Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whishtup

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 06, 2013, 07:48:02 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 05, 2013, 08:17:48 PM
I know they say that the league counts for nothing but Tyrone and Dublin were so far ahead of everyone else that I fancy both to reach the final.  I would also fancy the same outcome as the league final as the Dubs physicality can not be matched by any other team.

Tyrone's run in to the semi-final cannot be dismissed.

-Hammered an Offaly team who were high in confidence after putting it up to Kildare (in Offaly)(altough although had players out)
-Bate Roscommon in Roscommon-a team hurting from their display against Mayo with new impetus from John Evans.
-Bate a Kildare team in Kildare with Kieran McGeeney fighting for survival.
-Bate Meath after Meath scaring the shite out of Dublin in Croke Park.
-Bate Monaghan who were on the crest of a wave after taking Ulster.

The Mayo Donegal game will have done Mayo no favours at all-better to have come through a tight battle.  As for Aidan O'Shea he'll need more than a couple of high catches and bullock runs to impress against Tyrone-we'll give him no respect.

The speed of Dublin is frightening-altough they are a great team, I don't see anything frightening about Mayo.
You are taking the piss, aren't you?
So Tyrone's run to the semi-final cannot be dismissed, can it?
Heh heh, I agree.  ;D ;D
Ye started off by getting a batin' from Donegal, who went on to get an even more emphatic one form Mayo, who will be waiting for ye in the semi.
Ye'r dead right; I wouldn't dismiss that either if I was in your shoes.
Next up, Roscommon. Ye just about managed to nose in front of them at the end even though the Rossies had just changed managers and were still shell shocked from the mauling they got from guess who; yep, you got it right in one go I expect.
If you didn't, it's the team ye will have to face in yer next match.
So ye bate Monaghan, did ye?
I guess ye did but only when one of your players decided to change codes and executed a flying rugby tackle that Joe Sheridan would be jealous of. Joe being no mean code changer either.
Ye bate Meath after Meath scaring the shite out of Dublin. Fair enough, but you forget to mention that they also scared the shite out of your gang also.
We all know Tyrone won't show any respect for Aidan O'Shea since ye've never shown respect for anybody or anything; including the ethos and rules of the game.
If you still don't see anything frightening about Mayo, you, my friend, are a walking advert for Specsavers.

That's harsh-we truly respect Jimmy Cricket.

Considering Tyrone have performed in (and won ;)) two of the best All Ireland final's in this past ten years I say to you, my friend, in the words of Stone Cold Steve Austin,

"Why are you flappin them gums at me!"

You can continue to wallow in a Mayo wonderland and be brought down to earth again with a bang or see real threat that Tyrone are going to pose, based on the character they have shown in this championship.

Mayo Mick

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 06, 2013, 07:55:31 PM
Just listened to Oisin McConville and Anthony Moyles on the Second Captains podcast there. Got the impression neither of them gave Tyrone even a slim chance in the semi-final. In fact Oisin said he can see them getting a Donegal style beating.

Oisin is on the money.

Unlike Lar I have a lot of time for Tyrone and they are to be admired for what they have achieved over the past decade especially for stuffing the animals. They have got a bad press especially from RTE who have no love for teams north of the border. If we had won 3 AIs with some tough no nonsense football Lar would be singing a different tune.

All of that will be no good to ye in 3 weeks time however - ye are not the team of 2005 or 2007 and  will be meeting a team that is is as good as any of the last 15 years - including Kerry.  Will be a good experience for the younger players ye have and who knows in a couple of years we could meet in an AI final on more equal terms.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

INDIANA

Quote from: Mayo Mick on August 06, 2013, 09:59:56 PM
Just listened to Oisin McConville and Anthony Moyles on the Second Captains podcast there. Got the impression neither of them gave Tyrone even a slim chance in the semi-final. In fact Oisin said he can see them getting a Donegal style beating.

Oisin is on the money.

Unlike Lar I have a lot of time for Tyrone and they are to be admired for what they have achieved over the past decade especially for stuffing the animals. They have got a bad press especially from RTE who have no love for teams north of the border. If we had won 3 AIs with some tough no nonsense football Lar would be singing a different tune.

All of that will be no good to ye in 3 weeks time however - ye are not the team of 2005 or 2007 and  will be meeting a team that is is as good as any of the last 15 years - including Kerry.  Will be a good experience for the younger players ye have and who knows in a couple of years we could meet in an AI final on more equal terms.

If mayo are stupid enough to listen to an armagh man tell them they are going to hockey tyrone more power to them.

It'll be one they'll live to regret.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Mayo Mick on August 06, 2013, 09:59:56 PM

Oisin is on the money.

Oi! Hould on there a mo,
I never said I have no time for Tyrone. I was merely pointing out to that laddybuck above that he could be building his mansion of dreams on very shaky foundations indeed if he sees anything in Tyrone's play this year that will bring them to the AI final.
There' no good in waffling on about the past either. That was then and now is now.
Let him prepare for Armageddon! ;D

I was in Omagh in '08 when Mayo played Tyrone in a league match and I will never forget the welcome Mayo got from the Tyronies. After the game was over, I found my car had been jammed in by some effin' hoor who just abandoned his own and shagged off leaving me stuck in behind him.
Along came a few good, stout red handers and they just took off their jackets, rolled up their shirt sleeves and on a "one, two three," they horsed yer man's car outa me way.
How's that for Northern hospitality?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Whishtup

Listen here ye laddybuckaroo ye, there'll be no hospitality on that field.  Prepare for a red heat that day and when the players begin to wilt, another red heat will come from the bench, a superior, fitter, faster bench than Mayo's. 
(Love this trash talkin')

BennyHarp

If you lads think that Tyrone have been playing to their full potential in every game this year then you may be in for an awful shock come August 25th. There's hardly a man, bar big Sean, who has reached full tilt yet. There's nothing better than being complete underdogs against a cocky Mayo team!
That was never a square ball!!

smelly fairy

8 Pages already, and I'm rolling on the floor laughing... This is funny fare.. Lar, I think you're rising to the bait! It's entertaining though!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 06, 2013, 10:28:29 PM
If you lads think that Tyrone have been playing to their full potential in every game this year then you may be in for an awful shock come August 25th. There's hardly a man, bar big Sean, who has reached full tilt yet. There's nothing better than being complete underdogs against a cocky Mayo team!

Tyrone have a lot of huff this year but not much puff.

Orangemac

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 06, 2013, 06:55:43 PM
The Hype in Mayo will have kicked in since the Donegal game. Players and management will be greatly affected by this hype as many have not encountered this before in their football career. Mayo do not deal with being favourites going into a match, being favourites in every game in Connacht and the quarter final greatly affected the teams performance.

After nearly 3 years under Horan, Mayo still have no marquee forward.  Mayo's scores so far have been spread all over the team (squad). So when the going gets tough we don't have that one forward you go to who will pull the game out of the bag.
That means both teams have no marque forward, Tyrone have been relying on a spread of scorers all year ( Cavanagh the main threat over last 2 games). In fact with Cooper playing further outfield all 4 remaining teams have no marquee forward this year, Cluxton being close to top scorer for Dubs this year.

Agree that Mayos biggest problem will be playing down hype. A Mayo performance even at 80% of Sundays level will beat Tyrone unless Tyrone somehow pull a performance from memory that they have not hinted at all year

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Syferus on August 06, 2013, 10:42:34 PM

Puffed our way to the semis  ;)

Farrandeelin

I know...  :-[
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Quote from: Orangemac on August 06, 2013, 10:47:46 PM
Agree that Mayos biggest problem will be playing down hype.
From the outside, it'll definitely look like hype, no doubt about it. When in reality it's total belief in this team and what the management are doing. I don't think there will be any playing down of so called hype/belief this year.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on August 06, 2013, 10:42:34 PM

In 2008 Tyrone stumbled into an all ireland quarter final via the back door. In the first round they beat Louth relatively easily, then struggled to beat both Westmeath in round 2 and Mayo in round 3. The form was relatively poor with plenty of "huff but not much puff" and nobody gave them a chance against the Dubs who had just won the Leinster Final by 23 points............Just saying.
That was never a square ball!!

From the Bunker

Quote from: Orangemac on August 06, 2013, 10:47:46 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 06, 2013, 06:55:43 PM
The Hype in Mayo will have kicked in since the Donegal game. Players and management will be greatly affected by this hype as many have not encountered this before in their football career. Mayo do not deal with being favourites going into a match, being favourites in every game in Connacht and the quarter final greatly affected the teams performance.

After nearly 3 years under Horan, Mayo still have no marquee forward.  Mayo's scores so far have been spread all over the team (squad). So when the going gets tough we don't have that one forward you go to who will pull the game out of the bag.
That means both teams have no marque forward, Tyrone have been relying on a spread of scorers all year ( Cavanagh the main threat over last 2 games). In fact with Cooper playing further outfield all 4 remaining teams have no marquee forward this year, Cluxton being close to top scorer for Dubs this year.

Agree that Mayos biggest problem will be playing down hype. A Mayo performance even at 80% of Sundays level will beat Tyrone unless Tyrone somehow pull a performance from memory that they have not hinted at all year

Yeah, the hype down here is mad already. Naturally Tyrone are more accustomed to hype than Mayo and know how to deal with it. This getting to AI semi finals and beating previous year Champions is new to us and we are losing the run of ourselves. We just can't believe that we are where we are at the moment. This years run has come out of no where and people are losing the run of themselves.