not at all. They wouldn't bate Katty Barry if the truth were told.

QuoteWhat have they actually done

Sweet FA

QuoteMost of the hype comes from their performance against Donegal.

If you say so. I thought all of it was but you probably know more than I do -about hype anyway.

QuoteGranted, it was a decent performance.

Thanks very much. You are exceedingly kind.

Quotebut I think most teams would have beat Donegal comfortably that day

Of course they would! London would have bet them half way up the Blurestack mountains.

QuoteIndividually, Mayo have allot of average footballers.
Average? I though they were all assholes.

QuoteAt the end of the day, Mayo are perennial losers,
Arra, they're that at the start of the day. You could throw in the night before as well.

Quote. and will most likely bottle it again in the white heat of a battle,

Is the Pope a Catholic? Some things are self-obvious; they need no explanation. Mayo probably won't come out for the second half.

Quotewhich I am sure Tyrone will provide.
Of course they will. Aren't they known for their aggro far and wide?

QuoteMake no mistake about it, this will be a tight game.
It probably will. Tyrone will be holding tight to every red and green jersey they come across.

QuoteThe way Tyrone will set up will ensure that and it won't be pretty.
It sure won't be pretty. They'll split every hoor that get in their way- as they usually do.

QuoteSean Cav to rule the roost again,
By the time the match is over, Sean Cav will be a shoo-in for the British and Irish Lions.

QuoteO'Neill to roll back the years with a vintage display
Sure , why not?. He's in the vintage category anyway.

QuoteGormley to get MoM...
He'll get an Oscar before he's finished.

Quoteand Aidan O'shea to get the line.
Only O'Shea? The other 14 will be gone as well.

QuoteTyrone by 3
Didn't you forget a 1? 
Doesn't matter whither you put it before or behind the 3. Mayo are  doomed; doomed I tell ye!

Look, easy tell you're a newbie; you're about 40 pages too late with this windup sh1te. We've moved on to insulting each other by now.   ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ballinaman on August 20, 2013, 11:29:04 PM
Do Mayo really merit all this hype.  What have they actually done. Most of the hype comes from their performance against Donegal. Granted, it was a decent performance but I think most teams would have beat Donegal comfortably that day. Individually, Mayo have allot of average footballers. At the end of the day, Mayo are perennial losers, and will most likely bottle it again in the white heat of a battle, which I am sure Tyrone will provide. Make no mistake about it, this will be a tight game. The way Tyrone will set up will ensure that and it won't be pretty.
Sean Cav to rule the roost again, O'Neill to roll back the years with a vintage display, Gormley to get MoM...and Aidan O'shea to get the line. Tyrone by 3.
County Mayo likes this  ;)

This Rodman lad has Mayo down to a tee. Must be really embarrassing for the mighty Ulster that such a pathetic bunch would beat their golden bull. Even more embarrassing that the teams they hammered in Connacht beat or almost beat Ulster's other great world beaters. We all wish we were from Ulster.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Farrandeelin

And you know what...you're a wum of the highest order.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ONeill

Do ye think Croke will get 70000?

I know times are tough in Mayo and what with the final coming up and all but will you arrive in big numbers anyway?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Two decent football teams this has the potential to be the game of the year. Can tyrone match mayos free flowing confidence.

BennyHarp

Feck me you Mayo lads are touchy! You call Rodman a wum then proceed to clamber all over yourselves to get wound up by his cheek to suggest Mayo might lose.

Looks like the pressure is getting to some of ye as Sunday approaches. This is the time of the week when the confidence begins to waver, the euphoria of the quarter diminishes and the reality of big match day becomes closer and the doubts begin to creep in. Now you begin to worry, feck, are we that good? Where Donegal that bad? Have we been properly tested yet? Is Mickey, the genius, going to mastermind another Phoenix from the flames AI? Are Tyrone too cynical for us? Are we going to collapse again in a big game? What if AidAn o'Shea doesn't perform like he did before? What if O'Neill regains his form? What if Sean Cavanagh produces another master class? Tyrone beat us in the league - is that relevant?

But don't worry - by Sunday morning the confidence returns and by the 3rd goal after 15mins of the first half youse will be world beaters again.  ;D

Can't wait, may the best team win - come on Tyrone! 
That was never a square ball!!

Rodman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 21, 2013, 07:22:03 AM

And you know what...you're a wum of the highest order.
So I dare to suggest a Tyrone win by 3 points and I am a wum. That in itself shows how much hype surrounds this Mayo team.  Is it really farcical to suggest Sean Cavanagh will run the show, O'Neill to put in a good display and Gormley to get MoM. What crazy predictions for 3 of the best players to grace croke park over the last 10 years.
And if I did intend this to be a wind up post (which I didn't), then it sure did work.

Tubberman

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 21, 2013, 08:07:14 AM
Feck me you Mayo lads are touchy! You call Rodman a wum then proceed to clamber all over yourselves to get wound up by his cheek to suggest Mayo might lose.

Looks like the pressure is getting to some of ye as Sunday approaches. This is the time of the week when the confidence begins to waver, the euphoria of the quarter diminishes and the reality of big match day becomes closer and the doubts begin to creep in. Now you begin to worry, feck, are we that good? Where Donegal that bad? Have we been properly tested yet? Is Mickey, the genius, going to mastermind another Phoenix from the flames AI? Are Tyrone too cynical for us? Are we going to collapse again in a big game? What if AidAn o'Shea doesn't perform like he did before? What if O'Neill regains his form? What if Sean Cavanagh produces another master class? Tyrone beat us in the league - is that relevant?

But don't worry - by Sunday morning the confidence returns and by the 3rd goal after 15mins of the first half youse will be world beaters again.  ;D

Desperation tactics from the Tyrone boys on here! Trying to sow the seeds of doubt in the Mayo lads as they remain calm and confident :)
Larryin89 is the only Mayo lad getting carried away, and he's young and innocent, great to see ;)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

supersarsfields

Geez the Mayo lads don't like it when some of us Tyronies build up our chances. Getting very touchy.

Ya's are losing it. Pressure of the favorite tag has ya ruined!! Can only see one result now.

Tubberman

Quote from: supersarsfields on August 21, 2013, 09:16:07 AM
Geez the Mayo lads don't like it when some of us Tyronies build up our chances. Getting very touchy.

Ya's are losing it. Pressure of the favorite tag has ya ruined!! Can only see one result now.

It's not building yourselves up that gets people touchy, it's knocking us down!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Crete Boom

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 21, 2013, 08:07:14 AM

There will be two hits on Sunday Benny, me hitting you and you hitting the ground ;).
How about that for touchiness ;D

rrhf

The questions mount up, James Horan a man who has done it all on the pitch now takes his knowledge of what it takes and puts it back to a new group of wannabee Mayo greats following in the footsteps of Horan, Mc Hale Nallan, Mc Donald and Mc Stay.  Can they carry out it to the letter in the white heat of an all Ireland semi final?  There is much talk about discipline issues (generally from the pot noodlers)  - Who will crack first? O Shea or Cavanagh? How does the referee start this game.  Doe he limit the game with a raft of early yellows and wait till later till the games hot and tackles or wielding in to exert his match deciding influence? or play it fair? Joe Brolly probably wants every man on a yellow as early as possible, so he can run his script -  perhaps he can get Sean Cavanagh the line that way. I believe the team that wins on Sunday will be champions in September.  Have Mayo played their all Ireland final?  Will O Sheas hamstring play up, Mc Mahons groin? Either way this is the reason why Tyrone guys bought their premiums seats -  its a battle out there so you need to watch this one inside in  comfort.  Enjoy your fine wine I just hope its red and white. good luck to both teams banter has been good, lets hope those bollixes in rte don't diminish, put down our honest endeavours - Both Mayo (Abuse of Mickey Moran and last years allegations and now Tyrone have suffered in the last 2 years and are united on that front.  Both these teams deserve to win this years all Ireland .  Its simply  a case of which one will.  Tir Eoghain agus Datsun abu!     

Crete Boom

Quote from: ONeill on August 21, 2013, 07:25:50 AM
Do ye think Croke will get 70000?

I know times are tough in Mayo and what with the final coming up and all but will you arrive in big numbers anyway?

I would say there will be a big enough crowd O' Neill but I doubt there will be more than 60000 from both counties? Will there be a 2003/2005/2008 like crowds from Tyrone for this one?