Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: muppet on August 14, 2013, 05:13:22 AM
Crazy as it sounds, I agree with the lads who say he pushed Mone's hand away and it looked like a punch.

Gormley and Tyrone are unlucky in this case. Saying Gormley has form (I would guess with just about every big county) is irrelevant as each case has to be dealt with on its own merits.

We tackle aggressively and could easily lose a man for a big game this way. If this happened to us we would not be happy.
As we both know muppet, strange things can happen in Mayo football but I've yet to see anyone attempt to push someone else with a closed fist aimed at the head.
Having said that, I think Tyrone have every right to appeal.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

trileacman

Penrose struck Mone and deserves his suspension.

Gormley pushed Mone away and Mone was struck by his own hand. It's no red card.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 14, 2013, 09:03:18 AM
Quote from: muppet on August 14, 2013, 05:13:22 AM
Crazy as it sounds, I agree with the lads who say he pushed Mone's hand away and it looked like a punch.

Gormley and Tyrone are unlucky in this case. Saying Gormley has form (I would guess with just about every big county) is irrelevant as each case has to be dealt with on its own merits.

We tackle aggressively and could easily lose a man for a big game this way. If this happened to us we would not be happy.
As we both know muppet, strange things can happen in Mayo football but I've yet to see anyone attempt to push someone else with a closed fist aimed at the head.
Having said that, I think Tyrone have every right to appeal.

Firstly I don't see the closed fist here. Gormley is grasping Mone's hand at the start and his palm strikes Mone's shoulder. I don't see the closed fist or him aiming at his head.

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

theticklemister

This is too lenient. All Tyrone players should be banned; everyone of them. They are all bound to be up to something.

nrico2006

From the video you can see Gormleys hand on Mones wrist, he then proceeds to push it away.  There is no sign of a fist from Gormley, if anything the black glove makes it look like a fist.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ballinaman

I'm finding it very hard to watch that video and not say..."stop hitting yourself Dessie, stop hitting yourself"
He'll play on Sunday week IMO.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 14, 2013, 09:16:57 AM
From the video you can see Gormleys hand on Mones wrist, he then proceeds to push it away.  There is no sign of a fist from Gormley, if anything the black glove makes it look like a fist.
Ho Li Fuk, I never thought of that!
You could well be right. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

BennyHarp

Why did Mone not go away clutching his face after the Gormley incident as this seems to be his standard reaction to being punched?
That was never a square ball!!

Jinxy

Watch the black glove on Gormleys right hand.
Does it hit Dessie on the chin?
It does 100%.
It's the old 'push n punch' trick.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

lenny

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 14, 2013, 09:25:24 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 14, 2013, 09:16:57 AM
Ho Li Fuk, I never thought of that!
You could well be right. ;D

Its quite obviously a strike or an attempted strike. Only tyrone supporters are unable to see that on here. He may get off on appeal but he deserves his one match ban.

lenny

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 14, 2013, 09:25:34 AM
Why did Mone not go away clutching his face after the Gormley incident as this seems to be his standard reaction to being punched?

Mone did not feign injury in this case. He was clearly punched twice. For tyrone people to complain about play acting is pretty pathetic given the antics of cavanagh, gormley et al.

Jinxy

Gormley has never done anything accidentally in his life.
I'd say if you walked into the incubator room a couple of hours after he was born, it would have been full of crying babies, with him staring angelically up at you as if to say, 'What? I didn't touch them.'
If you were any use you'd be playing.

spuds

Would rather Tyrone have a full compliment and both teams go at it full tilt but Gormley knows exactly what he is doing here. You cannot grab Mone with the same hand you finish the movement with boxing his face with a closed fist. The linesman sees it all running in the little eejit.
The face on O'Neill is hilarious, oblivious to it all.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

BennyHarp

Quote from: lenny on August 14, 2013, 09:29:17 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 14, 2013, 09:25:34 AM

Mone did not feign injury in this case. He was clearly punched twice. For tyrone people to complain about play acting is pretty pathetic given the antics of cavanagh, gormley et al.

Where did I accuse him of feigning injury?? Penrose struck him and he reacted by clutching his face. If he was punched by Gormley, I'm just surprised his reaction wasn't he same. He doesn't flinch which maybe suggested that he didn't feel the need to feign injury for a push.
That was never a square ball!!

DuffleKing

Makes no difference. Tyrone have done unbelievably well to make it to the last four. They will be hammered