Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 18, 2013, 07:35:52 AM
While it is great to see CoC back I think the praise of his performances have been slightly skewed by his goal return. TBF most junior B forwards would have bagged three quarters of his goals and half of these were scored again them might of London.

Have to agree with the praise of his performances being slightly skewed by his goal return. But in fairness the goals were scored, you have to be in the right place , have the composure or have the skill to make the space and put them away. No one has said he is the next Gooch or this or the other. But if next Sunday Tyrone fans heard he could not play, I'd say there would be a lift in the belief of ye beating us.

larryin89

It's neither here nor there what the bomber has to say really, the vast majority of these ex players that have columns all have an agenda and furthermore most don't have much of a clue anyway.

4-16, 0-21, 5-11 and 4-17 against the all Ireland champions , sure who gives a f**k about "marquee" forwards.

Also on COC , he has improved 30% imo since last season in his contribution from play.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Well he is 5% older than he was last year!  ;)

larryin89

Quote from: ONeill on August 18, 2013, 11:20:40 AM
I was thinking 28%.

Very good but his contribution from play has improved is the point.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

ONeill

trileacman

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/23747052?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

As good a player interview as I've read this while. Interesting comments as regards 03 and taking 45's!
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

From the Bunker

Quote from: trileacman on August 18, 2013, 07:42:01 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/23747052?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

As good a player interview as I've read this while. Interesting comments as regards 03 and taking 45's!

Have to say Pascal McConnell said little or nothing in that interview. And I'd expect no less from an senior player a week or so coming into a big game.

Redhand Santa

I see Cononr Mortimor tweeting that this time next week they should be talking about how they beat Tyrone and get the plans in place for the few weeks leading up to the All Ireland. Assume he's on the wind up?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 18, 2013, 08:27:21 PM
I see Cononr Mortimor tweeting that this time next week they should be talking about how they beat Tyrone and get the plans in place for the few weeks leading up to the All Ireland. Assume he's on the wind up?

Like me or you he has nothing to do with the current setup. Just an observer looking from the outside.

ONeill

Flip - just watched Mayo's rout of Donegal again.

Gulp.

We've played nowhere near that level.

Whishtup

All the Tyrone interviews on the teamtalk website are really playing down Tyrone's chances-only really talk about how to stop Mayo and try to keep close to them on the scoreboard.  Going by this are we going to see an uber-defensive display from Tyrone a la Donegal v Dubs 2 years ago?

DuffleKing