Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: Kimbap on August 08, 2013, 10:21:31 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 08, 2013, 10:17:41 AM
Mayo have been very impressive so far this year, but from some of the talk floating about you would swear that the Tyrone team is littered with average players in comparison to the Mayo team.  Tyrone have as good a player as Mayo do, and I think this match will be very tight with only a few points in it.

Agree with everything except Tyrone have better players.They don't.They may win the next day,it'll be a tight game no doubt but if they do win it'll be down to experience and their top players playing out of their skin and Mayo having an off day.

He did not say that Tyrone had better players. He said they were as good.

So for Tyrone to win they have to play out of their skin plus Mayo have an off day? Mmmm?

supersarsfields

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 08, 2013, 10:37:53 AM
Mayo posters here start off by saying that they aren't arrogant then proceed to show themselves to be sickeningly so.  This whole nudge nudge, wink wink sarcastic nonsense about not being able to play at Croker, that you have no forward line, that you have never beaten AI champions etc thinking ye are hilarious replying to each other, is excruciating, as we have heard it all before. Youse are favourites to win this game and the all Ireland, and rightly so, but wind yer necks in until after he actually win something lads!
+1

But not just Mayo supporters. The idea that what some poster writes on T'internet will make any difference to the preparation of the game for the two counties is nonsense. Sometimes I think we may have an inflated sense of importance.
Speak your mind, call the game as you see it and stop the arse boxing.

If Mayo start well I think they'll win it. They've slightly stronger forwards and that'll prob be the difference. Our forward 6 is less settled. If they pull ahead early, it could be big trouble, as they'll play better football then when Tyrone's chasing the game. However if Tyrone can keep close in the final quarter, I'd fancy they to close the game out better.

Sam2011

Mayo posters here start off by saying that they aren't arrogant then proceed to show themselves to be sickeningly so.  This whole nudge nudge, wink wink sarcastic nonsense about not being able to play at Croker, that you have no forward line, that you have never beaten AI champions etc thinking ye are hilarious replying to each other, is excruciating, as we have heard it all before. Youse are favourites to win this game and the all Ireland, and rightly so, but wind yer necks in until after he actually win something lads!

Jealous?
Would you lighten up a bit for gods sake.
The past three years have been great to be a Mayo supporter, especially after the year we had in 2010. So why can't we enjoy it?
We have a serious squad and management team who only want one thing this year and that is Sam.
I do believe we will beat Tyrone and win the All- Ireland. You now will say this is more arrogance, but I call it belief. I know first had how had the lads have trained this year and during the winter last year and they fully deserve to win. We have won all four of our championship games by 61 points, that to me shows a team who are ruthless and determined on winning.
People need to get over all these old sterotypes about choking and bottling. We lost in the past because we were not good enough end of. The teams of the past have nothing to do with the currrent one.

Cold tea

More and more hoping Tyrone win after some of the shite on this thread.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Sam2011 on August 08, 2013, 11:09:29 AM

Jealous?
Would you lighten up a bit for gods sake.
The past three years have been great to be a Mayo supporter, especially after the year we had in 2010. So why can't we enjoy it?
We have a serious squad and management team who only want one thing this year and that is Sam.
I do believe we will beat Tyrone and win the All- Ireland. You now will say this is more arrogance, but I call it belief. I know first had how had the lads have trained this year and during the winter last year and they fully deserve to win. We have won all four of our championship games by 61 points, that to me shows a team who are ruthless and determined on winning.
People need to get over all these old sterotypes about choking and bottling. We lost in the past because we were not good enough end of. The teams of the past have nothing to do with the currrent one.

Why on earth would I be jealous? That's a bizarre comment.  And it's your own lads who keep sarcastically banging on about being chokers etc! This will have no impact on your players though and if they are good enough they will win!
That was never a square ball!!

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: supersarsfields on August 08, 2013, 10:59:42 AM
+1

But not just Mayo supporters. The idea that what some poster writes on T'internet will make any difference to the preparation of the game for the two counties is nonsense. Sometimes I think we may have an inflated sense of importance.
Speak your mind, call the game as you see it and stop the arse boxing.

If Mayo start well I think they'll win it. They've slightly stronger forwards and that'll prob be the difference. Our forward 6 is less settled. If they pull ahead early, it could be big trouble, as they'll play better football then when Tyrone's chasing the game. However if Tyrone can keep close in the final quarter, I'd fancy they to close the game out better.

Good post.
MWWSI 2017

Kimbap

Quote from: EC Unique on August 08, 2013, 10:55:21 AM
Quote from: Kimbap on August 08, 2013, 10:21:31 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 08, 2013, 10:17:41 AM
Mayo have been very impressive so far this year, but from some of the talk floating about you would swear that the Tyrone team is littered with average players in comparison to the Mayo team.  Tyrone have as good a player as Mayo do, and I think this match will be very tight with only a few points in it.

Agree with everything except Tyrone have better players.They don't.They may win the next day,it'll be a tight game no doubt but if they do win it'll be down to experience and their top players playing out of their skin and Mayo having an off day.

He did not say that Tyrone had better players. He said they were as good.

So for Tyrone to win they have to play out of their skin plus Mayo have an off day? Mmmm?

Sorry,my mistake.

Ok,well on current form they are not as good.If you could only pick all stars this year so far from Tyrone and mayo.Mayo would have 12 and Tyrone maybe three.

Im not saying some Tyrone experienced heads and up and coming young lads plus some brilliant Mickey Harte master stroke can't win this game,they can (but not if Mayo are the level of performance  they were the last day)

The bottom line is more things have to fall into place for Tyrone to win than Mayo.Im not being arrogant or cocky (ive been there for all the heartbreak) and am just trying to look at the facts as i see them and take it one game at a time.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ballinaman on August 08, 2013, 11:59:41 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 08, 2013, 11:49:57 AM
I'm worried.
I'd be worried if you weren't  ;)

And I'd be worried if the whole of Mayo from Enda Kenny down* weren't worried that Farr wasn't worried.  ;D
Begorrah, tornadoes and earthquakes we could put up with but Farr lightening up would be a step too far.

On mature reflection, that should be "up."
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

muppet

We need Barney back, to quell the hype and to blame the County Board for everything.
MWWSI 2017

larryin89

People still don't realise how good Mayo are, bulk of Mayo support included.

No sense in  posting on the aul forums either half the time, if your post does not include , a mild mannerism a conservative view point , you're just told.''you don't know what you're talking about''.

Mayo will steamroll Tyrone.sin e. Tart it up anyway you want though.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Club Rossa

Can't see anything other than a comprehensive Mayo win.Tyrone don't have the forwards to beat a top team like Mayo.We're depending on Cavanagh scoring 5 or 6 pts but the forwards aren't pulling their weight.We were fortunate enough to draw Monaghan as I don't think we would have beaten any of the other 3.We can live in hope though.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 08, 2013, 03:33:37 PM
Where is Barney anyway?
in the home for the bewildered. couldn't handle the positivity
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere