Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 07, 2013, 11:08:57 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 07, 2013, 09:49:23 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 07, 2013, 04:28:36 PM
History shows us that Mayo are chokers in Croke Park and only get to Finals the years that they win semi finals.
Are you saying if Mayo lose this semi final they won't reach the final?

Janey Mac! Either I or both you and Bunker need remedial help ASAP!
When did Mayo or any other county ever reach a final unless they won a semi to get there first?

Lar you don't understand, we have a terrible record in Croke Park! But you've hit on something there, if we have reached allot of finals then where did we play the Quarter finals and semi finals?

rosnarun

Quote from: ross matt on August 07, 2013, 11:11:07 PM
History shows us that Mayo are chokers in Croke Park and only get to Finals the years that they win semi finals.

When did Mayo or any other county ever reach a final unless they won a semi to get there first?

My thoughts exactly Lar but presume Bunker was being sarcastic ?
Doubt it  its far too late in the year for that kinda of messing
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Captain Obvious

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 07, 2013, 11:19:12 PM

Lar you don't understand, we have a terrible record in Croke Park! But you've hit on something there, if we have reached allot of finals then where did we play the Quarter finals and semi finals?

The other teams lost in Croke park for Mayo to win. All Tyrone have to do in this game is to score more than Mayo.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 07, 2013, 11:49:18 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 07, 2013, 11:19:12 PM

The other teams lost in Croke park for Mayo to win. All Tyrone have to do in this game is to score more than Mayo.

And beat the ref too, of course.

That is figuratively, not literally, ye animals!

trueblue1234

Quote from: ross matt on August 07, 2013, 11:09:17 PM
I expect (and hope) that Mayo will win this semi final. Tyrone have a very tactically astute manager and (despite it not being their best ever panel) a competitive bunch of players who know what it takes to eek out narrow victories.

Mayo had every championship 2013 match won by half time. Tyrone will do everything in their power (negative, cynical etc) to ensure the westerners don't get a good start. Aidan O'Se will be targeted in the hope that he reacts and gets sent off. Vaughan the same. Cillian O'Connor will be hit on (but mostly off) the ball in the hope that he gets taken out of the game.
The plus for Mayo in all of this is that it's exactly what they need if they're to enter the AI final and win it. They need a dog of a match where they have to dig deep in the 2nd half in order to win ugly.

They have the overall skill, hunger, ambition and physical conditioning to beat this limited but determined Tyrone side. Mayo by 6pt.

Where as Mayo will practically play basketball and attempt to implement a none contact game.  ::)
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Kimbap

Quote from: ballinaman on August 07, 2013, 08:39:13 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 07, 2013, 08:23:33 AM
I honestly can't get over the arrogance that seems to be coming out of Mayo.  Why the constant reference to the Roscommon game too?  Tyrone have hammered them two years running therefore I'm sure they weren;t completely fired up for the third installment a few weeks ago.  All this cockiness from Mayo is allowing Tyrone to be completely written off from every quarter.  Mayo are a good team, but to be honest I don't see them as being anything special and the only team I would be worried about from a Tyrone perspective would be Dublin.  Great cover from Tyrone to come in as overwhelming underdogs against a team notorious for choking.  There is no way Mayo are going to hammer 3 or 4 goals by Tyrone and no way that O'Connor's luck will continue into this game.
Can you speak to as many Tyrone people as you can and repeat that over the next few weeks, local radio or even yer man Logie bear. It'll be much appreciated. Thanks, love Mayo

Great stuff,the more Tyrone people thinking this the better.Spread the word up there.

Kimbap

Quote from: DJGaliv on August 07, 2013, 12:48:00 PM
I have to say that this years Mayo team and Mayo fans in general don't appear to be arrogant. I'd say ruthless, and confident just like every other county left in this years championship. This is coming from a Galway man.

There's nearly an attitude being labelled on Mayo that don't let the muck savages west of the Shannon get ahead of themselves. However it's okay to have the confidence of the Aristocrats down in Kerry or the magical Dubs without being labelled arrogant.

Nail on head there.

Have to say i dont think what any other supports say about us will slightly effect Horan and the boys.They're totally driven to hit the levels they know they can get too.If they can do that for two games we will win Sam,if they can't we may still have a chance or we may not.Anything else is just bluster.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ross matt on August 07, 2013, 11:11:07 PM

My thoughts exactly Lar but presume Bunker was being sarcastic ?
I know damn well he was. ;D
I just thought it was so daft that anyone wouldn't take him seriously.
Obviously, there's at least one who did!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Kimbap

Quote from: muppet on August 07, 2013, 02:52:25 PM
Some of the Tyrone lads here are trying the same tactic that Jimmy and Rory Gallagher tried last week.

Trying to attack a perceived mental weakness in the opposition (in this case the arrogance of the fans  ::)), before the match, is not quite how Kerry brought us down.

This is great I have to say.Everyone calling us arrogant and cocky (God,i'm glad we left the chokers name behind  ::)) And Mayo fans laughing it off in general bemusement! Let them off with whatever they throw at us and we'll let the lads reply on the field.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Kimbap on August 08, 2013, 09:11:59 AM
I have to say that this years Mayo team and Mayo fans in general don't appear to be arrogant. I'd say ruthless, and confident just like every other county left in this years championship. This is coming from a Galway man.

There's nearly an attitude being labelled on Mayo that don't let the muck savages west of the Shannon get ahead of themselves. However it's okay to have the confidence of the Aristocrats down in Kerry or the magical Dubs without being labelled arrogant.

Nail on head there.

Have to say i dont think what any other supports say about us will slightly effect Horan and the boys.They're totally driven to hit the levels they know they can get too.If they can do that for two games we will win Sam,if they can't we may still have a chance or we may not.Anything else is just bluster.

Yet in your post above you seem to think what Tyrone supporters think, will affect how Tyrone preform? Strange!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Kimbap

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 08, 2013, 09:50:15 AM
Quote from: Kimbap on August 08, 2013, 09:11:59 AM

Nail on head there.

Yet in your post above you seem to think what Tyrone supporters think, will affect how Tyrone preform? Strange!!

Erm,yeah thats my point.All the mind games and we're either cocky or chokers,take your pic will not effect Mayo.We are a level ahead of that rubbish and Horan and the team are focused on themselves and nothing else.Thats in the case of Mayo.In Tyrones case they may or may not be effected by sides shows,they have huge experience in fairness but better let them spend energy trying to figure what the mood of Mayo supporters is (and get it completely wrong by the way) than have them fully focused on the match as wee are.

nrico2006

Mayo have been very impressive so far this year, but from some of the talk floating about you would swear that the Tyrone team is littered with average players in comparison to the Mayo team.  Tyrone have as good a player as Mayo do, and I think this match will be very tight with only a few points in it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Kimbap

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 08, 2013, 10:17:41 AM
Mayo have been very impressive so far this year, but from some of the talk floating about you would swear that the Tyrone team is littered with average players in comparison to the Mayo team.  Tyrone have as good a player as Mayo do, and I think this match will be very tight with only a few points in it.

Agree with everything except Tyrone have better players.They don't.They may win the next day,it'll be a tight game no doubt but if they do win it'll be down to experience and their top players playing out of their skin and Mayo having an off day.

iorras

Yes, but back to the real topic, what about Roscommon? There must be additional Rossie related topics that can be gleaned from this semi final match up?
Have we had no references to the fact that they are in the minor semi final (t'other one) and some potential impacts that fact could have on Mayo and Tyrone? Very slack if we haven't, up the game a small bit please lads.

BennyHarp

Mayo posters here start off by saying that they aren't arrogant then proceed to show themselves to be sickeningly so.  This whole nudge nudge, wink wink sarcastic nonsense about not being able to play at Croker, that you have no forward line, that you have never beaten AI champions etc thinking ye are hilarious replying to each other, is excruciating, as we have heard it all before. Youse are favourites to win this game and the all Ireland, and rightly so, but wind yer necks in until after ye actually win something lads!
That was never a square ball!!