Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2013, 10:56:53 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 20, 2013, 10:50:55 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2013, 10:42:38 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 20, 2013, 10:33:25 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2013, 10:20:01 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 20, 2013, 10:17:55 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2013, 10:16:42 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 20, 2013, 10:13:31 PM

Completely irrelevant with regards to Sunday! Kerry beat you by 9 points in 2011. Is that relevant?

Kerry beat you by 10 points in 2012. Is that relevant?

Absolutely not - that's my point!

So you read nothing into results? They basically mean nothing?

Tyrone have always struggled against Cork, Mayo struggle against Kerry,  how does this have an impact on a game where Tyrone v Mayo? So to be honest, your analysis based on performances against previous teams over the last few years is irrelevant.

As I said it has been a while since ye have had (what i would call) a big scalp. Teams are measured on when they last won Silverware and then the last big scalp they have had. In your case it has been a while. No shame in that ye took some big scalps and Sliverware when ye were a big gun.

Yer still ignoring the fact that this team is drastically changed from last year so the previous team's history is irrelevant.  Last year had that 'flogging a dead horse' feeling alright (although with a fit Sean Cavanagh who knows?)  Not this year.  Blinkered, I tell ye.

Whoever wins, it doesn't take away from the fact that Dublin are the team to beat.

Yes, but this team already lost their biggest test in the beginning to Donegal by six points. In a game they wanted to win! That is present history! Blinkered, I tell ye.

Beating the team that beat Donegal(to stop them claim a 3rd Ulster title) has dispelled any lingering doubt from the Donegal game.  Monaghan were like yerselves, on the crest of a wave, top of the world  and look what happened.  I'm trying to prepare you here...

Ah your going around in circles there. Sure we had nothing to do with Monaghan. We were not celebrating winning a provincial title. We don't need any preparation. Tyrone will be a tough proposition and we will celebrate if we beat ye and we will wish ye well if ye beat us. We are used to knocks, so don't be believing we are looking to the final already because we aren't.

Rodman

Do Mayo really merit all this hype.  What have they actually done. Most of the hype comes from their performance against Donegal. Granted, it was a decent performance but I think most teams would have beat Donegal comfortably that day. Individually, Mayo have allot of average footballers. At the end of the day, Mayo are perennial losers, and will most likely bottle it again in the white heat of a battle, which I am sure Tyrone will provide. Make no mistake about it, this will be a tight game. The way Tyrone will set up will ensure that and it won't be pretty.
Sean Cav to rule the roost again, O'Neill to roll back the years with a vintage display, Gormley to get MoM...and Aidan O'shea to get the line. Tyrone by 3.

Syferus

Completely irrelevant with regards to Sunday! Kerry beat you by 9 points in 2011. Is that relevant?

Tyrone have always struggled against Cork, Mayo struggle against Kerry,  how does this have an impact on a game where Tyrone v Mayo? So to be honest, your analysis based on performances against previous teams over the last few years is irrelevant.

As I said it has been a while since ye have had (what i would call) a big scalp. Teams are measured on when they last won Silverware and then the last big scalp they have had. In your case it has been a while. No shame in that ye took some big scalps and Sliverware when ye were a big gun.

Yer still ignoring the fact that this team is drastically changed from last year so the previous team's history is irrelevant.  Last year had that 'flogging a dead horse' feeling alright (although with a fit Sean Cavanagh who knows?)  Not this year.  Blinkered, I tell ye.

Whoever wins, it doesn't take away from the fact that Dublin are the team to beat.

You must be the only human being to observe this year's championship and think Dublin are the team to beat. Some slow-moving, plant-based rhubarbs might agree with you on that, but that's about it.

ballinaman

Quote from: Rodman on August 20, 2013, 11:23:09 PM
Do Mayo really merit all this hype.  What have they actually done. Most of the hype comes from their performance against Donegal. Granted, it was a decent performance but I think most teams would have beat Donegal comfortably that day. Individually, Mayo have allot of average footballers. At the end of the day, Mayo are perennial losers, and will most likely bottle it again in the white heat of a battle, which I am sure Tyrone will provide. Make no mistake about it, this will be a tight game. The way Tyrone will set up will ensure that and it won't be pretty.
Sean Cav to rule the roost again, O'Neill to roll back the years with a vintage display, Gormley to get MoM...and Aidan O'shea to get the line. Tyrone by 3.
County Mayo likes this  ;)

From the Bunker

What Hype? What have Tyrone done (recently)? Of course we have average players as well as decent ones! Are all Tyrones Superstars? Tyrone will set up will ensure that and it won't be pretty like against Donegal? Aidan O'shea to get the line? who told you this? The referee?

BennyHarp

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2013, 11:30:13 PM

What Hype? What have Tyrone done (recently)? Of course we have average players as well as decent ones! Are all Tyrones Superstars? Tyrone will set up will ensure that and it won't be pretty like against Donegal? Aidan O'shea to get the line? who told you this? The referee?

Maybe Tyrone aren't all superstars - but there's over 25 all Ireland medals in that changing room and that brings with it a certain level of superstardom.

If Aiden O'shea was silly enough to get sent off against Donegal in a game which was over by half time then it wouldn't be totally against the realms of possibility to suggest that he may have issues come the white heat of a proper championship game.

And do you really think there's been no hype around this Mayo team in the national media? (Though it could be justified, we have to wait and see)
That was never a square ball!!

Whishtup

Quote from: Syferus on August 20, 2013, 11:23:29 PM

You must be the only human being to observe this year's championship and think Dublin are the team to beat. Some slow-moving, plant-based rhubarbs might agree with you on that, but that's about it.

Don't have me fact the head aff ye!  You're judgement is clouded by sheep. 

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 20, 2013, 11:43:59 PM

Maybe Tyrone aren't all superstars - but there's over 25 all Ireland medals in that changing room and that brings with it a certain level of superstardom.

If Aiden O'shea was silly enough to get sent off against Donegal in a game which was over by half time then it wouldn't be totally against the realms of possibility to suggest that he may have issues come the white heat of a proper championship game.

And do you really think there's been no hype around this Mayo team in the national media? (Though it could be justified, we have to wait and see)

Spell the poor lad's name wrong. I know you're cowering in fear of him but it's the least you could do.

It's incredibly lazy analysis to think AOS is a red card threat, both incidents the last day were marginal at best and another referee may have only ticked him. AOS of two years ago was a liability when it came to wild tackling and challenges, but not the one that'll take the field on Sunday.

From the Bunker

O'sea got a second yellow. How many inter county games has he been sent off in?

I am not going to start rating or degrading the Tyrone team. Like us they have average and above average players.

On the Hype side, All I've read and heard for the last 2 and a bit weeks is about (fecking) Sean Cavanaghs tackle, the two boys being suspended and then not suspended and (fecking) Brolly!

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on August 20, 2013, 11:46:54 PM

Spell the poor lad's name wrong. I know you're cowering in fear of him but it's the least you could do.

It's incredibly lazy analysis to think AOS is a red card threat, both incidents the last day were marginal at best and another referee may have only ticked him. AOS of two years ago was a liability when it came to wild tackling and challenges, but not the one that'll take the field on Sunday.

A quick bit of editing there to correct a nonsense first sentence Syferus? If you're going to comment on grammar or spelling at least ensure your own posts make sense first.

BennyHarp

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2013, 11:55:15 PM

I am not going to start rating or degrading the Tyrone team. Like us they have average and above average players.

On the Hype side, All I've read and heard for the last 2 and a bit weeks is about (fecking) Sean Cavanaghs tackle, the two boys being suspended and then not suspended and (fecking) Brolly!
[/b]

To be fair, that's true! Are you suggesting this was all a ruse by Brolly to dampen the hype surrounding Mayo?

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 20, 2013, 11:59:43 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2013, 11:55:15 PM

[/b]

To be fair, that's true! Are you suggesting this was all a ruse by Brolly to dampen the hype surrounding Mayo?

No, Brolly never has an agenda!  :P

Crete Boom

Do you Rodman merit internet access? Judging by you analysis and football knowledge probably not. The bits in bold wouldn't surprise me if they happened but this still doesn't disguise the stupidity of your post or if a wind up the lameness of your attempt :P.

Even Logie would be more balanced and subjective with his predictions ;).

Come to think of it you are like an abomination of Eugene McGee , Roy Curtis , Tony Davis and the Bomber Liston rolled into one all the while making our own Einstein McStay sound credible ;D

O'Neill you will have school this man/woman in the art of winding up us Mayo folk!!!

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 20, 2013, 11:56:10 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 20, 2013, 11:46:54 PM

A quick bit of editing there to correct a nonsense first sentence Syferus? If you're going to comment on grammar or spelling at least ensure your own posts make sense first.

Short-hand, boss. So who's this Aiden character?