Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Whishtup on August 18, 2013, 08:40:32 PM
All the Tyrone interviews on the teamtalk website are really playing down Tyrone's chances-only really talk about how to stop Mayo and try to keep close to them on the scoreboard.  Going by this are we going to see an uber-defensive display from Tyrone a la Donegal v Dubs 2 years ago?

That'd require the other team not to run away with it and force Tyrone to run themselves legless trying to chase the game, and that would be some achievement.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Whishtup on August 18, 2013, 08:40:32 PM
All the Tyrone interviews on the teamtalk website are really playing down Tyrone's chances-only really talk about how to stop Mayo and try to keep close to them on the scoreboard.  Going by this are we going to see an uber-defensive display from Tyrone a la Donegal v Dubs 2 years ago?

Would doubt it. If anything I think Tyrone will be working on improving the attacking side of it. In recent games we've played well in patches when attacking at pace and getting forward. The problem has been we've sat back for long periods in the game and brought the opposition on to us. I'd like to think we'll still get men back but also attack in numbers. I think we'll see a considerable jump in the intensity of the Tyrone game for this. The 3 week break after 5 tough weeks on the road won't have done any harm.

Watching Mayo the last day would scare you. But during the league at times watching Dublin would also have scared you and they were expected to hammer us twice yet there was nothing in it over 2 games. People have continually written off league form but its not coincidental that 3 of the semi finalists were in the league semis. And even Kerry improved as the league went on. I've a sneaky feeling we could get a repeat of the league final in the All Ireland final.

Redhand Santa

It's great to see McConnell back starting in an All Ireland semi final this year. To me he showed a great deal of unselfishness this year and showed that he was in it for the benefit of the squad not himself. Having been the first choice (or close to it) keeper for so long he easily could have walked away this year when he only got one start in the McKenna Cup and league despite being the ulster keeper. Instead he kept the head down and backed Morgan and said he wanted to pass on as much knowledge to him as possible and settle him in.

ONeill

It's the speed and direction of the Mayo attack that was very impressive. 55 mins of perfection.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Someone had said they observed that Andy Moran wore the number 13 shirt in the Connacht final. Against Donegal he wore 15.

Reason:

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ONeill on August 18, 2013, 08:37:50 PM
Flip - just watched Mayo's rout of Donegal again.

Gulp.

We've played nowhere near that level.

Gulp.

We've never put back to back performances like that in Croke Park.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ONeill on August 18, 2013, 10:51:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ykDJ5D3w9I

Upped a notch now.

Speechless after listening to the cracker of a song from Datsun . That's 4 minutes of my life that I'll never get back .Don't think I'll ever hear the lyrics "six pack on a six pack" in a another song as long as I live. Can ye boys do any better than that?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

NaomhBridAbĂș

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 19, 2013, 08:00:21 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 18, 2013, 10:51:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ykDJ5D3w9I

Upped a notch now.

Speechless after listening to the cracker of a song from Datsun . That's 4 minutes of my life that I'll never get back .Don't think I'll ever hear the lyrics "six pack on a six pack" in a another song as long as I live. Can ye boys do any better than that?

what a pile of shite...though no doubt it will knock Nathan Carter and his mudering of OCMS Wagon Wheel of the Galbally top 10...yerooooo!
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Lar Naparka

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 19, 2013, 08:17:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=174-r8p2hJc

A mayo tune for a change .
Holy Moses, that effort is even cornier than Datsun's!
If Mayo play football like that crowd play music, we'll all be doomed; doomed. I tell ye!!  ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 19, 2013, 11:30:29 AM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 19, 2013, 08:17:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=174-r8p2hJc

A mayo tune for a change .
Holy Moses, that effort is even cornier than Datsun's!
If Mayo play football like that crowd play music, we'll all be doomed; doomed. I tell ye!!  ;D

Leave the doom and gloom to me. I much prefer doing it! :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Olly

My great uncle is from Salthill in Mayo so we're very excited about this.

I wrote 2 pomes in haiku form with the theme of hands:

MAYO

They won't laugh at us
         When Sam is lifted to sky
By Mayo hands, see.

TYRONE

Rugby basterds YOU!
     Your filthy hands are pure muck
GO HOME! Up to North
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

SkillfulBill

Excellent poem there,

Your great uncle would be very proud ;)