Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

Quote from: muppet on August 07, 2013, 02:52:25 PM
Some of the Tyrone lads here are trying the same tactic that Jimmy and Rory Gallagher tried last week.

Trying to attack a perceived mental weakness in the opposition (in this case the arrogance of the fans  ::)), before the match, is not quite how Kerry brought us down.

Well if that is their tactics I say to all the Tyrone men on this thread good luck with that, because like any Mayoman I have a long list of mental weaknesses and you can attack away. You won't be the first and it will all end in tears before you make any headway.

Syferus

Start calling them Mayo-WestRos, lads. Be sure to ping them on it regularly. That'll unsettle boarder fellas like Andy, Alan Freeman and Keith Higgins. Ye'll get them yet.

Jell 0 Biafra

Any chance of a moratorium on the use of the word "arrogant" on this thread?

ballinaman

Quote from: muppet on August 07, 2013, 02:52:25 PM
Some of the Tyrone lads here are trying the same tactic that Jimmy and Rory Gallagher tried last week.

Trying to attack a perceived mental weakness in the opposition (in this case the arrogance of the fans  ::)), before the match, is not quite how Kerry brought us down.
You always have to look for flaws, actually present or fictional before going into a big game to give yourself belief. I'd hardly expect Tyrone to have the attitude of right,where do ye want us lads?
Tyrone will turn up expecting to do a number on us, if you don't believe in yourself you may as well not even tog out. Tyrone don't have a rake of Celtic crosses in their arse pockets for nothing.
However, we'll be ready for the dance too.

Tyrone will not get away with short kickouts like they did v Monaghan. Our front 6 will be all over them like a rash. That'll force them to kick it long and I'm happy enough with that. I know the underfoot conditions were terrible the last day but can the Tyrone lads tell me how the feel about the likes McLoughlin, Boyle, Vaughan and Higgins pace going at McMahon and Peter Harte? Do the have the legs? if Harte continues to be as slow and ponderous on the ball, he'll get turned over and over again.

From our point of view, we'll need to keep a close eye on Donnelly x 2. They've been pulling the strings IMO and obviously Cavanagh, keep him to 1 or 2 points and I'll be happy. Clerkin got in about him the last day and kept him fairly quiet.

Looking forward to the match ups, should be a cracker.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on August 07, 2013, 03:14:17 PM
Any chance of a moratorium on the use of the word "arrogant" on this thread?

That's arrogant talk !!!! Burn him ;D.

From the Bunker

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 07, 2013, 08:23:33 AM
I honestly can't get over the arrogance that seems to be coming out of Mayo.  Why the constant reference to the Roscommon game too?  Tyrone have hammered them two years running therefore I'm sure they weren;t completely fired up for the third installment a few weeks ago.  All this cockiness from Mayo is allowing Tyrone to be completely written off from every quarter.  Mayo are a good team, but to be honest I don't see them as being anything special and the only team I would be worried about from a Tyrone perspective would be Dublin.  Great cover from Tyrone to come in as overwhelming underdogs against a team notorious for choking.  There is no way Mayo are going to hammer 3 or 4 goals by Tyrone and no way that O'Connor's luck will continue into this game.

I have to say i totally agree with you there, you cannot compare a game Mayo had with Roscommon with a game Tyrone had with Roscommon. There are no comparisons. It would be like comparing Tyrones game with Donegal and Mayo's game with Donegal. Totally incomparable.

If I was Tyrone I would be worried about Dublin too. Cannot be wasting time thinking about this semi final as it is unlikely Mayo will win this semi final. History shows us that Mayo are chokers in Croke Park and only get to Finals the years that they win semi finals.

ross4life

Why the constant reference to the Roscommon game too?  Tyrone have hammered them two years running therefore I'm sure they weren;t completely fired up for the third installment a few weeks ago. 

And Tyrone didn't fare so well after those hammerings v us. Monaghan,Meath both played div 3 football like ourselves so i suppose Tyrone weren't fully fired up for those games either...
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

From the Bunker

Quote from: ross4life on August 07, 2013, 04:46:48 PM
Why the constant reference to the Roscommon game too?  Tyrone have hammered them two years running therefore I'm sure they weren;t completely fired up for the third installment a few weeks ago. 

And Tyrone didn't fare so well after those hammerings v us. Monaghan,Meath both played div 3 football like ourselves so i suppose Tyrone weren't fully fired up for those games either...

Look, you are not looking at this correctly. Tyrone made the league final and lost to Dublin. Dublin is the team that they are thinking about and fear. They could not fear Mayo as Mayo don't do well in games in Croker, have not been tested yet and had a poor league.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 07, 2013, 07:15:36 PM
Quote from: ross4life on August 07, 2013, 04:46:48 PM

Look, you are not looking at this correctly. Tyrone made the league final and lost to Dublin. Dublin is the team that they are thinking about and fear. They could not fear Mayo as Mayo don't do well in games in Croker, have not been tested yet and had a poor league.

Totally agree. And Mayo will wilt under the pressure of those rugby tackles too.

Whishtup

Take me home to Mayo!

(penned by an Ulster man)

armaghniac

QuoteAnd Mayo will wilt under the pressure of those rugby tackles too.

Surely such extreme measures will not be need against chokers?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

From the Bunker

Quote from: armaghniac on August 07, 2013, 09:30:00 PM
QuoteAnd Mayo will wilt under the pressure of those rugby tackles too.

Surely such extreme measures will not be need against chokers?

My thoughts too. A small push here and little pull there should do the trick against Mayo! Tyrone are lucky they never had to endure the stigma of losing to Chokers like Mayo in Croke Park!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 07, 2013, 09:33:53 PM
Tyrone are lucky they never had to endure the stigma of losing to Chokers like Mayo in Croke Park!

Huh?! 1989, 2004, how it hurts! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Captain Obvious

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 07, 2013, 04:28:36 PM
History shows us that Mayo are chokers in Croke Park and only get to Finals the years that they win semi finals.
Are you saying if Mayo lose this semi final they won't reach the final?

Frank Casey

Are there any members of the 1951 team (that were cursed) still alive?

Yerra ye know those old piseogs.
KERRY 3:7